Boise State-Oregon

mmejia

As if Oregon playing on blue turf wasn't enough to grab you attention:

FB-Colors-Splash-copy.jpg

Boise State Color Plan

2009 FOOTBALL FAN COLOR SCHEMES: Game day color schemes for the seven home football games will feature the use of blue, orange and white, including a twist with all three in the season opener. The following are the colors Bronco fans are encouraged to wear at each game.

Oregon - As the feature game nationally for the Collegiate Licensing Company's (CLC) opening weekend of the College Colors Day Kick-off promotion, Boise State is asking for a Bronco Colors Kick-off. Alternating sections of Blue-White-Orange throughout the stadium, will highlight the Bronco colors to a nationally televised audience. Following is a list of color matches for each stadium section.

Blue: Sections 7, 10, 24, 27, 30, 101, 104, 107, 110, 124, 127, 130

White: Sections 5, 8, 11, 25, 28, 102, 105, 108, 111, 125, 128, South End Zone

Orange: Sections 6, 9, 23, 26, 29, 103, 106, 109, 123, 126, 129, North End Zone, Student Section

Miami (OH) - Just Wear White. Fans encouraged to wear white to this game.

UC Davis - Decade of Dominance. As part of Homecoming and the honoring of the 1999 Big West Conference and Humanitarian Bowl Championship team, which kicked off the Decade of Dominance from 1999-2008, Boise State is asking fans to wear their favorite championship t-shirt, hat or sweatshirt from the past 10 years. Decade of Dominance themed shirts will also be available for the game.

San Jose State - Halloween Orange Out. All fans asked to wear the color that links Halloween and the Broncos, orange.

Idaho - Bleed Blue Saturday. A Blue Out around "The Blue" for the in-state rivalry game. Specially created "Bleed Blue" football motto shirts and sweatshirts will be available for the Idaho game.

Nevada - ESPN Alternating Color Sections. The odd numbered sections of the stadium are asked to wear orange, even numbered sections blue. North end zone in blue, South end zone in orange and Student section in orange.

New Mexico State - Orange Pride Senior Day. Fans asked to wear orange for the regular season finale and honoring of the senior class of 2009.

boise state is fun. lol. i enjoy them.

I agree. I actually think "color" outs in general are neat and definitely add to the experience both live and on TV. I know some teams have gotten carried away and it doesn't make sense for teams without black in their scheme to do blackouts; but those examples aside, I generally enjoy this gimmick. Examples of this magnitude that come to mind are A&M's "red, white, and blue" out after 9/11 and I seem to remember Florida doing something similar for basketball games years back.

S_ramwallpaper.jpg

maybe its the nerd in me but damn I am really putting together every single combo together and putting it in paint...my head hurts too much and i swear these guys will be the nuts to use the carbon helmet with the yellow jersey with the black or steel pants and then use the white socks....

Its gonna be a pain in the ass to keep track of this one...

I agree. I actually think "color" outs in general are neat and definitely add to the experience both live and on TV. I know some teams have gotten carried away and it doesn't make sense for teams without black in their scheme to do blackouts; but those examples aside, I generally enjoy this gimmick. Examples of this magnitude that come to mind are A&M's "red, white, and blue" out after 9/11 and I seem to remember Florida doing something similar for basketball games years back.

S_ramwallpaper.jpg

I went to that game (end-zone white section). It was awesome

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Call me old-fashioned, but when I attend sporting events, I like to dress however I damn well please. Am I supposed to be proud of myself for wearing a matching shirt? Proud of others? Proud of ourselves?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Call me old-fashioned, but when I attend sporting events, I like to dress however I damn well please. Am I supposed to be proud of myself for wearing a matching shirt? Proud of others? Proud of ourselves?

Awesome sentiment. The "Wear (Insert Color Here)" gimmick was interesting the first 5 million times it's been done. I always wear the opposite of what's requested just because these gimmicks are the ultimate in herd mentality. If they're gonna give me a shirt at my seat, then I might wear it, or if I'm a member of the team, I might follow the request. Otherwise, it's pretty dumb.

Here's how it turned out. Not bad, actually.

90334153.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921CC759DF4EBAC47D07656D0492FBD3C48DAF62179FC37EBFCF1CDCE5F64618849

To me, as is the case with most of these gimmicks, it just looks like a lot of empty seats.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Isn't being a fan of a sports team pretty deeply involved in "herd mentality" in the first place?

Yeah, in this case, it's a cheesy gimmick. But in general, when I go to a game of a team of which I'm a fan, I generally wear the colors of that team, or something with the logo on, or some such thing. To me, that's what you do when you go to a game; it's part and parcel in supporting the team in some way. Is it logical? Dude, there's nothing about supporting a team in which you have no true personal stake.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

S_ramwallpaper.jpg

I went to that game (end-zone white section). It was awesome

I was there as well (top of the third deck). My freshman year at A&M, and I think that's still the best game I've ever been to there.

Tell me this, why don?t more college universities make their fields their primary color, just like Boise State has with their blue field? I was thinking last night how awesome it would look to have Utes (Rice-Eccles Stadium) with a dark red field.

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

Tell me this, why don?t more college universities make their fields their primary color, just like Boise State has with their blue field? I was thinking last night how awesome it would look to have Utes (Rice-Eccles Stadium) with a dark red field.

If memory serves me, the NCAA has prohibited non-green fields. Boise State was grandfathered in.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Isn't being a fan of a sports team pretty deeply involved in "herd mentality" in the first place?

Yeah, in this case, it's a cheesy gimmick. But in general, when I go to a game of a team of which I'm a fan, I generally wear the colors of that team, or something with the logo on, or some such thing. To me, that's what you do when you go to a game; it's part and parcel in supporting the team in some way. Is it logical? Dude, there's nothing about supporting a team in which you have no true personal stake.

Admittedly, I don't go to a lot of games. I'm cheap. But when I go, I try not to go all-out superfan, or coordinate any sort of matching colors or painted chests or whatever. I get up for big plays, but keep a low profile otherwise. It's part of being an awkward loser.

As for the inherent herd mentality of sports fandom, it exists, but you can mitigate it to some extent if you want to and have to. Many of the fans of my favorite teams happen to be among the stupidest and most reprehensible fans in sports. Some are fratboy douchebags, some are middle-aged racists. I hope I can like teams without following the herds, because these sheep are baaaad.

Back to color-coordination: the only one that really truly works is the whiteout, and it has to be accompanied by some serious crowd noise. Any solid color just looks like, as Vetty said, empty seats. This principle guided the old North Stars, as I recall: the seats were randomly colored in green, gold, black, and white so as to hide empty seats at the Met Center.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Well, tonight I'll be at a game where I'll be wearing a replica jersey and a scarf (and if I hadn't misplaced it in Mexico City, a team logo cap), and will be standing the whole game amongst people with drums, trumpets, cowbells, and other noise-making devices. The idea of being that kind of sheep doesn't weird me out, I suppose.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived