Portland Timbers

Dave Ship

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only thing I'd add is red to the rose on the crest. It doesn't have to be anywhere else on the uniform.

Also since brown is the dominate color, might I suggest UPS as the sponsor? :D

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

This looks really nice, I like the "earthy" colors in this set and it works surprisingly well on a soccer jersey. Good job.

BTW, d00a00v00e00o- just edit your original post instead of making an entire new one. It's really not necessary.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Mmph.....I'm not a fan of the color scheme, considering the historical value of the team, and location of the adidas logos on the shorts. I've always personified the Timbers with yellow and green, but the overall presentation is great-looking.

Updated #3 is much better than the others, no need to add red just for the rose. My only gripe would have to be unifying the wordmarks to have the same typeface.

Portland should not be in a different typeface than timbers. The third wordmark on the collar seems a bit unnecessary, that's 3 different typefaces in one brand.

The axe is definitely appropriate, but what about some trees somewhere, whether in a secondary or worked into the primary?

I like this a lot. One thing I must say though is that the positioning of the rose looks awkward to me and it shouldn't be on top of the axe, but maybe on the handle so you focus more on the axe head rather than the rose.

lrg_6444e0b331f54e979d389637de158186.jpg

Updated #3 is much better than the others, no need to add red just for the rose. My only gripe would have to be unifying the wordmarks to have the same typeface.

Portland should not be in a different typeface than timbers. The third wordmark on the collar seems a bit unnecessary, that's 3 different typefaces in one brand.

The axe is definitely appropriate, but what about some trees somewhere, whether in a secondary or worked into the primary?

Yeah, you read my mind AAO: I thought about a pine or something like that. I think it would work well as secondary, though.

I agree with you about that the same typeface would be better. About the third wordmark, well, I was just following the recent trend here in Europe to to write a phrase or the name of the club (inside or outside the collar) in a different typeface.

AWESOME design!

Only thing I'd change is one of the two primary colors...the combo looks a little Philadelphia Union-y. Then again, since the two play 2856 miles apart...

bYhYmxh.png

You clearly are figuring out the color side of this brand, so I will stay out of that since I am a bit color blind. I like the idea behind the crest, but think the rose looks out of place. I could live with it though, because like most on these boards I understand what it means. A lot of average people wouldn't though, IMO. The only things that really bother me are the text on the crest, and the detached half soccer ball on the top. I don't like the different treatments of the words in the crest, or the use of Birch Std. I think you can do much better. The soccer ball just doesn't need to be there and look awkward to me. Also, the axe looks a little...slim, fancy, weak, shiny, effeminate...needless to say the rose isn't helping with that at all. I'd just lose all the highlights and make the handle thicker, but maybe making it appear more jagged and used could work as well. IDK, just ideas. I like the idea behind it though.

You clearly are figuring out the color side of this brand, so I will stay out of that since I am a bit color blind. I like the idea behind the crest, but think the rose looks out of place. I could live with it though, because like most on these boards I understand what it means. A lot of average people wouldn't though, IMO. The only things that really bother me are the text on the crest, and the detached half soccer ball on the top. I don't like the different treatments of the words in the crest, or the use of Birch Std. I think you can do much better. The soccer ball just doesn't need to be there and look awkward to me. Also, the axe looks a little...slim, fancy, weak, shiny, effeminate...needless to say the rose isn't helping with that at all. I'd just lose all the highlights and make the handle thicker, but maybe making it appear more jagged and used could work as well. IDK, just ideas. I like the idea behind it though.

I c-o-m-p-l-e-t-e-l-y agree in every single aspect of your comment, really. But the axe, well, my intention was to mantain a link with the old look of the club, that's why I didn't touch that much the old axe logo.

P.S. Thank you for spending a lot of time on my concepts, I really appreciate it. I understand them like a demonstration of huge regard. Thanks again.

timbersred3n.jpg

I may be in the a very small minority but I loved the original set to the point where I thought maybe just a bit more white in the jerseys (number outlines or some of the piping) would be enough to make it perfect lol. Love how unique the colours looked, and thought maybe yellow instead of green if people feel there needs to be a shining colour in the set.

The one thing that really bugs me is the font used on the back of the collar. Not sure what you were going for there. Also, would love to see a green home kit and a gold away kit, going for tradition and all.

Gosh, say please at least.

(I start to hate this place, no really.) Inner thought are not forbidden from Ginevra conference, correct!?

The one thing that really bugs me is the font used on the back of the collar. Not sure what you were going for there. Also, would love to see a green home kit and a gold away kit, going for tradition and all.

Gosh, say please at least.

(I start to hate this place, no really.) Inner thought are not forbidden from Ginevra conference, correct!?

Cool your jets, haus. I gave you a little critique and I mentioned something that I think may lend to a better design. Don't get all bent out of shape over a suggestion. Haha it's not like I said change it to green, DAMMIT!!!

Archived