oregon unveiling new uniforms tomorrow?

ONUV

Heat is an issue at Oregon?

away games at UCLA, Stanford and Arizona this season, and two more years of warm-weather away games (including Arizona State, USC, and Tennessee tentatively next year).

Oregon plays at UCLA in October. They play at Stanford and Arizona in November. Try again.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
-unis made of "25% lighter material". Great! Now the players will be faster than the competition who still has those other heavy jerseys!

i think it's more about being cooler temperature wise and maybe more flexible/agile.

any relief is welcomed when you have all that equipment on and slightly warm temperatures.

Anybody else going to miss the White/White/Yellow combo?

that by far was my favorite set.

I'm going to miss yellow, period.

I'm so pissed that they would add steel and take away yellow. If you're going to :censored: up and add some color that has nothing to do with us, at least keep the yellow.

-unis made of "25% lighter material". Great! Now the players will be faster than the competition who still has those other heavy jerseys!

i think it's more about being cooler temperature wise and maybe more flexible/agile.

any relief is welcomed when you have all that equipment on and slightly warm temperatures.

Is this from personal experience or from Mr. Knight?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Especially that placebo-style relief.

That's the best kind.

that all green uni would look sic if the wings were yellow rather than steel.

i also liked the "oregon" down the side of the pants on the previous set. wish those pants had some wording or logo on them

Another pic showcasing entire set.

PHP4A42704C6D612.jpg

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

The green on the new jerseys looks dulled down to me compared to the diamond plated ones.

060916_dennis_dixon_hmed_6p.h2.jpg

I agree.

Looks a lot less saturated. Almost gray.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

You're right - the material looks dulled-down to me, especially when contrasted with the high-sheen worn in the NFL and by other Pac-10 teams:

inmc1101015171024x7680lw7fm.jpg

That Oregon photo was taken in the sun, and aside from the wings and reflective numbers there's almost no light bounce at all off that fabric.

Another pic showcasing entire set.

PHP4A42704C6D612.jpg

That white jersey with the steel number makes absolutely NO sense.

Hell, the steel numbers are atrocious. If they took that out and added a better font, these would actually look ok.

You're right - the material looks dulled-down to me, especially when contrasted with the high-sheen worn in the NFL and by other Pac-10 teams:

inmc1101015171024x7680lw7fm.jpg

That Oregon photo was taken in the sun, and aside from the wings and reflective numbers there's almost no light bounce at all off that fabric.

Oregon definitely went with more of a matte-finish. But I don't think the material is much different than in previous seasons (except for the lighter fabric).

I think it's just a totally different color green, more neutral/gray.

OU-Oregon20onside20kick20092206.jpg

(For comparison.)

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Shamelessly stolen from Uni Watch, there is some precedent for adding black to the Ducks' color scheme:

afroducktrack-2.cropshrunk_.jpg

afroduckbball.cropshrunk_.jpg

Where is the "That's racist" thing tajmccall has (had?) as an avatar? :blink:

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived