New York Titans...err Jets

Snowcap30

I tried to see if this was reported here but couldnt find anything sooo..

Jets just showed off a White version of the New York Titans uniform.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/image_assets/ga....jpg?1251407091

http://www.newyorkjets.com/image_assets/ga....jpg?1251407108

JetsTtnsWhtJrsyBnner09.jpg

I for one think these uniforms are sexy.

From their website - "These are the Titans road unis ? white jerseys and gold pants with navy and gold trim. They are set to make their game debuts for Game 7 at Oakland on Oct. 25 and for Game 8 against the Dolphins at the Meadowlands on Nov. 1.

The Titan whities, being introduced this season to honor the 50th anniversary of the American Football League with the eight AFL teams? original uniforms, will be premiered in the Jets Fest area of the parking lot. Seven current Jets starters are scheduled to appear in conjunction with the unveiling."

untitled-1.png

I know the whole deal is to honor the original AFL teams, but I really wish the Jets would wear the uniforms from their first year as the Jets:

First_logo_Jets_Gallery.jpg

Kinda a love it or hate it logo. I for one think the plane is pretty cool.

They also need to bring back the "Classic 80s" Jets.

70389454.png

I wonder if the Cowboys will break out a white throwback when they go to KC to play the "Texans."

Too bad...one more nice design ruined by the stupid half shoulder stripe. That just looks ridiculous.

Maybe the Saints picked up those pants in a surplus store somewhere...

Auto107.jpg

:D

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I know the whole deal is to honor the original AFL teams, but I really wish the Jets would wear the uniforms from their first year as the Jets:

No, they really don't. They made the right move when they went to their current look.

On topic, The "Titans of New York" look is not bad at all. It's not groundbreaking or anything but it is a very solid look.

BB52Big.jpg

It probably would've been easier to accept if they had not already been showing these things off for the previous 2 or 3 seasons. But considering 1) they are no longer called the Titans, @) another team in the league is, and #) we've already seen it many times over the years, it just doesn't have the same punch. I have to agree, it might be the 50th for the AFL, but in a way the New York Titans have long since been dead and buried. I think the Jets might have been better off trotting out their original Jets uniform complete with lighter kelly green and actual jet plane logo. Sure it wasn't around 50 years ago, but it's close enough and has continuity with their current identity.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

It probably would've been easier to accept if they had not already been showing these things off for the previous 2 or 3 seasons. But considering 1) they are no longer called the Titans, @) another team in the league is, and #) we've already seen it many times over the years, it just doesn't have the same punch. I have to agree, it might be the 50th for the AFL, but in a way the New York Titans have long since been dead and buried. I think the Jets might have been better off trotting out their original Jets uniform complete with lighter kelly green and actual jet plane logo. Sure it wasn't around 50 years ago, but it's close enough and has continuity with their current identity.

Point #4: The Titans blew chow. The Jets won a Super Bowl.

Packers-2.png

I wonder if the Cowboys will break out a white throwback when they go to KC to play the "Texans."

Too bad...one more nice design ruined by the stupid half shoulder stripe. That just looks ridiculous.

Auto107.jpg

Whoa, look at #78's Pants.

I was hoping to see those original Jets uniforms. That logo is awesome. The ones from the 80s can stay put away.

I guess I will just always look back on the 80s Jets and still like them, as that is the Jets uniform I grew up with.

But yeah, the old plane logo from their first season needs to make a comeback. They use it on merchandise...but I was bummed when Madden didn't include it again this year. I know it was a one year only thing, but a lot of people like it.

70389454.png

Auto107.jpg

Whoa, look at #78's Pants.

As if the Saints didn't have enough problems with uniform consistency.... ouch

rams3_zps8ezugnuj.jpg

My vote is a very heterosexual "sexy." I really like the blue and gold combo regardless of who uses those colors or the name. That said, I still really miss the kelly green jets... and Ken O'Brien laying on his back...

Oh, and just my two cents, but:

"T-I-T-A-N-S, Titans! Titans! Titans!" sucks as a chant. ;)

Archived