Hockey Canada 2010 Jersey Update

wesdog82

Finally got to see the 2010 jersey today. The jersey pattern is the same as the current Team Canada jersey. The logo on the front is the same leaf outlined in gold minus the skating hockey player. The left arm includes the Canadian Olympic Committee logo (the Hockey Canada logo is on the opposite arm but only on the replica jerseys) The logo is filled with a pattern that represents images of Canada. Included in the logo: stars for all of the Canadian mens/womens/paralympic hockey medals, aboriginal designs, a set of hockey sticks.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Finally got to see the 2010 jersey today. The jersey pattern is the same as the current Team Canada jersey. The logo on the front is the same leaf outlined in gold minus the skating hockey player. The left arm includes the Canadian Olympic Committee logo (the Hockey Canada logo is on the opposite arm but only on the replica jerseys) The logo is filled with a pattern that represents images of Canada. Included in the logo: stars for all of the Canadian mens/womens/paralympic hockey medals, aboriginal designs, a set of hockey sticks.

That sounds terrible but I'll reserve judgment until i see an actual pic. So when do we see the new USA logo.....or was this just something that Hockey Canada had to change?

zzPEfBm.png

That sounds terrible but I'll reserve judgment until i see an actual pic. So when do we see the new USA logo.....or was this just something that Hockey Canada had to change?

I believe the USA will have to change as well since the USA script also serves as USA Hockey's Federation logo.

I believe the USA will have to change as well since the USA script also serves as USA Hockey's Federation logo.

It's part of it, but not the whole thing:

usa%20hockey%20logo%201.gif

I wonder that too, but I think it's because it's still a part of Hockey Canada's official logo package.

As is the stylized USA (sans the word hockey underneath) logo. If our alternate maple leaf logos couldn't pass the test, I can't understand how the primary USA logo is still allowed to stand as is. I'm basing this on the earlier comment that they've been allowed to keep it as is.

zzPEfBm.png

This whole thing is silly but whatever IOC...

If the USA has to change, just make it like the 1980 Olympic jerseys. A bold U S A on the chest and stars on the shoulders. Bam. Simplified, unlogofied Olympic hockey jersey.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Sounds horribly cluttered. What was wrong with the Canada Cup inspired alts from the World Juniors?

Also, I know it's part of the whole Vancouver 2010 thing, but this overuse of Aboriginal symbolism is wearing a bit thin for me.

So basically, the skating player is replaced with a white silhouette of something else. I hope that pattern is as simplified as possible. The description that you have given makes me picture it as a clutterfest, which I hope is not the case. It also feels odd to have a Team Canada jersey with stars. Now it may look like a USA jersey. I'm concerned.

Sounds horribly cluttered. What was wrong with the Canada Cup inspired alts from the World Juniors?

They've been sold. Time to sell something new.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The leaf is a brighter red with the logos embossed in a darker red. It doesn't look that bad. They will be released August 18th I believe.

If that's the case, ok, whatever. At least make something worth buying though.

Included in the logo: stars for all of the Canadian mens/womens/paralympic hockey medals, aboriginal designs, a set of hockey sticks.

I dont like the fact that Stars are included, considering how much Stars are used to represent the USA.

Aboriginal designs ... come on! Get over it, when was the last time there was even an aboriginal on the team? Yes I see why they do it because they were the first ones in Canada but it really wears me out how everything has to have something that represents them.

However I will just leave all my comments until I see the jersey.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

What gets me about the Aboriginal/native design trend is that it only represents a portion of Canada. It's about as "national" a design element as the trillium or the fleurs-de-lis.

And the stars? I'm not ready to say "they'll look like Team USA" yet, as there are a couple of different ways to design stars. I just think they'll look cluttered.

I would have just replaced the hockey player with two crossed hockey sticks and called it a day. Everything else seems unnecessary.

• 1 month later...

Archived