2009 NCAA Division 1 Ice Hockey Championship

Geoff

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There sure is a lot of Minnesota-Duluth love all of a sudden.

I'll be at the games in Minneapolis at Mariucci Arena (your temporary home of the UMD Bulldogs?) next Friday and Saturday. If anyone else is going, give me a shout.

My favorite quote from the Gopher Hockey Message Boards:

The Gophers situation is this..........A bunch of people got together and threw a big party at my house but they didn't invite me to come to it.

No UMD love from me my friend -- it's all about the Fighting Sioux in my household!

We got screwed, man. Going out to NH, playing NH, and then BU in the same bracket... wicked pissah.

You won't have to worry about playing BU. They aren't beating New Hampshire, in New Hampshire. Not happening.

I'll be at the games in Minneapolis at Mariucci Arena (your temporary home of the UMD Bulldogs?) next Friday and Saturday. If anyone else is going, give me a shout.

The Gophers situation is this..........A bunch of people got together and threw a big party at my house but they didn't invite me to come to it.

No UMD love from me my friend -- it's all about the Fighting Sioux in my household!

We got screwed, man. Going out to NH, playing NH, and then BU in the same bracket... wicked pissah.

You won't have to worry about playing BU. They aren't beating New Hampshire, in New Hampshire. Not happening.

Well, if BU is playing NH, then that means UND already lost to NH, so naturally I wouldn't hafta worry about BU ^_^ I'm starting to realize that BU might have trouble with OSU. This bracket is pretty hard to predict.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Well, if BU is playing NH, then that means UND already lost to NH, so naturally I wouldn't hafta worry about BU ^_^ I'm starting to realize that BU might have trouble with OSU. This bracket is pretty hard to predict.

My fault, what I was implying was that the Souix would lose to UNH. I'm a BU fan through and through. I remember, 2005 I want to say, regionals at the DCU Center. I had to sit through a dreadful Mercyhurst/BC game just to get to the BU/UND matchup everyone was waiting for. Too bad UND put on an absolute clinic, great day <_< .

I am going to be in the Twin Cities this weekend, and may possibly try to go see my alma mater, UMD, at least in their game against Princeton. Tickets shouldn't be too hard to come by, actually.

The other day I read they sold 7000 in advance and had 3000 left to sell. Now 2500 people from UMD and 500 from Denver may buy those, but 7000 Gopher fans will have extras to sell you. :D

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

And... They're off!

In the East Regional, Air Force stuns Michigan 2-0 and advances to the Reigonal Final tomorrow night against the Vermont/Yale winner.

Right now, another 4 seed is up as Miami of Ohio leads Denver 2-0 after the 1st Period. It looks like this is going to be the March Madness that we'll have after the lackluster start to the men's basketball tourny.

and a one and a two

Off we go into the wild blue yonder,

Climbing high into the sun;

Here they come zooming to meet our thunder,

At 'em boys, Give 'er the gun!

Down we dive, spouting our flame from under,

Off with one hell of a roar!

We live in fame or go down in flame.

Nothing can stop the U.S. Air Force!

so long and thanks for all the fish.

I just witnessed "The Great Escape" in Minneapolis.

Minnesota-Duluth was down 4-2 with a 1:05 to play when Princeton got a high sticking penalty. Duluth pulled their goaltender for a 6-4 advantage and was able to score with 39.5 seconds to play to make it 4-3.

With 12.4 seconds to go and Duluth pressuring, the ref calls for a faceoff outside the Princeton zone, seemingly killing any chance Duluth has to equalize.

However...

Duluth wins the faceoff and dumps the puck into the corner and then shoots it behind the goal...

tick...tick...tick...

where the puck is shot out from behind the net to the right of the Princeton goalie for one final, desperation shot...

...tick...tick...

and the shot goes in!!! And the clock reads "0.8"

The Duluth fans go nuts, screaming "What just happened!!" "O my God!!" "What did I just see?!"

Overtime!

A back and forth OT with the shots pretty even but a Duluth player is skating behind a Princeton player and looks to have skated over his legs, but the ref rules he stuck his foot back and tripped him for a Duluth power play, which they cash in on 16 seconds later to win 5-4 after scoring two goals inside the final 40 seconds of regulation to force the OT and avoid being the fourth out of four higher seeds to lose today, as Michigan, Yale and Denver all are upset by lower seeds.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I just witnessed "The Great Escape" in Minneapolis.

Minnesota-Duluth was down 4-2 with a 1:05 to play when Princeton got a high sticking penalty. Duluth pulled their goaltender for a 6-4 advantage and was able to score with 39.5 seconds to play to make it 4-3.

With 12.4 seconds to go and Duluth pressuring, the ref calls for a faceoff outside the Princeton zone, seemingly killing any chance Duluth has to equalize.

However...

Duluth wins the faceoff and dumps the puck into the corner and then shoots it behind the goal...

tick...tick...tick...

where the puck is shot out from behind the net to the right of the Princeton goalie for one final, desperation shot...

...tick...tick...

and the shot goes in!!! And the clock reads "0.8"

The Duluth fans go nuts, screaming "What just happened!!" "O my God!!" "What did I just see?!"

Overtime!

I :censored:ing hate Boston University.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

You gotta love seeing the passion showed by Carroll on the bench after the tying goal. Passion like that from your captain is great.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Well, I'd be watching some college hockey, but the folks in some Beltway BW3 just don't want this Virginia-Maryland lacrosse game to end.

Edit-longest men's lacrosse game ever. (7OT)

woooooo.....

2nd Edit...Virgina scores, game over, Thank God.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Well, I'd be watching some college hockey, but the folks in some Beltway BW3 just don't want this Virginia-Maryland lacrosse game to end.

I know, right? This game really won't end. 7 OTs, and the way this game has been going, and counting.

I don't normally watch lacrosse, but I'm rained in and there's nothing else on, so I've watched this game since the 3rd quarter. It's wild.

I love lacrosse but I was really looking forward to watching this game and they pick it up midway through the 2nd. =/

UMD ties it with .8 last night and UNH one-ups them tonight tying it with .3 seconds left to force OT against North Dakota

I must've picked the best day to watch nontraditional (when it comes to the south :P) sports. Lacrose game went to 6 OTs, this one goes to OT off of a goal in the last seconds. College sports are awesome.

Archived