2009 NFL Redesign

Brave-Bird 08

Alright. I started an MLB series a few weeks ago...but everyone has been doing MLB series, and being a newcomer, mine just did not fly with the rest of them. So, I figured I would get ahead of the pack and start an NFL series instead! I will admit my sense for football uniforms is much higher than my sense for baseball uniforms.

I'm getting ready to go out, but in the past hour I threw together this rough logo sheet. So far my biggest changes are back to that awesome script from the 90's, and the addition of a bronze-ish accent color. I threw together a few helmet designs...and so far I do not quite know which direction to go in, but for now I could use some feedback on which helmet looks best...and/or if the current numbers should be kept or ditched. Dont worry the uniforms and logo sheets will be up by tonight...I just ran out of time

clipboard.png

Good to see something new being done here at last. When I read "bronze accent color" I didn't think it would look good, but I have to say that I really like that, it's a nice touch. I also agree with your decision to go back to the old script, I think it fits the current logo better. As for the helmets, I like the red far better than the current black. I say use the red helmet without the stripes and a black facemask. This is a good start, you get approval from a Falcons fan. I'm interested to see how the jerseys come out.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Wow, great work so far. I love the wordmark and the new accent color. Definitely go with the red helmet. I would keep the numbers, the are fairly unique and interesting, but I would recommend dropping the silly 3-D/ drop shadow style they currently have. I will definitely be following this. Good work

:: Sorry, my brother was on a few minutes ago and I accidently posted under his profile!! That would be mine not his! ^_^ ::

Anyways... I just put woops where that post was...logged off of my bros account...got back on mine...posting here.

Haha, if you did not already read my details here they are.

The sleeve presentation on the side view is a tad off because the template shows the sleeve alot higher and tighter. Intentionally, I envisioned the wing design to kind of stop before the curve...instead of curving around and meeting at the center of the sleeve. The numerals have bronze inlines to them now. Also, I had trouble finding a good looking pants design but I went with this one. Tell me if yall like it! Just for reference the middle box is the helmet pattern.

HomeUniform1.png

RoadUniform1.png

I dont know if I will do alternates yet. I am waiting for feedback on the design itself. So far one comment was a negative. But, that is why I made 4 diff helmets and 3 templates. I will let this design get a few more hits and then decide if I want to redo or go on.

Ehhh, I don't know if I like this one. I see what you were going for with the wing design on the sleeves, but it just didn't turn out too well. Also, I don't like the bronze being used inside the wings. I think it should be used like silver is now for Atlanta, just an accent color. For the jerseys, I say go in a different direction than the wing design, it just isn't working for me.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Sorry, not feeling the uniforms. The sleeves just looked unfinished, like the wings don't belong there and were just slapped on, especially on the home. There's just no fluency (if thats a word). I'm neutral on the addition of gold/bronze. But the jerseys just look way too plain. Wings look too girly/flimsy, if you know what I mean.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Ok. Tough crowd for my first post, but I'll take it. The concept I just posted was actually done second. My first design from earlier today was a mix of modern elements and past elements of the Falcons uniform. However, I was a tad concerned about posting a uniform with basic older style striping and no "flair".

So, When I had two people prefer the solid red helmet over the striped red helmet, I figured I would go for a more progressive look. So far my progressive look has failed...so...

I went back, spent some time on my initial design, and decided it is post worthy. Once again my fears of using an older style template exist here, but I figured with the strange modern design the Falcons have and my rejected modern design... using this template cannot hurt me. The older elements of the uniform are of course the helmet and pants piping. Newer elements include the number font...with a touch of the gold... and gold around the logo. I took CAB's advice and made sure gold was only a tiny touch. Of course the sock style is more modern...as opposed to the old crazy stripes the Falcons have had on their socks during the years. The pants are white...b/c I thought matte grey or silver would conflict with the gold. I kept the collar design b/c it gives the jersey a modern feel...and with modern cut in mind I kept stripes off the sleeve and just placed a logo there.

So, in result, here is a "MODERNIZED-THROWBACK" design for the Falcons.

HomeUniform2-1.png

HomeUniform4.png

RoadUniform2.png

RoadUniform3.png

Details:

Logo- obviously the logo released in 2003, however outlined in gold. So update--2009

Helmet- the helmet is an ode to the original Falcons helmet of 1966. the difference is the black facemask and the new logo.

Helmet stripe- same idea as the original Falcons helmet

Jersey- obviously a modern template, so the old sleeve stripes would not do. the collar has a unique team logo insert at the foot of the neck.

Numerals- these numerals are the same as the ones released in 2003, however with a touch of gold.

Pants- the pants design had been on the Falcons pants for years...and the newer pants have not received the best feedback, so why not bring them back. However, Atlanta never used gold on their pants in 1966...so this is an unseen look. Another modern touch is the logo on the front of the leg.

Socks- I went with modern socks to keep away from the throwback touch.

So there is the home and away primary uniforms. If you guys like I will throw in an extra pair of pants and another jersey.

I've always preferred the Falcons in red over black.

So these ones work in that way for me.

The reds are classic, without being bland--but the all whites are a bit bland.

I don't mind all whites for unis--but they tread a fine line between bland and busy.

The first set may look better with a triple stripe on the sleeves--bringing in black as a middle stripe ike the pants.

The second set needs more on the pants.

But over all they work for me.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Personal problem, but the red helmets don't work for me here, and I think it's because of the red in the logo itself. While it is the same shade, since it's surrounded by so much black in the logo, it tricks you into thinking it's a darker red than it actually is. That makes it look like there's two shades of red in play, even if there aren't. At least, to me it does.

I kinda like the wing thing. But maybe have them start at the collar point. I think the Barn Stormers of the AFL used to have something similar. And I also like the gold/bronze. I liked the idea of the colors being both GT and UGA, now it is just UGA. The Falcons are one of those teams I think you can have fun with as they are not one of the "untouchables".

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

First off, I LOVE the addition of bronze. I think it really makes the logo set look better and is even a nice nod to the past. However, I'm really not feeling the uniforms. The first ones you posted were rather bland, though creative with the wings. You're second set just screamed "Tampa Bay Buccaneers". Perhaps work with their current set and add some subtle bronze to reflect the amount you added into the logo? I think something along those lines will work. You didn't make a huge change on the current logo (though it is a great change), so why make a huge change on their current uniforms?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

It may just be me, but are you trying to make the Falcons the NFL version of the Georgia Bulldogs?

No. It just so happens to be that if you try to incorporate older elements of their uniform it would seem somewhat similar b/c the Falcons loosely based their uniforms (esp. 70's and 80's on that look).

Oh...that and minus the different helmet and pants stripes, the white pants, the red pants...the gold...the red away numbers as opposed to UGA's black away numbers...so there you go

Atlanta Falcons: Final Version

Third concepts will be the last I will do for each team (hopefully I wont be doing more than one for each in the future).

I took Brass97's advice and decided to stick with a similar style to what the Falcons have now. The difference is a sleeker design. I dont know if yall noticed...but some of my friends and I agree that the sleeve design Atlanta has is just way too...blehh. I decided to twist and turn the look a little bit to give it a slashier feel to it (wow im making up words). I also wanted to get rid of the dumb side panels. I used the solid red helmet from my original concept, kept the gold even though I got mixed reviews with it, and used white pants for all three.

HomeUniform3.png

HomeUniform5.png

RoadUniform4.png

Overall, I think this design was my best attempt to combine classicness and modernization. The design is modernized...however the red/red/white...red/black/white...and red/white/white are looks that existed from 1966-1989. Hope this one gets good reviews b/c I am moving on to the Baltimore Ravens!

Archived