Padres and Pirates

Candyc0ded

The Padres are wearing throwbacks tonight. They look extremely similar in design as the Pirates' actual uniforms. THe announcers were thinking the Pads should keep them instead of their actual uniforms. I like them. I think it's their 1969 throwbacks. Everybody, let me know what you think.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Padres are wearing throwbacks tonight. They look extremely similar in design as the Pirates' actual uniforms. THe announcers were thinking the Pads should keep them instead of their actual uniforms. I like them. I think it's their 1969 throwbacks. Everybody, let me know what you think.

[/quote

Yes the Padres should go back to the Brown and Gold colors!!!

Never seen those before. Those are actually incredibly sharp. Wouldn't be retro for the sake of retro, it would actually be reverting to a really great look.

I'd be all for it.

I'd be interested to see them keep the light blue from their current look though, and mix it with the brown. And then perhaps find a medium between the yellow and a flat tannish gold.

They look nice...but I am still uncomfortable with brown and yellow together for a baseball team. At leaast they did a good job with these.

Funny. My high school used those exact colors.

VmWIn6B.png

They look nice...but I am still uncomfortable with brown and yellow together for a baseball team. At leaast they did a good job with these.

Funny. My high school used those exact colors.

Same here - but the baseball uniforms didn't look as good as that....That's a nice look - but the new ones are pretty decent as well. Didn't realize that this throwback was in cream as well....

I think it's a terrible idea for the Padres to switch back. They remind me of the old Astros unis, which were also terrible.

glossysig5.png

the padres should definately be brown.

it's a crime for them not to be. they pull it off well, and it's my favorite color.

No way!

I thought I was the only one that had brown as a favorite color haha.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

padres.jpg

Awesome.Helmets Too.

padresnelmet.jpg

These are awesome sets and I would love to see them change to this set. It was not totally historically correct, namely the number font and the fact they did not have nameplates back in 1969. If they changed the numbering to a more traditional font these would look fantastic!

Archived