2010 MLB New Logos, Uniforms, Patches

Brian E

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4074783217_6b04d87413_o.jpg

This is a huge mistake for the Twins. The Twins have a simple and unique-in-MLB visual identity: pinstripes, red lettering, dark blue caps. Screwing with any element of that is a mistake on its face, especially since the franchise has been defined by the all-navy cap for most of the last 110 years. Screwing with the uniform identity such that the Twins wind up with a cap that closely resembles the distinctive caps worn by division rival Cleveland compounds the mistake. Especially since blue crown, red bill is pretty much the one variation the Twins have never previously tried.

(Though considered outside of the context of the Twins uniform identity, that's a very attractive cap. As soon as Cleveland drops the color red from its color scheme, this may be what the Twins ought to wear home and road.)

Love that KC cap, though. But I kind of wish it does go away quickly, because it breaks KC's color scheme, and because that exact cap -- well, with the correct shade of blue on the bill -- is what the Rays need to wear full time, and they're not likely to do so while the Royals are wearing an essentially identical cap.

I agree about the Twins. This looks like what could be a throwback Indians cap if they took the route of the Angels and became the Toledo Indians of Cleveland.

87Redskins.png

4074783217_6b04d87413_o.jpg

This looks like what could be a throwback Indians cap if they took the route of the Angels and became the Toledo Indians of Cleveland.

Since the Indians have previously worn a wishbone C on their caps, this would serve as a Cleveland Tribe alt cap.

20082614447.png

I've never been as impatient about a uniform unveiling than I am with these new Twins uniforms. Dave St. Peter said they'd be unveiled the week of the 9th. They've got one more day in the work week, yet no indication there's an announcement forthcoming.

I care mostly because my wife is nagging for a Christmas wish list and I'm holding out to see what these new uniforms look like. :rolleyes:

I've never been as impatient about a uniform unveiling than I am with these new Twins uniforms. Dave St. Peter said they'd be unveiled the week of the 9th. They've got one more day in the work week, yet no indication there's an announcement forthcoming.

I care mostly because my wife is nagging for a Christmas wish list and I'm holding out to see what these new uniforms look like. :rolleyes:

Me too. I might be able to get a nice Mauer authentic road for X-mas. I don't plan on replacing the regular home white if it's only the tweaked script that has changed.

Not sure on the cream alt if this is one, especially it's a 1 year deal. I did get a "Saturday Night Special" jersey with the promise I would keep wearing it beyond the 2009 season.

Anyone with updates?

From the Strib:

? The Twins are scheduled to unveil a new-look road uniform along with subtle changes to their home uniform Monday at IDS Crystal Court. The Twins have worn the same primary home and road uniforms since 1987.

So, I'm guessing the homes will just have the new wordmark, and roads new wordmark no pinstripes? I don't like the roads already.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

From the Strib:

? The Twins are scheduled to unveil a new-look road uniform along with subtle changes to their home uniform Monday at IDS Crystal Court. The Twins have worn the same primary home and road uniforms since 1987.

So, I'm guessing the homes will just have the new wordmark, and roads new wordmark no pinstripes? I don't like the roads already.

Wow I was just about to post this.

If the homes just have the tweaked wordmark, that's not enough to convince me to buy a new jersey. Still want to know what's in store for the road and alt(s).

I also love that Astros patch. Perfect mix of old and new, but too bad they couldn't have gotten any of the gold and navy era in their too, it was their best look after all! ^_^

But they missed a PERFECT chance to use something tying into the Colt .45's a few years back...but for 45 years as the 'Stros, I love it.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

November 13, 2009

TWINS TO UNVEIL NEW LOOKS FOR INAUGURAL SEASON AT TARGET FIELD

Join us as the Twins unveil their new uniforms for 2010.

You're invited to join the Twins at the IDS Crystal Court on Monday, November 16 at Noon to witness the unveiling of new uniforms and logos to be used throughout the Inaugural Season at Target Field.

Players Scott Baker and Denard Span will model new uniforms to be worn by Twins players on the Home Opener at Target Field and at all Saturday home games as well as a new road uniform. New team marks will also be shown for the first time. The Twins Inaugural Season collection will be available on twinsbaseball.com and Twins Pro Shops starting Monday, November 16.

Just received this email from the Twins:

###

Join us as the Twins unveil their new uniforms for 2010. You're invited to join the Twins at the IDS Crystal Court on Monday, November 16 at Noon to witness the unveiling of new uniforms and logos to be used throughout the Inaugural Season at Target Field.

Players Scott Baker and Denard Span will model new uniforms to be worn by Twins players on the Home Opener at Target Field and at all Saturday home games as well as a new road uniform. New team marks will also be shown for the first time. The Twins Inaugural Season collection will be available on twinsbaseball.com and Twins Pro Shops starting Monday, November 16.

###

So a new Saturday alt, which apparently will also be worn at the Home Opener, and a new road uniform. Not modeling a new regular home uniform.

I'm increasingly fearing a worst-case scenario: the Twins ditching road pinstripes and adding the red-billed road cap. Or in other words, Welcome to your 2010 Cleveland Indians.

20082614447.png

I also love that Astros patch. Perfect mix of old and new, but too bad they couldn't have gotten any of the gold and navy era in their too, it was their best look after all! ^_^

But they missed a PERFECT chance to use something tying into the Colt .45's a few years back...but for 45 years as the 'Stros, I love it.

Drayton McLane never met an anniversary he didn't like. In 3 years, they'll have the 50 Year Patch for the franchise. Maybe they'll incorporate more Colt-ness into it then.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Just received this email from the Twins:

###

Join us as the Twins unveil their new uniforms for 2010. You're invited to join the Twins at the IDS Crystal Court on Monday, November 16 at Noon to witness the unveiling of new uniforms and logos to be used throughout the Inaugural Season at Target Field.

###

So a new Saturday alt, which apparently will also be worn at the Home Opener, and a new road uniform. Not modeling a new regular home uniform.

I'm increasingly fearing a worst-case scenario: the Twins ditching road pinstripes and adding the red-billed road cap. Or in other words, Welcome to your 2010 Cleveland Indians.

Well from what I've heard, with them not modeling a new regular home uniform, is becuase their regular home uniform is only gonna be slightly tweaked from what they've had since 1987. So basically it's not gonna be changed that much.

I know the New Era site already had the new Twins road hats up, but I found these on MLB.com:

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3915820

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3915823

M hat as an alternate (also seen on New Era)

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3915821

Disappointing on all fronts.

Archived