Yankees Primary Upgrade

kewp80

Ok, so first off let me say that I know baseball purists and Yankee fans alike will probably not like it, but try and look past all the tradition and let me know what you think based on design and identity purposes.

yankees_primary.png

I've always been pretty bothered by how the Yanks' primary had so much red, yet when you think of Yankees you think the classic Midnight Blue and White. So here's what I did to "fix" that.

- Changed the Yankees script, bat, and surrounding circle to Midnight Blue to try and uniform the logo to the rest of the team's identity.

- Streamlined the bat and laces on the ball to lessen the "dated" look.

- Took out the stars in the Uncle Sam hat and added the iconic NY logo.

It's a small change yes, but I feel it's a nice update that keeps the Yankees tradition alive, yet also brings the teams identity full circle.

So is it blasphemy? A nice update? Throw that C&C at me!

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

nope, i don't see any problem with that. it keeps the tradition and gets rid of most of the red that is so unnecessary. how does it look if the seams on the ball are blue as well?

since i gave you advice for yours, could you give me some help on mine? it is slightly further down on the concepts board, titled "need some help on KC alt logo." beware, it is a VERY raw logo.

ccslcsig2.pngccslcsig3.pngupdate.gifccslcsig1.pngccslcsig4.png

"That ball has a hit in it, so I want it to get back in the ball bag and goof around with the other balls in there. Maybe it'll learn some sense and come out as a pop-up next time," Mark "The Bird" Fidrych

I like this idea. I don't think JDayton94's suggestion of changing the red seams to blue would work because it would interfere with the Yankees script across the logo. But another idea, is maybe keeping a couple stars on the hat as well as the interlocking NY. Maybe just throw one star on either side of it, and it would be perfect.

believew.jpg

I think it's great. Love the addition of the NY.

That logo is far from untouchable, as it never gets on the field. The only things untouchable are the home jersey and the cap.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I think it looks wonderful. The only thing I think you need to work on is making the seams look more realistic.

Yeah, the laces were the last thing I did and I can definitely say that I rushed that. It was like midnight by that point and wanted to get it done with. I'll bring out some updated versions with better laces and one with some stars in the hat tomorrow.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Considering that the logo sees most duty on the navy jackets, I think making it navy might be a mistake - it won't pop as much as the red does.

I'm also not sold on the hat. Maybe overlay the logo rather than alter Uncle Sam's classic look? And just as an aside, if you're going to include a NY logo in the primary it should be either the jersey logo or the cap logo, not the print version.

I do love the simplified stitches, though. That's a huge weakness in the current logo, and you've done a marvelous job there.

This is honestly the best way that they could update that logo. One thing that always irked me was that the Yankees have never WORN red, yet there's more red in their logo than any other color, and not a trace of the navy that pretty much anybody identifies the Yankees with. This concept fixed that, excellent job.

• 2 weeks later...

This is somewhat pedestrian. I would really like to see something that will make the socalled purists :censored:. I dont see anything new here that would merit an organization to change their stationary.

The two logos in MLB that need a change: Yankees and Dodgers.

Archived