• Last Reply

New York vs San Jose 3-2 aggregate

Columbus vs Colorado 2-1 aggregate

Los Angeles vs Seattle 5-3 aggregate

Real Salt Lake vs FC Dallas 4-1 aggregate

New York vs Columbus

Los Angeles vs Real Salt Lake

Columbus vs Real Salt Lake

For the repeat. Grinding and grunt work get the job done in the MLS Playoffs, not flash and dash.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

East:

New York vs. San Jose

Columbus vs. Colorado

West:

Los Angeles vs. Seattle

Real Salt Lake vs. FC Dallas

East Final:

New York vs. Columbus

West Final:

Los Angeles vs. Real Salt Lake

MLS Cup Final:

New York vs. Real Salt Lake

Hell of a year for the Red Bull organization after that absolutely putrid year that they had last year...but RSL has the potential to become MLS' version of an unsung SA Spurs-type dynasty. The folks at RSL just get it, plus they've had the best team for the latter part of the season, and they're gonna ride that to another title. Now if only they could fix that name. :P

Hell of a year for the Red Bull organization after that absolutely putrid year that they had last year...but RSL has the potential to become MLS' version of an unsung SA Spurs-type dynasty. The folks at RSL just get it, plus they've had the best team for the latter part of the season, and they're gonna ride that to another title. Now if only they could fix that name. :P

Maybe if they rebrand it into a reference to "God's Kingdom".

/Sorry Utahans.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So I just bought too-expensive tickets to Sunday's Sounders/Galaxy playoff game.

Seems like the Sounders have beat LA several times this season. I'd really hate for the first playoff game I've ever attended to end in a loss for the home team.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Wow... The East must of totally blown ass this season. Good thing New York and Columbus can keep the East banner alive for now.

As for my picks:

Eastern Semis:

New York def. San Jose (Good to see the 'Quakes back, but the Red Bulls just look better right now)

Colorado def. Columbus (Upset pick despite my lack of knowledge on both teams)

Western Semis:

Los Angeles def. Seattle (If any team can stop a possible repeat bid for RSL, it's the Galaxy)

Real Salt Lake def. FC Dallas (RSL must be built for the postseason if you ask me)

Eastern Final: New York def. Colorado

Western Final: Los Angeles def. Real Salt Lake

MLS Cup: Los Angeles def. New York (Landon Donovan is named MVP)

Finalists for the 2010 MLS Awards:

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER (Nov. 19 announcement)

Chris Wondolowski, San Jose

Edson Buddle, Los Angeles

David Ferreira, Dallas

COACH OF THE YEAR (Nov. 11)

Schellas Hyndman, Dallas

Jason Kreis, Real Salt Lake

Hans Backe, New York

ROOKIE OF THE YEAR

Tim Ream, New York

Andy Najar, D.C. United

Danny Mwanga, Philadelphia

GOALKEEPER OF THE YEAR

Kevin Hartman, Dallas

Nick Rimando, Real Salt Lake

Donovan Ricketts, Los Angeles

DEFENDER OF THE YEAR

Jamison Olave, Real Salt Lake

Omar Gonzalez, Los Angeles

Nat Borchers, Real Salt Lake

NEWCOMER OF THE YEAR (Nov. 10)

Alvaro Saborio, Real Salt Lake

Thierry Henry, New York

Joel Lindpere, New York

COMEBACK PLAYER OF THE YEAR (Nov. 10)

Chris Albright, New York

Bobby Convey, San Jose

Brek Shea, Dallas

Winners noted in bold.

Finalists for the 2010 MLS Awards:

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER (Nov. 19 announcement)

Chris Wondolowski, San Jose

Edson Buddle, Los Angeles

David Ferreira, Dallas

Cmon Wondo!

GOALKEEPER OF THE YEAR (Nov. 3)

Kevin Hartman, Dallas

Nick Rimando, Real Salt Lake

Donovan Ricketts, Los Angeles

How is Stefan Frei not on this list? The guy practically kept TFC holding on to any slim hopes they of the playoffs had going late in the season.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

The Sounders/Galaxy game last night was a lot of fun. I'm far from a soccer expert, but what I saw on the field is that LA is really good.

Also, I was kind of surprised to see David Beckham playing really hard; he was kind of everywhere on the field. I thought that as an international megastar he might take some plays off, but that absolutely wasn't the case.

I don't know how the Seattle experience is different from other teams -- I'm sure it's better based on average attendance -- but MLS games really are a ton of fun.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

MLS Playoffs Recap (through Game 1):

East:

New York 1 - San Jose 0

Columbus 0 - Colorado 1

West:

Los Angeles 1 - Seattle 0

Real Salt Lake 1 - FC Dallas 2

Awards Announced:

Najar (DCU) won Rookie of the Year and Ricketts (LAG) won Goalkeeper of the Year.

Game 2 of the Red Bull New York - San Jose match-up is on ESPN 2 tonight and it is starting in a few minutes.

We have a Quarterfinal upset!

Game 2: San Jose 3, New York 1

(San Jose advances to the Eastern Conference Final on a 3-2 aggregate)

The Bulls were absolutely horrible. Marquez couldn't aim for $#!t, too many takeaways, and Henry only saw the gameplay when we were in desperate need of a goal. Angel, and at times Angudelo and Albright, were the only men putting effort into getting that ball up the field. I give Coundoul so much credit. Despite the goals toward the end, he made a solid effort to keep them alive. I also give Busch a lot of kudos for his play. He was phenomenal for the 'Quakes. I wish S.J. luck.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Archived