New Royal Crown Cola packaging?

Coast2CoastAM2006

New labeling?

RCcola.png

Old label for comparison:

royal-crown-cola.jpg

I don't know if its new labeling or some faux-vintage thing going on right now but it did catch my eye when i went to walmart and got a soda. I also noticed they had vintage looking Betty Crocker brownie mix and cracker jacks boxes. so i'm not sure if this a faux-vintage thing or not.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Didn't even know RC still made soda. When I was a tike, it was a major player in the industry (or at least seemed like it to me.) IIRC, they had the "new" RC in red, inside a white circle, on a blue label. Looked pretty classy. This new one (and the one it replaces) make it look like cheap store brand cola. The use of the old RC is good, just not the red directly on blue with only a thin white outline.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

What I remember from my youth...

url.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I've always associated RC cola with the 50¢ machine in front of KMart and not a real soda. The redesign (if it is a redesign) looks very nice, more upscale, and something I could actually take seriously.

RC is actually quite good, even if it is considered a "lower rate" soda these days. I believe back in the day it was quite popular.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

I've always associated RC cola with the 50¢ machine in front of KMart and not a real soda. The redesign (if it is a redesign) looks very nice, more upscale, and something I could actually take seriously.

RC is actually quite good, even if it is considered a "lower rate" soda these days. I believe back in the day it was quite popular.

When i'm tired of Coke and Pepsi, i like to get RC.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I haven't had an RC in...I don't even know how long, so I honestly don't remember how it tastes. Maybe I'll have to swing by K-Mart on my way home tonight!. My friend in college used to love it, and often mixed it Crown Royal, called it an RCR, Royal Crown Royal.

I haven't had an RC in...I don't even know how long, so I honestly don't remember how it tastes. Maybe I'll have to swing by K-Mart on my way home tonight!. My friend in college used to love it, and often mixed it Crown Royal, called it an RCR, Royal Crown Royal.

i got mine at a walmart. Haven't been to a k-mart in years.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

RC cola's website appears to still have the current logo for it. (sweet, the old style is not nearly as good). RC Cola = delicious, fyi

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Agreed. It is on the cheaper side, but just as good as Coke...and definitely better than Pepsi. However, only drink diet soda (tastes better to me) and don't think I have ever seen a Diet RC?

i got mine at a walmart. Haven't been to a k-mart in years.

Look at who produced or bottled it. There are two licencees which can produce it. If it was the Dr. Pepper/Snapple Group then it is (or should) be exclusive to US sales. It it was bottled by Cott Beverages, then it was for int'l distribution and this could have different packaging.

Agreed. It is on the cheaper side, but just as good as Coke...and definitely better than Pepsi. However, only drink diet soda (tastes better to me) and don't think I have ever seen a Diet RC?

When I was reading this I was reminded of Diet Rite, which I thought was under the RC Cola brand, and after looking it up, I found I was correct.

Here's Diet RC. I never knew there was such a thing as Diet RC, I just thought there was regular RC Cola and then their diet version was called Diet Rite, but apparently they're two different sodas.

At one time RC actually competed with Coke and Pepsi, they even had big celebrity endorsers and was the official softdrink at Shea Stadium during the 1986 Season, complete with Ron Darling doing a commercial at the time

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

What I love about RC after visiting the site is the Royal Crown Draft. I love the logo and just the idea of a draft and premium cola.

Me too. As soon as I saw the logo and read the description, I was hooked. Must... Buy... Draft...

Sigs are for sissies.

Man, I used to love getting a RC from the vending machine. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find it as often anymore (plus I don't drink as much cola as I used to) so I haven't had it in awhile. The new logo is alright, but a bit cumbersome (at least w/ the actual "Royal Crown Cola" script under the crown factored in). The older one preceding that will always have some nostalgic quality for me though.

That may be the new label. I just happened to be over at Jayski's and saw that Mike Wallace will be driving the #0 RC Cola car in the Nationwide race in Daytona on Friday night. Here's a pic of the car:

0-rc-daytona.jpg

Honestly...I don't think the update is that bad. In fact...I rather like it.

Sometimes, the "cheap" stuff is actually better than the more popular name brands. (And anyone who's used Awesome! cleaner from Family Dollar can attest to this.)

But I ain't had an RC since I was at least, what, 8 or 9...so I have no clue how it tastes. But I've never been a big soda guy, anyway. The cheapie soda of my day was Scramble...if anyone remembers that. 25 cents a can...

...Man I miss them days...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived