2009 NCAA Division 1 Ice Hockey Championship

Geoff

With the bracket now announced, who y'all got?

NORTHEAST REGIONAL (MANCHESTER, NH)

1. Boston University

4. Ohio State

2. North Dakota

3. New Hampshire

MIDWEST REGIONAL (GRAND RAPIDS, MI)

1. Notre Dame

4. Bemidji State

2. Northeastern

3. Cornell

EAST REGIONAL (BRIDGEPORT, CT)

1. Michigan

4. Air Force

2. Yale

3. Vermont

WEST REGIONAL (MINNEAPOLIS, MN)

1. Denver

4. Miami

2. Minnesota-Duluth

3. Princeton

Boston University is the #1 overall seed.

The Frozen Four will be held in Washington, DC and will pit the winner of the East Region against the winner of the Northeast Region and the winner of the Midwest Region against the winner of the West Region.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was very disappointed at the Gophers' collapse this year. I would have to say now that they are out of it, I am rooting for Bemidji State or UMD. IMO, the championship will be between Boston U and Michigan. That would make 2 years in a row of Mass vs. Mich. I just don't think the WCHA is that strong this year, otherwise I would either have Denver or UMD in the championship.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

I was very disappointed at the Gophers' collapse this year. I would have to say now that they are out of it, I am rooting for Bemidji State or UMD. IMO, the championship will be between Boston U and Michigan. That would make 2 years in a row of Mass vs. Mich. I just don't think the WCHA is that strong this year, otherwise I would either have Denver or UMD in the championship.

Last year was Mass. vs. Indiana. Notre Dame is from South Bend.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Last year was Mass. vs. Indiana. Notre Dame is from South Bend.

'07 was Sparty over BC. That's probably what you're thinking of.

6fQjS3M.png

NORTHEAST REGIONAL (MANCHESTER, NH)

1. Boston University

4. Ohio State

Boston University

2. North Dakota

3. New Hampshire

North Dakota

MIDWEST REGIONAL (GRAND RAPIDS, MI)

1. Notre Dame

4. Bemidji State

Notre Dame

2. Northeastern

3. Cornell

Cornell

EAST REGIONAL (BRIDGEPORT, CT)

1. Michigan

4. Air Force

Michigan

2. Yale

3. Vermont

Vermont

WEST REGIONAL (MINNEAPOLIS, MN)

1. Denver

4. Miami

Miami ?:blink: Hockey? The Hurricanes? :wacko:

Denver

2. Minnesota-Duluth

3. Princeton

Minnesota-Duluth

Frozen Four

Boston University

Cornell

Michigan

Minnesota Duluth

Final

Boston University

Michigan

Champion

Michigan

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I love college hockey. I was at the frozen four in 05 when Denver won it all and I got to see Erin Andrews slip and fall on the ice after the game.

My dad and I are probably two of the biggest Ohio State hockey fans you'll meet. My father is good friends with the Head coach John Markell and I've probably been to 75 OSU home games over the years, but even we didn't expect to make it into the field of 16. It was a pleasant surprise to see their name called on today's selection show. If BU sleeps on Ohio State they'll lose. That's a tough draw for the Terriers as Ohio State has beat Michigan and Notre Dame this season. The Buckeyes are also young (only 3 seniors), they'll be back stronger next year. So, after a few lackluster seasons Ohio State hockey is getting back to respectability.

PvO6ZWJ.png

There sure is a lot of Minnesota-Duluth love all of a sudden.

I'll be at the games in Minneapolis at Mariucci Arena (your temporary home of the UMD Bulldogs™) next Friday and Saturday. If anyone else is going, give me a shout.

My favorite quote from the Gopher Hockey Message Boards:

The Gophers situation is this..........A bunch of people got together and threw a big party at my house but they didn't invite me to come to it.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I'll be at the games in Minneapolis at Mariucci Arena (your temporary home of the UMD Bulldogs?) next Friday and Saturday. If anyone else is going, give me a shout.

The Gophers situation is this..........A bunch of people got together and threw a big party at my house but they didn't invite me to come to it.

No UMD love from me my friend -- it's all about the Fighting Sioux in my household!

I'll be at the games in Minneapolis at Mariucci Arena (your temporary home of the UMD Bulldogs?) next Friday and Saturday. If anyone else is going, give me a shout.

No UMD love from me my friend -- it's all about the Fighting Sioux in my household!

We got screwed, man. Going out to NH, playing NH, and then BU in the same bracket... wicked pissah.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

After sweeping here, Wisconsin controlled its own destiny and went in the tank. So, I guess I'm pullin for the WCHA. Denver has a shot, but I agree with the above that the WCHA is down. I suspect BU will win it all, but that goalie at UMD is good and if he gets hot, watch out.

I may end up at the marriucci games myself.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived