NHL 2009 Super Special Playoff Edition Megathread

Lee.

I can. As much as it hurts to say this, this series is just about over. It has the stench of last year's Detroit series and/or the Sens series from two years ago all over it, in that when we play good they play great, and when we play bad (most of the time), they still play great.

That, and our powerplay makes me wish you could defer penalites in the NHL. I don't think there's ever been a team that actually helps the other team by getting a powerplay like we do.

oBIgzrL.png

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Caps were down by two games and won, don't get too discouraged.

The Caps have a goalie who isn't bipolar (making huge saves one minute, and all letting in a softie the next), and scoring from more than just one person (or, in the caps' case, a chimp), and they don't have a powerplay unit who might be better off as a penalty kill unit.

Out of the 5 goals scored by the pens in this series, 4 are Crosby's. One of them is Mark Eaton's.

That is pathetic. Especially on a team with multiple scorers like the pens.

oBIgzrL.png

The Caps have a goalie who isn't bipolar (making huge saves one minute, and all letting in a softie the next), and scoring from more than just one person (or, in the caps' case, a chimp), and they don't have a powerplay unit who might be better off as a penalty kill unit.

Out of the 5 goals scored by the pens in this series, 4 are Crosby's. One of them is Mark Eaton's.

The Caps do have a goalie who is bi-polar: He's sitting on the bench....

I saw, I came, I left.

The Caps do have a goalie who is bi-polar: He's sitting on the bench....

This amazing and thrilling series is far from over. Each game is just a battle and I look forward to the next engagement. I fear the unpredictable.

GO CAPS GO!

That, and our powerplay makes me wish you could defer penalites in the NHL. I don't think there's ever been a team that actually helps the other team by getting a powerplay like we do.

You've obviously never seen the Rangers play...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

I'm so glad there's a Caps vs Penguins series in these playoffs. It's great because now that the Habs are out, there's still some entertaining and more importantly, competitive hockey left to see.

Its not competitive. Were getting playing like crap.

The moment our season is over, Mike Yeo, powerplay coach, is gone. Our powerplay has been atrocious all year, and its been its worst now, when it counts most.

Now you know what Canadiens fans say everytime they lose. :P

If the Penguins want to come back in this series, players who aren't Sidney Crosby will have to up their game a notch. Malkin didn't do much. Fleury had a good game, not a great game. No one else fought for the puck with enough intensity to pick up the W. The Caps were fortunate enough to edge the Pens twice. Now that the momentum is on the opposing side, let's see which Penguin(s) will have a huge Game 3.

Just when I started to like Crosby he goes and says that he asked the referees to tell the fans to stop throwing hats after Ovie's hat-trick goal. :rolleyes:

Hahahahaha!! That's hilarious. :lol:

People kept throwing hats, I was just asking if he could make an announcement to ask them to stop. I mean, the first wave came and then I think they were all pretty much picked up, and then more started coming. So for us, we just wanted to make sure we kept kind of moving and kept the game going, wanted to try to get back in it. So wasn't complaining about anything.

I really wasn't on the "Crosby's a crybaby" train, but after that :censored:, how can I not be?

Jeebus, quit whining already.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

So the guy wanted to keep the game goin. Big deal.

In any case, after having a day to think it over, my mood has changed from hopeless despair, to careful optimism and vengefulness.

Sure, our powerplay is a mess and Crosby is the only guy who seems to be able to do anything, but if there is one thing Ive seen from this team this year and the two before it, its that this team can overcome almost any kind of adversity. They can turn this around, and they can be making life hell for the Capitals right now. Everyone knows that, including them. They just need to believe it.

Lets tie this up at home, and kick their asses doing it.

oBIgzrL.png

Just when I started to like Crosby he goes and says that he asked the referees to tell the fans to stop throwing hats after Ovie's hat-trick goal. :rolleyes:

Hahahahaha!! That's hilarious. :lol:

People kept throwing hats, I was just asking if he could make an announcement to ask them to stop. I mean, the first wave came and then I think they were all pretty much picked up, and then more started coming. So for us, we just wanted to make sure we kept kind of moving and kept the game going, wanted to try to get back in it. So wasn't complaining about anything.

I saw that right before I went to take a final and I busted out laughing. I think it actually helped me out on the final because I had that in the back of my head. Hilarious.

In any case, after having a day to think it over, my mood has changed from hopeless despair, to careful optimism and vengefulness.

Sure, our powerplay is a mess and Crosby is the only guy who seems to be able to do anything, but if there is one thing Ive seen from this team this year and the two before it, its that this team can overcome almost any kind of adversity. They can turn this around, and they can be making life hell for the Capitals right now. Everyone knows that, including them. They just need to believe it.

The ONLY reason you could even have this thought rattle around in your head, let alone post it, is because it's your golden boy looking like a whiny little bitch...I'm all for being a homer or whatever, but come on, Mazzy!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

The ONLY reason you could even have this thought rattle around in your head, let alone post it, is because it's your golden boy looking like a whiny little bitch...I'm all for being a homer or whatever, but come on, Mazzy!

Be easy on him.... after all, we're all Penguins

I saw, I came, I left.

Be easy on him.... after all, we're all Penguins

Crosby's just upset that there weren't any hats thrown on the ice for his hat trick. I mean being that his accomplishment occurred in DC, there was a more important hat trick to celebrate.

Maz, they all want to keep the game going, the difference is that Crosby is the first player in NHL history to ever complain about hats on the ice because of a hat-trick. Part of being a professional athlete is to not show that the opposing crowd can influence you in anyway even if they are. That's why most players keep their mouths shut about it. If Sidney Crosby is unfortunate enough to ever play against another hat-trick in Washington then I can guarantee he'll see three times more hats.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Everyone wants to defend this guy and say the crybaby stuff is just a myth, because were all "jealous" we dont have Sid on our team. If this was the mid 90's days of Panthers "fans" throwing rats onto the ice after EVERY goal, then I could see a problem. But HATS after a HAT trick? Come on. Id be embarassed to be a Pens/Crosby fan and have to defend that.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Whatever. I really don't think it was that big a deal, I mean, its not like he complained about it forever or went on a tirade or something like that. He just asked the ref if there was anything he could do to stop it because it was dragging on a bit and he wanted to keep going. I'm sure if any of you had just gone down two goals late in a playoff game, you'd want to get out there and try to tie it up as soon as possible to.

I'm not saying it was right, because it isn't something you necessarily want to publically complain about, yet at the same time, I really don't think it was that big a deal because, frankly, he didn't make that big a deal about it either. I think everyone else is just blowing it out of proportion because of the whiner rep he already has.

oBIgzrL.png

Archived