2009 NCAA Football Thread

BJBerthiaume

Central Michigan upsets Michigan State 29-27 with a field goal with 8 seconds to go!

Had State not jumped offside on the first kick they would have won the game.

Right when Sparty has the nation think they can take the next step up...the deliver that.

Also, Fresno St. will now mail in their season and go 7-5.

Uggh, I'm finally gonna say it. I think it's about time to move Boise State to the MWC, they're WAY too good for a second rate conference like the WAC.

Probably trade them for San Diego State. Then again, why not trade San Diego State AND Wyoming to the MWC for Boise State and Fresno State?

Well they both are the former WAC members and TV markets probably still hold. SDSU gets you SAN/LAX while Laramie gets you...well nothing but possibly Denver (which CSU gets you). So some were brought in "just 'cause" or academics (meaning doctoral degrees they offer).

Also, Matt Millen is excellent on college football. His years as a poor NFL GM has assisted him. For realz, he is good.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Count me in the camp of Boise State & Fresno State just moving to the MWC and making that a BCS conference. I mean, there'd be no reason for them not to be. They'd have as good of a high-end as any conference in the land with the aforementioned schools and other perennial top-25ers such as Utah, BYU, TCU

The upset alert horn is sounding in Stillwater, OK. Houston 45 - 35 #6 Oklahoma state with 3:14 left in the game.

Count me in the camp of Boise State & Fresno State just moving to the MWC and making that a BCS conference. I mean, there'd be no reason for them not to be. They'd have as good of a high-end as any conference in the land with the aforementioned schools and other perennial top-25ers such as Utah, BYU, TCU

The upset alert horn is sounding in Stillwater, OK. Houston 45 - 35 #6 Oklahoma state with 3:14 left in the game.

Maybe if you add Boise State and Fresno State, you find a twelfth team so you can play a title game?

Upset alarm sounding again in Ann Arbor, Notre Dame has taken the lead 34-31 on Michigan.

LvZYtbZ.png

I hope you all enjoy the ending of the Oklahoma State-Houston game, because FSN switched from it to the MSU-Auburn PREGAME show. As much as I love to see Mississippi State actually play on TV...you don't switch from a close game that late in the game!

Tate Forcier is the MAN!!!

Okay Will, I know your thing is to make people think you are crazy, but an 18th ranked team beating an unranked one would not be an upset. In fact, I think it was a pretty even matchup. The spread was something like 3 points, with ND favored.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Exactly, you have the lead on the road, and you are doing a good job running the ball keep running it and kill the clock. Michigan scored with 11 seconds left. That decision lost the game for the Irish.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Tate Forcier is the MAN!!!

Okay Will, I know your thing is to make people think you are crazy, but an 18th ranked team beating an unranked one would not be an upset. In fact, I think it was a pretty even matchup. The spread was something like 3 points, with ND favored.

But did Notre Dame deserve to be ranked in the first place? Not with their lack of talent or lack of a tough schedule.

LvZYtbZ.png

Charlies Weis may want to start talking to a Realtor.

Weis no. Dan Hawkins, yes. We can talk about others after tonight or week 3. We are still on week 2 and Colorado is 0-2 to two non BSC schools. Plus, I mentioned Al Groh earlier, on your east coast. Will TCU "win" the ACC?

That was a nice game, but far from 'spammy' would call a classic. I had the UH/Okie St game on too. Poor, poor T Boone.

So what the hell happened to the clock at the end? ND should have had a second or two left to run another play.

Hopefully this will finally be the end for Chuck. "Almost" isn't good enough anymore. They shot themselves in the foot way too many times. And can anyone tell me why Sam Young is still starting? He's terrible.

spacer.png

The Dolphins are beating the Seminoles 9-7 at the half.

Wait, what?

First off, it's Jacksonville State (which is in Alabama), not Jacksonville U. (The one in Florida). This score has the makings of seeing Florida State having a hangover from it's epic clash with Miami of Florida on Labor Day.

Now, I'm watching the Air Force-Minnesota game on the Big Ten Network (Which brings up this point: Why does the Big Ten have a network? Doesn't a conference need to be good in something to have it's own network?) and I can think of two things:

1.) TCF Bank Stadium looks nice. I'm shocked they haven't built an on campus stadium before.

2.) Minnesota in their gold jerseys looks bad... It's like Goldy the Golden Gopher decided to take a piss on the white jerseys and let them sit for days before someone noticed.

So what the hell happened to the clock at the end? ND should have had a second or two left to run another play.

Hopefully this will finally be the end for Chuck. "Almost" isn't good enough anymore. They shot themselves in the foot way too many times. And can anyone tell me why Sam Young is still starting? He's terrible.

And Ryan Leaf should have had one more play 10 years ago. The ready for play acumen is more of emphasis now than ever. If ND was in a conference with a crew of officials, they may have gotten one more play.

On the kickoff, the ND returner touched the ball as it was going past and out of the endzone... hence why 2 seconds were taken off the clock. As soon as he touched it the clock started. The stadium clock never changed back to 11 seconds; I have no idea why ABC changed theirs back.

Notre Dame got screwed. That is all...

(pouts in corner, hugging my little stuffed leprechaun)

Umm, how did they get screwed exactly?

Archived