NHL 2009 Super Special Playoff Edition Megathread

Lee.

Geeze, with all the Wings-Ducks :censored:-sucking, some would think that was the only game last night. That's fine. Bruins will just keep moving along quietly.

You stay classy Boston ;)

I'm sorry nothing overly interesting happened in the Bruins-Canes game.

Our bad

Plus, they were on at around the same time and were being broadcast on the same channel.

Everybody couldnt watch both games. It was most likely one or the other.

How ironic that statement is coming from you, after your ridiculously saturated homerism posts, and then your apparent sarcasm at OMMF. You stay classy Still MIGHTY <_<

The Bruins haven't been talked about at all on these boards throughout the entire season. Maybe marginally here or there, but it's been mostly talk from Leafs and Pens fans. Which is fine, considering the strong fan bases that occupy this community.

1) Sorry my sarcasm is strong. I was saying to stay classy because of the " :censored: -sucking" remark.

2) Homerism posts? Sorry for talking about my team. My "homerism" is nothing more than talking about my team. Much like you are doign with the Bruins here. I have nothing against that. Just trying to talk about my team and put some points about them across.

Trust me Im just as tired of the Pens, Sens, and Leafs talk around here.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Geeze, with all the Wings-Ducks :censored:-sucking, some would think that was the only game last night. That's fine. Bruins will just keep moving along quietly.

Our bad

Plus, they were on at around the same time and were being broadcast on the same channel.

How ironic that statement is coming from you, after your ridiculously saturated homerism posts, and then your apparent sarcasm at OMMF. You stay classy Still MIGHTY <_<

The Bruins haven't been talked about at all on these boards throughout the entire season. Maybe marginally here or there, but it's been mostly talk from Leafs and Pens fans. Which is fine, considering the strong fan bases that occupy this community.

1) Sorry my sarcasm is strong. I was saying to stay classy because of the " :censored: -sucking" remark.

2) Homerism posts? Sorry for talking about my team. My "homerism" is nothing more than talking about my team. Much like you are doign with the Bruins here. I have nothing against that. Just trying to talk about my team and put some points about them across.

Just a FYI....You and your posts are the reason why I dislike the Ducks and the Angels.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Our bad

2) Homerism posts? Sorry for talking about my team. I'll just talk about Leafs, Pens, Sens, and Caps so I can fit in with the group and stay off the radar. My bad.

There's nothing wrong with talking about your team, bud. It's just a lot more enjoyable when you do it at an abstract level so the conversation can keep going instead of turning people away, the snarky attitude doesn't help either. Just sayin'...

Our bad

Just a FYI....You and your posts are the reason why I dislike the Ducks and the Angels.

Really?

Do you think the homerism is that bad? Or is it just something about how I write it?

Just curious.

Also, really sorry if I come off as snarky or douchebaggy as you guys say I am.

I am pretty sarcastic in real life, but I never thought it came off that bad in the posts.

Your homerism isn't necessarily bad...it's just your presentation; trumpeting everything that happens from the heights of the figurative mountains in large letters.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Our bad

2) Homerism posts? Sorry for talking about my team. I'll just talk about Leafs, Pens, Sens, and Caps so I can fit in with the group and stay off the radar. My bad.

There's nothing wrong with talking about your team, bud. It's just a lot more enjoyable when you do it at an abstract level so the conversation can keep going instead of turning people away, the snarky attitude doesn't help either. Just sayin'...

Sorry. Long posts like the one I made about last night's game I usually just copy/paste from the Ducks board I am on.

Probably should think about tailoring the posts for the audience I guess.

Like I said in the previous post, sorry if I come off as snarky as you say I do.

Not trying to do that. I'm a lot nicer face-to-face lol.

Your homerism isn't necessarily bad...it's just your presentation; trumpeting everything that happens from the heights of the figurative mountains in large letters.

Ah, gotcha...

Yeah I guess I see what you mean.

I just get excited about my teams that's all.

And sometimes it's a little hard to break through as a small minority through the overly large and loud majorities here sometimes.

absolutely wonderful save by The Iron Curtain. learn the name: Semyon VarLAmov. gotta win 3 more now.

Tom Poti also deserves some credit for throwing off Crosby just slightly so he couldn't get all on the shot that he wanted to.

absolutely wonderful save by The Iron Curtain. learn the name: Semyon VarLAmov. gotta win 3 more now.

Tom Poti also deserves some credit for throwing off Crosby just slightly so he couldn't get all on the shot that he wanted to.

Is NBC still spelling his hometown as "Worchester"? I mean, I can understand spelling something as it sounds, but if that is the case... <_<

Only one save, only one win.

Monday, we right the ship.

Since when did you decide to jump back on the Pens bandwagon after jumping off when they were out of playoff contention and didn't hire Torts? :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Is NBC still spelling his hometown as "Worchester"? I mean, I can understand spelling something as it sounds, but if that is the case... <_<

When said aloud it sounds nothing like Worchester.... hopefully.

How the hell would one go about spelling how it sounds? I just tried, and failed -- thoughts?

When said aloud it sounds nothing like Worchester.... hopefully.

How the hell would one go about spelling how it sounds? I just tried, and failed -- thoughts?

That's what I meant, if they first see it and think it is pronounced "Worchester," and then spell it themselces as such... I don't know what to say. "Wor-sess-ter" is bad enough. :P

It should be spelled Woostah. :P

Today, we are all otaku.

It should be spelled Woostah. :P

Hey, if it makes you guys say it right... :P

The Senators are still relevant during the playoffs? :P

Wonderful day of hockey, waking up to the Caps-Pens Game was great. As was seeing a comeback even if it was against the Canucks.

I hope Washington can prove me wrong.

Hi, how are you?

Umm, apart from me and sometimes wheelhouse and throwback, when is there ever pens talk around here?

oBIgzrL.png

Umm, apart from me and sometimes throwback, when is there ever pens talk around here?

You underestimate yourself, man. :P

And you forgot Wheelhouse.

Archived