Milwaukee Brewers re-design

Gothamite

um what. wait no ball and glove? icon5.gif

the ball in glove is all knowing and all powerful. :D

ok i'm messing with you. i really like this concept though. The bottle cap logo is pretty neat. plus beer barrel man is always a plus. I've always had a soft spot for that logo.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol i never thought of that station. remember the ads with the fat guy dancing without his shirt on? yeah, you need to fire that marketing company

:boogie:

ccslcsig2.pngccslcsig3.pngupdate.gifccslcsig1.pngccslcsig4.png

"That ball has a hit in it, so I want it to get back in the ball bag and goof around with the other balls in there. Maybe it'll learn some sense and come out as a pop-up next time," Mark "The Bird" Fidrych

Gothamite:

Truly innovative concept. Great ideas and execution.

I actually like the bottle-cap M. I wonder if you can't somehow make the accent lines within the bottlecap look like baseball stitches, giving it a sort of dual symbolism. Just a thought.

Not a bad idea- I'll play with it.

My original idea was to have the M set over a baseball pattern on the round top of the bottlecap, but it was way too busy. Looked like crap unless it was at 400% - it would look lousy in embroidery.

But I'll give it another look, maybe there's another way to incorporate baseball stitching.

I've never liked the Brewers re-design, but then again I wasn't terribly impressed with the ball and glove logo when I first saw it in 1978.

So what's a Brewer fan to do? Concept time!

3447743304_28e0efb550_o.png3447743322_44fba3c546_o.png

First, this is amazing quality work. Barrel Man is cool.

As for C&C: I get the front piping, but I can't say I like the over-the-shoulder piping, by the Brewers, the '80s Phillies, the '86 Mets, the '80s Astros, etc. It always looks to me as though the player forgot to take the coathanger off before he put on his jersey.

At least on the home jersey, you could get away with a gold number outlined in the blue. I don't usually like cream either, but this cream certainly is appropriate. The home script is fantastic; I can live with or without the road, but a Milwaukee script in the same font would look good.

I also think (WARNING: Philistine Alert!) that, uh, I don't like the blue. Yes, I realize every Milwaukee baseball team has had navy or royal blue (symbolic of, I suppose, the color you become when you swim in Lake Michigan), but, you know, one does not drink blue beer. I would change that to black* (note: in place of, NOT IN ADDITION TO, the blue) or really, really, really, really, really dark brown, in keeping with dark beer. (Which then becomes the third-jersey option based on the homes.)

That also suggests a different shade than the blue/gray I see on my monitor for the roads. (Dare I suggest gray-tan?)

Regardless of my C&C, this is really high-quality work.

* Why black? In addition to looking more like dark beer, black is slimming. (See Fielder, Prince.) Had the Brewers gone to black in '78, Gorman Thomas and Pete Vuckovich wouldn't have looked so much as though they regularly imbibed Milwaukee's signature product.

Packers-2.png

I just noticed something-is the home jersey supposed to look off-white? Or is it just me?

Read much?

I've moved the home uniform to a light cream to reflect Milwaukee's nickname as The Cream City, as well as the various historical baseball teams known as the "Creams" and "Cream Citys". Not a huge fan of cream uniforms, but I like the historical nod in this case.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I just noticed something-is the home jersey supposed to look off-white? Or is it just me?

Read much?

I've moved the home uniform to a light cream to reflect Milwaukee's nickname as The Cream City, as well as the various historical baseball teams known as the "Creams" and "Cream Citys". Not a huge fan of cream uniforms, but I like the historical nod in this case.

Wow. I guess I completely missed that three days ago. I apoligize.

Again, this is a fantastic concept. I love the huge connection to beer/the city. I feel as though what the crew has now is just barely about the barley. My personal favorite Brewers look is the very German look they had some time ago, with the green. I wouldn't mind seeing the green make a comeback, I'm not sure if it would work along side the blue or in place of it. The green connects to Wisconsin's favorite team, though not baseball, and to Miller Park itself (a very green stadium). I'd like to see you try green, and if not update the 'Milwaukee' script to match the 'Brewers'.

I thought I would hate this concept but...I really, really like it. Love it! I wish the bottlecap cap logo had a bit of white in it, but other than that, great work.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Well, it has a white border around the M, but I get your point. As I said above, my original idea was to have the round "top" of the bottlecap in white with a baseball pattern, but it was too busy and I ended up minimizing the white altogether.

For those not terribly interested in the bottlecap, I'm working up an alt cap logo with the M from the roadmark. Maybe with the barley, maybe not.

And thanks again for the comments, everybody.

Well done, overall. Two things though: 1) Would a team that plays in Miller Park want the Leinie's script on their jerseys? Probably not. Don't get me wrong, it looks good, but it directly conflicts with the team's beer sponsor. 2) The road script doesn't fit the scheme at all. You've done a wonderful job tying the other elements to some type of logic, but then this road script comes out of left field. I would suggest using a block font that matches the M on the cap.

That's my two cents?

oh, and SABMiller owns Leinie's....i don't think it'll be a big problem... :)

Maybe not, but I still think the wordmark of the Milwaukee Brewers should represent the flagship beer of Milwaukee, Miller. (If you are going the brewery route.) Still, the home script is far superior to the road script which has no place in this scheme, and is seriously holding the entire design back.

Archived