NHL 2009 Super Special Playoff Edition Megathread

Lee.

Not that the rest of the boards care, but Canucks 2-Blues 1.

My local FSN affiliate showed the Pacers instead. <_<

I hope the Blues can take Game 2.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not that the rest of the boards care, but Canucks 2-Blues 1.

My local FSN affiliate showed the Pacers instead. <_<

I hope the Blues can take Game 2.

The game was on Versus. I watched it here in Ohio.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I was pleasantly surprised with how the Pens fared against the Flyers last night. I thought it was going to be close, but the pens outplayed them very well.

Lets do it again Friday, and get the 2-0 lead going into Philly.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

Blues played nervous for too much of the game. And they failed in the area that the have the advantage in and need to exploit, special teams.

But with the jitters out of their system, I think they can get a split on friday.

They gotta solve Luongo, first. And quite honestly, the guy's in his zone, so that's easier said than done.

There could be a split in St Louis, but I don't quite see the Blues winning game 2. It all comes down to goaltending, and although to take absolutely nothing away from Mason, Luongo's better, and bigger. The bitchinest beard in sporting history won't help Mason spread himself out across the entire net.

/opinion

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Havlat tied the game up late in the third for the Hawks, then scored again 12 seconds into overtime for the Hawks first lead of the game. It's nice to be back in the playoffs.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Havlat tied the game up late in the third for the Hawks, then scored again 12 seconds into overtime for the Hawks first lead of the game. It's nice to be back in the playoffs.

I thought it was a great game that went back and forth... it didn't take Martin Havlat any time at all to give the Hawks the win in OT. If you blinked you would have missed it. Go Hawks!!!

I thought it was a great game that went back and forth... it didn't take Martin Havlat any time at all to give the Hawks the win in OT. If you blinked you would have missed it. Go Hawks!!!

Haha, I was in the middle of a sentence, when they scored: "What if the Hawks just win it rig---"

1-0 HAWKS!!!

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

That was an amazing first game in Chicago. I have this hunch that the Hawks are going to be playing well into May at least.

Edit/update #1: It took them long enough, but the Ducks finally scored the first goal of the series with the Sharks, five minutes into the 3rd.

Edit/update #2: Getzlaf makes it 2-0 Ducks with two minutes left, and the President's Trophy winners are suddenly behind the 8-ball this series.

CCSLC signature.png

2-0 Ducks ... Yes!

With the Stars out I am more cheering against teams then for them.

And one time I am totally cheering against is the Sharks.

Let's Go Ducks (ew I can't believe I am saying that)

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Wow, wow, wow one team with no goals...the Sharks. Its frustrating watching other teams like the Wings and Pens just take care of business while we just lay more eggs left and right

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Sharks will go down in flames or should I say feathers :P

It is just Game 1 ...

I could care less if the Sharks win or lose. Not a fan. Knowing their history I wouldn't be sursprised if they go out in the first round.

Actually they haven't lost in the first round since 2001. Unfortunately it looks like it can happen again. Here's a fact: The Sharks tied for the 2nd least amount of even strength goals after the all star break. After winning a war against the Ducks a week and a half ago, the Sharks played like s**t the last 3 games. The teams: Colorado, Phoenix, and LA! They barely beat the Avs in a shootout, then PHX flat out kicked their butt in SJ, then lost in LA.

BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

It is just Game 1 ...

I could care less if the Sharks win or lose. Not a fan. Knowing their history I wouldn't be sursprised if they go out in the first round.

Actually they haven't lost in the first round since 2001. Unfortunately it looks like it can happen again. Here's a fact: The Sharks tied for the 2nd least amount of even strength goals after the all star break. After winning a war against the Ducks a week and a half ago, the Sharks played like s**t the last 3 games. The teams: Colorado, Phoenix, and LA! They barely beat the Avs in a shootout, then PHX flat out kicked their butt in SJ, then lost in LA.

The Team is Mr. October and Mrs. April

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

It is just Game 1 ...

The Team is Mr. October and Mrs. April

Sad, but probably true

Now we have to win at least 4 of 6 against a team that won the cup 2 years ago, Yikes

BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

Archived