2010 Olympic Hockey

MattMilone

Your jerseys for Russia need some blue. The first thing I thought of, especially with that eagle, was that they were for Poland.

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

USA:

Id add white stripes to the blue jersey on both sides of the red stripe, like you have the blue stripes on the white jersey. Maybe stars on the shoulder (ala 1980)? I'm not a huge fan of the crest. Not that its a bad crest, its good, I just think USA hockey always should have "USA" on the front in some way. Whether it be the old fashioned block letters or new stylized stuff. Almost similar to how a Sweden jersey needs the three crowns, a USA jersey needs "USA" on the front, IMO.

Otherwise, near perfect.

Russia:

Add in some blue. With the pure white/red and eagle, it does look Polish. The design is pretty unique. Im not sure id like how it would translate on the ice. When I think Russian hockey, I think simple clean patterns. Maybe some diamonds, like back in the red army days? Except colored blue and with the full eagle crest?

Sweden:

Not much you really can do with Sweden. This is a good set.

oBIgzrL.png

I love the USA logo, but it seems kind of Europe-ish. It seems like a shield that most European nations put on their flag, and I don't think it would work for a North American hockey team. It would be a sweet soccer logo though. I like the Russia jerseys, and Sweden's are hard to update, but they still look pretty good.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

I really like what you did with the collar putting the olympics rings in it.

It would not work for all IIHF events obviously, but it still looks cool.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

I quite like the simplicity of all of these. The USA set is pretty good, with a couple of picky things. First, I'd lose the shoulder yoke piping. Its thinness clashes with the nice thick stripes elsewhere (basically, it doesn't match the rest of the jersey). Also, I would do my own modified eagle, because using that particular eagle makes it look like a presidential seal, not a hockey crest.

I admire the out-of-the-box design on the Russia set, but again I've got a few small picks. As others mentioned, the Russia needs blue to make it Russian. Probably just blue outlines on the white sections and numbers, but it needs blue somewhere. Also, I don't think using half of the eagle would fly. What makes that image distinctly Russian is that it's a two-headed eagle. So losing one of the heads sort of removes the meaning.

No complaints on the Sweden set. Good job.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

USA: Personally, I like the crest, but as others have mentioned, I think a "USA" would go a long way. I don't know if the 9 stars on the top part of the crest mean anything, but if not, that might be a good place to extend the blue upward a bit and put "USA" there.

Russia: I personally love this set, and wouldn't change a thing. To those critics who claim there needs to be blue, take a look at what they wore in Beijing.

Sweden: No complaints.

Really great stuff so far, as a sucker for all things Olympics, I'm looking forward to the rest.

• 1 month later...
Russia: I personally love this set, and wouldn't change a thing. To those critics who claim there needs to be blue, take a look at what they wore in Beijing.

I love how there's that one black guy who's completely out of place on Russia's team. Anyway, I actually think the Russia concept is pretty good. With the way you've done the design there's not much you should do in terms of colors. I personally don't think adding blue would make it look any better. If you change up the crest it could look cool with blue, though

sig2_by_sergeiofrussia.png

I like the eagle crest on the USA jersey better than the "USA", because, while I don't wear jerseys around (at least not now, but I did when I was a kid), I wouldn't wear anything that just proclaimed "USA!" on it, but I'd prefer something a little more subtle, something that showed that I support the team, and am not just wearing the jersey as a jingoistic-attempt to show that I love the USA. Hope that made sense.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

How about making the crest a little smaller and putting it under the "U S A'. You could have the best of both worlds.

I agree...you need some blue on the ruskies sweater, but I like the big bold front.

I'm not sure about the yellow shoulders on the Swedes. Maybe go without.

Good stuff!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived