Milwaukee Brewers re-design

Gothamite

A friend of mine joked a long time ago that the Brewers should emphasize the beer making connotation to their logo. They could have big balloon letters that are gold on the bottom and have a big foam head on top. Very kid friendly.

I like the cream for the home in the concept, but I don't like the bottlecap M and the mismatched fonts. Pick one.

Everyone loves a roundel.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Goth, the only thing about this that doesn't sit well with me is the disparity bewteen home scripts and away scripts.

Other than that, this concept is an absolute WIN.

Naw, buck what you heard...this is an EPIC win. (Yeah, how's THAT for a switch?) First of all, the ball-in-glovw was great in its ingeniuty, but the Barrel man is the way to go. Look...there's absolutely NOTHING fierce or intimidating about the game of baseball to me (unless you're staring at Randy Johnson or john Smotz in their primes), and really, doesn't baseball have a history of "fun" logos like this? It's more light-hearted, and I actually like that. Far too often too many teams/marketing firms/designers lose sight of the "fun" aspect of sports design in the name of FIERCE and INTIMIDATING, and baseball is supposed to be the "funnest sport" of all, right? What I'm saying is that the imagery fits. And that bottlecap cap logo (okay that was redundant) is an absolute stroke of genius.

I heard once before that Milwaukee's nickname was the "Cream City", so the off-white home sets work beautifully in that aspect. And, unlike some, I love that shoulder piping. Seriously, more teams should look at going that route. It was in vogue in the '80s, and as things are circular even in the design world, I think it's time for something like that to make a comeback. This would be the perfect place to start. (Might I add that it also adds a certain "Negro League-ish" look to the whole thing? That, of course, is a plus with me.)

The numbers are okay, but not bad by any stretch. The radially arched nameplate, again, is a WIN. And oh by the way, that Brewers script is absolutely gorgeous.

So, if I had to assign a grade, you'd get a big fat "A", homeboy.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

A friend of mine joked a long time ago that the Brewers should emphasize the beer making connotation to their logo. They could have big balloon letters that are gold on the bottom and have a big foam head on top. Very kid friendly.

I like the cream for the home in the concept, but I don't like the bottlecap M and the mismatched fonts. Pick one.

*points to your sig*

Yeah, I understand that some people like the home and road script to be of the same font, but given baseball's æsthetic history, it doesn't bother me.

Only recently has one single font across all uniforms been considered desirable.

The Brewers also have a history of using that block "M" regardless of their primary logo - 13 years after the Ball and Glove made its first appearance, the onfield jackets still had this patch on the sleeve. It wasn't until 1992, right before the BnG was itself scrapped, that the Crew updated that logo, replacing the M with a BnG.

This is one of my favorite concepts in a while. VERY nice.

usajohnson.gif

98% of people claim to have "brought sexy back." Well, I'm the 2% that never left.

Hometown Heroes

Dallas Stars- Brenden Morrow // Marty Turco // Loui Erikkson

Dallas Mavericks- Dirk Nowitzki // Jason Kidd // Jason Terry

Dallas Cowboys- Terrell Owens // DeMarcus Ware // Terence Newman // Felix Jones

Texas Rangers- Ian Kinsler // Elvis Andrus // Marlon Byrd

It's one thing if you think the block M is too simple, then use a modified block font. The M you are using now, and the whole Milwaukee wordmark you have is crippling your design. It looks like a movie theatre got lost in a brewery. I commend all the other work you've done on this, but in your update, you took the concept's (by far) largest flaw and put it center-stage. Not just because it's so out of of place stylistically, but the Milwaukee wordmark is hurting the concept because it competes with the Brewers wordmark for attention. I'm not saying the home and road have to be the same script, but the theatre script is killing your brewery theme. I don't know how many more ways I can say it for you to understand, but it is by far the single most detrimental part of this concept.

(Love the rest of the concept though.)

i like the idea of that curvy M, but i prefer the block M you had before. the block M is a nod to the milwaukee braves, pre-ballinglove Brewers, and 90s Brewers. dont change it for the new M you just posted

ccslcsig2.pngccslcsig3.pngupdate.gifccslcsig1.pngccslcsig4.png

"That ball has a hit in it, so I want it to get back in the ball bag and goof around with the other balls in there. Maybe it'll learn some sense and come out as a pop-up next time," Mark "The Bird" Fidrych

It's one thing if you think the block M is too simple, then use a modified block font. The M you are using now, and the whole Milwaukee wordmark you have is crippling your design. It looks like a movie theatre got lost in a brewery. I commend all the other work you've done on this, but in your update, you took the concept's (by far) largest flaw and put it center-stage. Not just because it's so out of of place stylistically, but the Milwaukee wordmark is hurting the concept because it competes with the Brewers wordmark for attention. I'm not saying the home and road have to be the same script, but the theatre script is killing your brewery theme. I don't know how many more ways I can say it for you to understand, but it is by far the single most detrimental part of this concept.

(Love the rest of the concept though.)

That's cool. I understand what you're saying.

I don't share your view, but please believe that I do understand it.

I didn't dislike the block-M, but this looks good too. I like the M with the wheat underneath it the best. I still don't get the tilda thing for the last E. I think if you make it a normal E it would do a lot to fix the "competition" between the two scripts.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Love the home uniform. A great 50s feel to it. The road uniform doesn't look right with such a modern font. I think it would look much better in the cursive font.

I like the bottle cap logo, but not as a primary cap logo. Someone mentioned BP cap and that would be perfect. I think a cursive M or B would be better.

Archived