RIP Buffaslug

Sabrejeff

About time the Sabres got rid of the Buffaslug.

That logo has been UGLY to begin with!

I say "good riddance" to the buffaslug!

But... but... now that the Buffaslug is gone, and the OKC Thunder abomination (possibly) about to be replaced or relegated to secondary status, what are we going to have left to pick on?

Where do you see that the OKC is about to be replaced or downgraded? All I'm seeing is a mascot.

I don't see anything there either (except an unsourced report that the owner said at the unveiling that the logo would be temporary, which seems really unlikely to me).

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a logo I was fairly indifferent about to begin with, but over the past couple of seasons, I have grown to hate this logo and jersey. I won't even play Online NHL 09 against someone who chooses to play with that jersey, I hate it so much...I've never felt that strongly about a jersey. I never liked the black and red look either, and I don't particularly care for the retro stuff either. Is there any way that a team in Buffalo could ditch "Buffalos" in their logo scheme at all?

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

If they actually get rid of it, that would be a pretty short stay and an example of how the public can influence these things (like the 49er helmet that was never followed through with). Of course, it's unfair to those who shelled out a bundle of money for the jersey, but we're used to that.

Which we've seen before in the NHL. The situation with these jerseys below are very similar, IMO.

ryanmiller.jpg

palffyfisherman.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

If they actually get rid of it, that would be a pretty short stay and an example of how the public can influence these things (like the 49er helmet that was never followed through with). Of course, it's unfair to those who shelled out a bundle of money for the jersey, but we're used to that.

I don't think "unfair" is the word. If you like the jersey, you ought to be glad that you bought it. If you don't like the jersey, you never should have bought one in the first place.

The Rays logo is weak. Really weak. I say they are next to be picked on.

D:

I like it better than the last sets.

But I never thought the slug was that bad, but the current third is awesome.

I was just a huge fan of those green uni's and hats. I thought they were so orignal and classy. But now they are too plain, and the removal of the Devil Ray from the logo stinks in the TB. I liked it.

2ly2w09.jpg

The Sabres current logo is one of the best in all of sports.

I hope you're being sarcastic there, fella? It's like calling the Clippers logo great.

Or saying the thing that you just left in the toilet is one of the best things you have ever smelt.

Hey some toilet bowl cleaners do smell very good!

untitled-6.jpg

The Sabres current logo is one of the best in all of sports.

I hope you're being sarcastic there, fella? It's like calling the Clippers logo great.

Or saying the thing that you just left in the toilet is one of the best things you have ever smelt.

Hey some toilet bowl cleaners do smell very good!

:P^_^

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

I gotta say, I just heard about the death of the Buffaslug, and I got tears in my eyes. I still get chills down my spine thinking about it, it was only a few years old, and now we'll never see it again. It was so young, in its prime. I still can't believe it.

I think it's safe to say that no matter who you root for, today, we are all Buffaslug fans. RIP Buffaslug, the world was never meant for one as beautiful as you.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I gotta say, I just heard about the death of the Buffaslug, and I got tears in my eyes. I still get chills down my spine thinking about it, it was only a few years old, and now we'll never see it again. It was so young, in its prime. I still can't believe it.

I think it's safe to say that no matter who you root for, today, we are all Buffaslug fans. RIP Buffaslug, the world was never meant for one as beautiful as you.

Y'know, I was going to try and top it, but this is arguably the best post I've seen in awhile. I wanted to say some thing after Seadragon76 had his "We are all Angels fans today" thing, (real mature, Seadragon. You too STL Fanatic. I am a Cardinal. What a joke.), but I wasn't to sure what to say to get the right amount of sarcasm. This works rather well.

About time the Sabres got rid of the Buffaslug.

That logo has been UGLY to begin with!

I say "good riddance" to the buffaslug!

But... but... now that the Buffaslug is gone, and the OKC Thunder abomination (possibly) about to be replaced or relegated to secondary status, what are we going to have left to pick on?

Where do you see that the OKC is about to be replaced or downgraded? All I'm seeing is a mascot.

Re-read the very first post of that thread, which mentions the team owner remarking that the current OKC logo is temporary. It screams "secondary patch" to me though, and in any case I doubt they'd just get rid of it after one season.

CCSLC signature.png

You could give Lee about 5 post of the day ribbons today, but this one is the best. :notworthy:

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

My sincere condolences to the Buffaslug family and friends. I just can't deal with this. Why couldn't it have been me?

Bufffaslug: 2006-2009

Good night, sweet prince.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I bow to you, good sir :notworthy:

The slug is not going anywhere. All I have heard Larry Quinn say is they may swap the third and home jersey. So the blue slug would be the third and the white slug would stay the road.

n0fd1z6xmhigb0eej3323ebwq.gifi40oxcdbo7xtfamqqhqachoyo.gif

The Sabres unveiled a memorial patch for the Buffaslug today. The patch will be worn on the upper-right corner of the uniform, opposite the number:

sabres_memorial_patch.png

Archived