2009 NCAA Division 1 Ice Hockey Championship

Geoff

Could we see a third number 1 seed go down? Bemdiji State is up 3-0 on Notre Dame in the 2nd Period (The game is on ESPN Classic, in case you want to see it).

You already have Michigan and Denver go down. If Notre Dame bites the dust, expect brackets everywhere to be totally destroyed (or use whatever term you feel comfortable using).

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How bout that Vermont ending!?!?!?! 6 minuetes after they score the game winning goal in OT, they win the game! WOW!

Since I didn't see that, you mind explaining what happened?

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Boston University is really good. It also didn't help that the Buckeyes played like a bunch of nervous freshman, which is what they are. Still, it doesn't feel good to be the only 4 seed NOT to win a first round game.

PvO6ZWJ.png

How bout that Vermont ending!?!?!?! 6 minuetes after they score the game winning goal in OT, they win the game! WOW!

A play can be reviewed at the next whistle. Whether that whistle is 2 seconds later or 18 minutes later, it doesn't matter. A UVM player fired the puck and it went in upper right corner but wasn't counted as a goal because it went through the net and the light didn't come on and and the whistle didn't blow. The play continued on uninterrupted for a while and then finally another almost goal for UVM brought on a whistle and they reviewed the goal minutes later for what seemed like 15 minutes (probably closer to 10) and came out and called it a goal and UVM won.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

A play can be reviewed at the next whistle. Whether that whistle is 2 seconds later or 18 minutes later, it doesn't matter. A UVM player fired the puck and it went in upper right corner but wasn't counted as a goal because it went through the net and the light didn't come on and and the whistle didn't blow. The play continued on uninterrupted for a while and then finally another almost goal for UVM brought on a whistle and they reviewed the goal minutes later for what seemed like 15 minutes (probably closer to 10) and came out and called it a goal and UVM won.

Yeah a heart breaker for Air Force...what a way to lose.

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

What an unbelievable tourney. Last second goals to send it to overtime and upsets galore. And the final four of BU, Vermont, Miami and...Bemidji State (where's no97?)

BU was probably the favorite going in and they may very well just roll two teams over now. But it's been fun and it's nice to see some of those other teams in the final four (I hate calling it the "F****n Four"). But in one-and-done hockey, anything can happen (as is being proven) and we may have a first time champ.

Good stuff

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Boston was a given to reach D.C. since they were the number 1 overall seed and it showed in some impressive games over the weekend.

Vermont took advantage of Michigan getting knocked off by Air Force and a good call in double OT to move on.

Miami and Bemdiji State are the Cinderellas here. Before this run, no one in College Hockey America has even won an NCAA game, let alone two. This run has to be that conference's finest hour... Yet, I have to think the WCHA is watching the Beavers' performance with a keen eye since BSU wants to join that conference in the near future.

Boston was a given to reach D.C. since they were the number 1 overall seed and it showed in some impressive games over the weekend.

Vermont took advantage of Michigan getting knocked off by Air Force and a good call in double OT to move on.

Miami and Bemdiji State are the Cinderellas here. Before this run, no one in College Hockey America has even won an NCAA game, let alone two. This run has to be that conference's finest hour... Yet, I have to think the WCHA is watching the Beavers' performance with a keen eye since BSU wants to join that conference in the near future.

Last stand would be more appropriate. I'm under the impression this year is their last.

(Also, Niagara won a game in 2003)

((Miami was rather highly ranked before their late-season swoon))

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Last stand would be more appropriate. I'm under the impression this year is their last.

Makes sense if you ask me. If CHA goes down...

-Bemdiji State goes to the WCHA (Air Force should too in order to face opponents that more within it's region)

-Niagara and Robert Morris goes to Atlantic Hockey

-Alabama Huntsville pulls the plug (Sorry, UAH fans. But, your program is more out of place then Air Force is in Atlantic Hockey)

-Bemdiji State goes to the WCHA (Air Force should too in order to face opponents that more within it's region)

-Alabama Huntsville pulls the plug (Sorry, UAH fans. But, your program is more out of place then Air Force is in Atlantic Hockey)

BSU wants into the WCHA, but the WCHA would need to add 2 more than likely. Air Force would make sense, as Denver and CC are in it, HOWEVER.. AF has no interest in the WCHA. Alabama-Huntsville is in trouble for finding a league, HOWEVER.. Bowling Green is looking to drop hockey, so AH can sneak into their spot. Also, look for a couple of Canadian schools to look into joining. (I've heard of British Columbia U to look into the WCHA)

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Next season is the last for the CHA. RMU and Niagara will use AHA refs for non conference home games but CHA refs for CHA games.

1. Air Force left a league with closer teams for AHA (They were in the CHA) to be in the same conference as Army. They're not going to the WCHA.

2. Starting 10-11

3. UAH is hosting the 2012 Frozen Four in Tampa so they're going until then. UAH is closer to the schools like Miami, OSU, etc than Nebraska-Omaha. Most people don't realize that because they get caught up on the UAH is in the south thing.

BSU wants into the WCHA, but the WCHA would need to add 2 more than likely. Air Force would make sense, as Denver and CC are in it, HOWEVER.. AF has no interest in the WCHA. Alabama-Huntsville is in trouble for finding a league, HOWEVER.. Bowling Green is looking to drop hockey, so AH can sneak into their spot. Also, look for a couple of Canadian schools to look into joining. (I've heard of British Columbia U to look into the WCHA)

The most floated around rumor is:

BSU to WCHA with Northern Michigan going back to WCHA

UAH takes their spot in the CCHA.

Bowling Green doesn't want to drop but with the economy is making it tough for them to find funds they desperately need to fix their rink and expand the facilities.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Where's no97? Been planning my trip to DC for the Frozen Four!!!! Holy crap, what a weekend in Bemidji. It's absolutly the talk of the town. Yes, Niagara won a NCAA game back in 2000 for the CHA, but this is so much bigger... It helps too that the city is holding the ground breaking for the new arena for BSU tomorrow (Friday), and the WCHA is having a site visit to see if BSU will join the conference tomorrow too.

An unbelievable time here! (did I say that yet?) Plus, there's the national exposure for the town... Check out this article from the Bemidji Pioneer, with links to articles from the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, MSNBC, etc. You can't buy that kind of exposure for your town/University!

Moose

Where's no97? Been planning my trip to DC for the Frozen Four!!!! Holy crap, what a weekend in Bemidji. It's absolutly the talk of the town. Yes, Niagara won a NCAA game back in 2000 for the CHA, but this is so much bigger... It helps too that the city is holding the ground breaking for the new arena for BSU tomorrow (Friday), and the WCHA is having a site visit to see if BSU will join the conference tomorrow too.

An unbelievable time here! (did I say that yet?) Plus, there's the national exposure for the town... Check out this article from the Bemidji Pioneer, with links to articles from the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, MSNBC, etc. You can't buy that kind of exposure for your town/University!

Moose

Congratulations. This reminds of when Ohio State went to the Frozen Four in 98. My dad took me to the airport to welcome the team back and I got a picture with Bald Goaltender Jeff Maud. Super Exciting times, I'm happy for you.

PvO6ZWJ.png

• 2 weeks later...

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude, why is no one talking about this? AMAZING game!

I just found out a few days ago that my cousin's fiancee's brother plays for BU, and I already know about 5 people who go there, so I was begrudgingly rooting them on tonight. But seriously, what more could you ask for? Can't wait for next year! (BC-BU rubber match! :P)

Agreed. What a sick finish!

It was such a good game, that it led tonight's SportsCenter. (About time ESPN gives hockey some love!)

6uXNWAo.png

OU may be heated rivals with Miami but I still wanted them to win as a CCHA team. I played squirts and peewees with Trent Vogelhuber and he went to St. Charles in Columbus for high school so I feel bad for him and the Miami players. I guess this tournament has proven the old hockey saying that a 2 goal lead is the worst lead you can have in hockey.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Agreed. What a sick finish!

It was such a good game, that it led tonight's SportsCenter. (About time ESPN gives hockey some love!)

When it's relevant, newsworthy, and captivating, it leads. What is so difficult about that concept? I forgot, hockey is supposed to be A block programming just because it's hockey...sorry about that.

Yeah, it's because the Boston team won.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived