Padres and Pirates

Candyc0ded

Ugh, no. No, no, no.

Mind you, these aren't as mind-searingly horrible as most of their other sets, but they're still not good. I think they've got a terrific look currently, especially the roads.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who cares if lots of teams wear navy? There's a reason people don't wear brown with yellow.

I like "mind-searingly" as an adverb for things that are bad.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

They look nice...but I am still uncomfortable with brown and yellow together for a baseball team. At leaast they did a good job with these.

Funny. My high school used those exact colors.

Mine too. We occasionally used old gold too, looks sharp.

Who cares if lots of teams wear navy? There's a reason people don't wear brown with yellow.

I like "mind-searingly" as an adverb for things that are bad.

Who cares if lots of team wear navy? Man You NEED some more color in your monchromatic LIFE!! There are other colors besides just black and navy!

Yet more proof that the Pads need to move back to brown. Those look terrific. Ever since they moved to navy years ago, they've had nothing unique looking about them, IMO. I don't want to hear about the khaki roads--they're still a team wearing navy all the time.

Ugh, no. No, no, no.

Mind you, these aren't as mind-searingly horrible as most of their other sets, but they're still not good. I think they've got a terrific look currently, especially the roads.

Yeah, a terrific look... they wear navy... so unique :rolleyes:

uniqueness is not required to achieve a terrific look

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Ugh, no. No, no, no.

Yeah, a terrific look... they wear navy... so unique :rolleyes:

uniqueness is not required to achieve a terrific look

I wouldn't characterize the Padres current uniforms as either "unique" or "terrific".

Call me crazy, but I think the Padres have a pretty good look consistantly.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Hasn't it occurred to you guys that baseball teams wear a lot of navy blue because civilians wear a lot of navy blue? It's a really easy color to wear out in public. Never really goes out of style. A navy blue Padres cap can complement pretty much anything else you choose to wear that day, whereas a brown and yellow Padres cap has the potential to look really garish with a lot of other outfits. That's not necessarily a defense of navy blue's ubiquity around the leagues, but in the case of the Padres, it makes a lot of sense from a merchandising standpoint. Look at the alternate road uniforms. Navy blue hats and shirts with khaki pants. They're essentially dressed like normal dudes. Not ideal for the baseball diamond, but it shows how easy it is to wear navy blue.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I might be on the minority on this, but I think the Padres are one of the few teams that should keep navy. I like the navy/tan color scheme and the tan jerseys look great.

But.... I love the brown and yellow look too! I'm torn on which is better look for the Padres.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Amazing to see in real life. I've been calling for this look for YEARS! Yes some are adverse to brown but come on, brown and Friars go hand in hand. The Padres should quit listening to rigged focus groups that falsely claim people want navy and sand, and go back to these. They'd immediately shoot to the top 10 in MLB sales AND have a well designed look. Can't beat that.

Those uniforms look really, really good. I say that because it's actually kind of shocking to my eyes to see a baseball uniform with a unique combination of two colors like that, that make the uniform look good. I'd be all for them to switch back to brown and yellow. Brown is in use by only one major sports franchise: the Cleveland Browns. Surprising, considering brown is a relatively common color.

Archived