2009 NCAA Football Thread

BJBerthiaume

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I play College Pick 'Em every week on ESPN.com, and just wanted to point out here that I picked 3 noticeable upsets this week:

1. Mississippi State over Auburn

2. South Carolina over Georgia

3. Fresno State over Wisconsin.

I also have Notre Dame beating Michigan, although it was a toss up for me, and USC beating Ohio State 27-10. I just think the Pac 10 is a little better than the Big Ten and USC is much better than any Big Ten team, as we saw last year in the Rose Bowl.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

Speaking of pick ems, I'm in a college survivor contest. I pick one of 34 teams to win. The team wins, I win. The team loses, I'm out. Once I pick the team, I can't pick them again all year.

I've narrowed it down to two choices this week: Arizona and California. Do I go with Arizona to beat N. Arizona and get rid of my weak picks asap, or do I go with a sure lock with Cal. over Eastern Washington?

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

Speaking of pick ems, I'm in a college survivor contest. I pick one of 34 teams to win. The team wins, I win. The team loses, I'm out. Once I pick the team, I can't pick them again all year.

I've narrowed it down to two choices this week: Arizona and California. Do I go with Arizona to beat N. Arizona and get rid of my weak picks asap, or do I go with a sure lock with Cal. over Eastern Washington?

Worry about next week when you get there.

Worry about next week when you get there.

I ended up going with Arizona. Probably the only time in my life I'll root for them to win.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

Wow Toledo is demolishing Colorado. 30-3, but the buffs are about to score.

So Dan Hawkins = ?

Fired

Very Fired

Gary Barnett Fired

THIS IS DIVISION I FOOTBALL, NOT INTRAMURALS! Fired

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I forgot to add "Nepotism is restricted to the coaching staff" Fired

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

NAU Is going to kill Zona... I saw their Special Teams film and they have so many seams, a seamstress couldnt sew it up :P

I'm just quoting this for posterity.

Oh...and Toledo just cracked 50 on Colorado. 10 wins aren't looking really good right now.

Today, we are all otaku.

I bet you one virtual cookie NAU will win

Heeeeeee's a lumberjack and he's OK...

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

ohio st. - usc game today as you all well know . i like ohio st. , yes i know they never show up for the big one , but i dont see how a true freshman can go into the horseshoe and win one .

Also can't see how an unproven offense can hold off USC. I really have no faith in Pryor and I think the USC defense will be too much for Ohio State to hold them off. My prediction 45-13 USC

Archived