NHL 2009 Super Special Playoff Edition Megathread

Lee.

Whatever. I really don't think it was that big a deal, I mean, its not like he complained about it forever or went on a tirade or something like that. He just asked the ref if there was anything he could do to stop it because it was dragging on a bit and he wanted to keep going. I'm sure if any of you had just gone down two goals late in a playoff game, you'd want to get out there and try to tie it up as soon as possible to.

I'm not saying it was right, because it isn't something you necessarily want to publically complain about, yet at the same time, I really don't think it was that big a deal because, frankly, he didn't make that big a deal about it either. I think everyone else is just blowing it out of proportion because of the whiner rep he already has.

...and which he has done nothing to disprove.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whatever. I really don't think it was that big a deal, I mean, its not like he complained about it forever or went on a tirade or something like that. He just asked the ref if there was anything he could do to stop it because it was dragging on a bit and he wanted to keep going. I'm sure if any of you had just gone down two goals late in a playoff game, you'd want to get out there and try to tie it up as soon as possible to.

I'm not saying it was right, because it isn't something you necessarily want to publically complain about, yet at the same time, I really don't think it was that big a deal because, frankly, he didn't make that big a deal about it either. I think everyone else is just blowing it out of proportion because of the whiner rep he already has.

HE ASKED FOR AN ANNOUNCEMENT TO ASK THEM TO STOP!!!! it was a 3 minute delay, boo freaking hoo. looks like someone never got over the colic. why hasnt Mario changed his formula for that btw? give me a break maz, youre a pretty smart Pens fan (comparatively speaking) you cant approve of this. its hats, for a hat trick. its a tradition. hell, if he wanted to get back on the ice so bad he shouldve helped the crew pick up the hats instead of whining about it. seriously this guy is too damn much. i know Pens fans like to use the saying: "youre just jealous hes not on your team" but honestly i couldnt imagine having him on my team. i'd hang myself like i wanted to when we traded for Jagr.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I dont blame Crosby for being upset. Would you be happy that a guy on the team your playing just scored a hat trick? Crosby gets ripped on way to much. The guy take more cheap shots then arguably any other player in the league. Sure he whines, but dont we all? What about game 7 vs. NYR? Didnt anyone catch Ovechkin whining because the refs missed a call?

Ovechkin is a hell of a player, Crosby is a hell of a player. You cant choose who is better. Crosby is a play making center, Ovechkin is a sniper on the wing. There both the best player in the world (if that made any sense), there both equal. Just because Crosby doesnt jump in the air and kill his teammates when they score doesnt mean he doesnt care.

If you were in his position in game 2, Im sure you'd want to get back into the game as soon as possible to catch the Caps off guard.

Seriously, Id love to see some of the people on here play in Crosbys skates and take a whack to the gut, an elbow to the head etc. and see what you guys say. Some people on here whine like babies because a thread was posted twice or someones concept was lack luster...oh boy, it would be fun to see you switch places with Crosby.

Ovechkin = Crosby ... Crosby = Ovechkin

beLEAF

I dont blame Crosby for being upset. Would you be happy that a guy on the team your playing just scored a hat trick? Crosby gets ripped on way to much. The guy take more cheap shots then arguably any other player in the league. Sure he whines, but dont we all? What about game 7 vs. NYR? Didnt anyone catch Ovechkin whining because the refs missed a call?

Ovechkin is a hell of a player, Crosby is a hell of a player. You cant choose who is better. Crosby is a play making center, Ovechkin is a sniper on the wing. There both the best player in the world (if that made any sense), there both equal. Just because Crosby doesnt jump in the air and kill his teammates when they score doesnt mean he doesnt care.

If you were in his position in game 2, Im sure you'd want to get back into the game as soon as possible to catch the Caps off guard.

Seriously, Id love to see some of the people on here play in Crosbys skates and take a whack to the gut, an elbow to the head etc. and see what you guys say. Some people on here whine like babies because a thread was posted twice or someones concept was lack luster...oh boy, it would be fun to see you switch places with Crosby.

Ovechkin = Crosby ... Crosby = Ovechkin

Good to see that someone sees it my way. Thats what ive been saying about them for a long time now.

oBIgzrL.png

Gosh...I'm torn. I don't quite like Vancouver at the moment, but it feels so good to watch Chicago get lit up as well.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Oh my. Here's something I never thought I'd say in my life:

The Red Wings just got screwed.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

That was bad, it even looked like the puck was in the net before the whistle blew, but it couldn't be reviewed.

saBS.png

Agreed. That was quite a bad move on the refs' part.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Yes, that was a horrible call on the ref's part. That puck was clearly in the back of the net. This crap about the ref was in the process of blowing the whistle would be like a puck that was in the process of going in the back of the net when the horn sounded to end a game and letting the goal count. Look, either the ref blew the whistle or he didn't. Since when can you have a time machine call? That was clearly a goal and anyone who says it wasn't is completely ignorant.

If Crosby was at all complaining about the hats thrown on the ice, I have a suggestion for him. Score more goals than Ovie, and tell your friggin' over-rated goaltender to step up to the plate and stop a few pucks. Oh yeah, and if this was at home, would Crosby be whining about the hats on the ice from the Penguin fans for his hat trick? I think not. I have four words if he did say anything about the hats on the ice, "Shut up and play."

Why couldn't Hossa's goal be reviewed?

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Heads up to those who own and sell old Whalers jerseys, I'd suggest selling that stuff now while the market still exists for them. Their value is about to plummet faster than our current economy!! That is all I will say for now.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Heads up to those who own and sell old Whalers jerseys, I'd suggest selling that stuff now while the market still exists for them. Their value is about to plummet faster than our current economy!! That is all I will say for now.

:blink:

Well that's out of left field.

Cough once if the NHL has finally secured a deal to produce and sell new ones.

Cough twice if through some bizarrely insane and utterly Rube Goldbergian series of events Hartford is getting the Coyotes.

Today, we are all otaku.

Cough once if the NHL has finally secured a deal to produce and sell new ones.

Cough twice if through some bizarrely insane and utterly Rube Goldbergian series of events Hartford is getting the Coyotes.

Cough three times if the jerseys are going to be CCMs, or cough four times if it's going to follow the trend of recent Whalers merch, and be the $300+ Mitchell & Ness throwbacks.

Also, if you feel compelled to cough twice, please do so now. I don't think I can handle that kind of absolutely bonkers news while I'm at work.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Kunitz fined $2,500 for "cheap shot" hit on Varlamov

Nice Job Campbell!

[/sarcasm]

EDIT:

Boudreau on Kunitz

Boudreau was a little more diplomatic this morning when addressing Chris Kunitz's two-handed slash to the head/neck of goaltender Simeon Varlamov.

"It's the league's decision," Boudreau said. "But we're not going to lose sleep over it."

Kunitz was reportedly fined for the hit.

Kunitz Shows Remorse

"It looks bad on tape," the Penguin said of his hit on Varlamov. "It definitely does. It's not something I'm proud of. You don't want to do that. You don't ever want to injure someone. But it's something where I was going to the net, trying to make space. Unfortunately I hit him. It's something the league is going against right now -- hits to the head. I was fortunate [to not be suspended]."

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/capitalsi...-tape.html#more

Being a Ducks fan, i am very glad we won that game, but i def. would have liked it on more solid circumstances. It was a bad call and even i can admit that, this is already looking to be an awesome series and can't wait for game 4. Go Ducks!!!

Archived