NFL Power Rankings '09

Cujo

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are the Cardinals in the Top Ten? They don't play like they deserve the spot.

Why are you so negative about every team in Phoenix?

I'm not negative, I live in the valley. I'm more pessemistic about the teams.

As am I, but I have learned to take the good with the bad

Why are the Cardinals in the Top Ten? They don't play like they deserve the spot.

They're a division leader, have a winning record, and to be honest, can be downright scary when they have their A game.

(NR)10. Jaguars: Yes that's right you see the Jags have made it into the Top 10 and it's all because of MO-JO Drew.

I am still not sold on the Jaguars this year. A win over the Jets at the Meadowlands is as close to them winning a game they would be a bit surprised to win. Otherwise they have beaten teams they ought to have, and lost to teams they should. The Jags have the same record as teams like the Eagles, Falcons and Ravens, and in a head to head I would expect the Jags not to beat any of those teams.

Then again what do I know! :therock:

I thought about the Ravens but really the league is split into three sections Good-Mediocre-Bad and the league as it stands is very bottom heavy so I wouldn't expect the Jags to stick around to long. Then again who knows the NFL has been unpredictable at some points this season.

It's a matter of who can stay in the top the longest and most of the teams floating around the middle have shown to be very inconsistent and nobody seems to take the next step.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

They're a division leader, have a winning record, and to be honest, can be downright scary when they have their A game.

Agreed, agreed, and agreed!

In fact, I think the Red Birds the second best team in the NFC.

6uXNWAo.png

(NR)10. Jaguars: Yes that's right you see the Jags have made it into the Top 10 and it's all because of MO-JO Drew.

I am still not sold on the Jaguars this year. A win over the Jets at the Meadowlands is as close to them winning a game they would be a bit surprised to win. Otherwise they have beaten teams they ought to have, and lost to teams they should. The Jags have the same record as teams like the Eagles, Falcons and Ravens, and in a head to head I would expect the Jags not to beat any of those teams.

Then again what do I know! :therock:

I thought about the Ravens but really the league is split into three sections Good-Mediocre-Bad and the league as it stands is very bottom heavy so I wouldn't expect the Jags to stick around to long. Then again who knows the NFL has been unpredictable at some points this season.

It's a matter of who can stay in the top the longest and most of the teams floating around the middle have shown to be very inconsistent and nobody seems to take the next step.

To be fair, I can see the Jags ending up at around 10-6 this season. Looking at there schedule, they have had it pretty easy this season and continue to do so through to playing the Patriots followed by the Colts in weeks 15 and 16. However I don't see them making any impact post season. (Personally they would still be nearer the top than the bottom on my power rankings, even with a 10-6 record I think!)

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

That's why i try to go with numbers as much as possible. You list the Eagles as being able to beat the Jags, yet they lost to the Raiders. You need to base the rankings on what has happened, not what could happen in a hypethetical scenario...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

No way they are better than Minnesota.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

No way they are better than Minnesota.

We'll find out in a couple weeks who the better team is

nfl_sm.gifWEEK 11 FINAL

1 » Indianapolis Colts

2 » New Orleans Saints

3 » New England Patriots

4 » Arizona Cardinals

5 » Minnesota Vikings

6 » Cincinnati Bengals

7 » San Diego Chargers

8 » Dallas Cowboys

9 » Philadelphia Eagles

10 » Pittsburgh Steelers

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

28 » Detroit Lions

29 » Buffalo Bills

30 » St. Louis Rams

31 » Tampa Bay Buccaneers

32 » Cleveland Browns

6uXNWAo.png

Here come the Saintsfan rankings for this week

1 Indianapolis Colts

2 New Orleans Saints

3 New England Patriots

4 Minnesota Vikings

5 San Diego Chargers

bubbling under- Bengals, Cardinals, Eagles, Giants and Cowboys

Bottom 5

32 Cleveland Browns

31 St Louis Rams

30 Tampa Bay Buccaneers

29 Buffalo Bills

28 Detroit Lions

Staring over the precipice- Redskins, Panthers, Raiders, Chiefs and Seahawks

Notes- Bad loss for the Bengals drops them out of the top 5 again. San Diego win over a plummeting Broncos has them in the top 5. Bottom 5 is unchanged, and looking like they will be the 5 teams at the bottom throughout the season.

Interesting thought, its by no means impossible that the Titans could end the season in the top 10, whilst the Jets end the season in the bottom 10. Goes to show how you start the season is not the important thing.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

1. Colts

2. Saints

3. Vikings

4. Chargers

5. Bengals

6. Patriots - included just so the insufferable ones don't think I'm hatin'

28. Bills

29. Lions

30. Buccaneers

31. Rams

32. Browns

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

NEP's Week 12 NFL Power Rankings.

(1)1. Colts: They can thank Ed Reed's blunder for why they are still undefeated and no game the rest of the way is a ''Sure Victory'' They will fall and it could be this week against the needy Texans.

(2)2. Saints: After spotting the Bucs 7 points the Saints rolled the rest of the way and now they face one of their stiffest tests when they battle the Pats in front of a National audience.

(3)3. Vikings: Another record for Brett Favre and another victory for the Vikings, but the next three weeks will show how tough the Vikings are. (vs. Bears, @ Cardinals, vs. Bengals)

(5)4. Chargers: They finally have regained top spot in the AFC West and they can extend that lead because their next two opponents (Chiefs, Browns) aren't really elites.

(6)5. Patriots: Back in to the Top 5 this week and they did with the Defense that Belichick didn't believe in last week against the Colts.

(4)6. Bengals: Andre Caldwell's blunder cost the Bengals big time when they could have put more room between themselves and the Steelers.

(8)7. Cardinals: Kurt Warner got beat up and Matt Leinart had to try close the game out against the Rams and they spotted him 21 points to work with and it was just enough as the Rams shutout the Cards in the 2nd half and put up 13 of their own.

(10)8. Jaguars: Mike Sims-Walker is the next Jimmy Smith in Jaguar land.

(9)9. Cowboys: They stay at 9 because the offense is next to nothing and for Cowboy haters (me) it's that time of year where Tony Romo will start his downward spiral.

(7)10. Steelers: Big Ben got knocked the :censored: out and it really cost them against the Chiefs but even when he wasn't hurt the Steelers a better team then the Chiefs couldn't run a way with it something isn't right in the Steel City.

-----------------------------------------------------

11. Packers

12. Eagles

13. Giants

14. Dolphins

15. Titans

-----------------------------------------------------

(NR)29. Seahawks: Played the Vikings well in the first quarter so much for the Seahawk Renaissance.

(31)29. Lions: Put up 38 points albeit against the Browns but Matt Stafford did with practically one arm.

(29)30. Buccaneers: Josh Freeman got his first dose of an NFL ass kicking I don't think he liked it very much.

(30)31. Rams: Now they will be without Marc Bulger for 3-6 weeks, but I still give them at least a shot at the Seahawks.

(32)32. Browns: The Browns and the Lions put on what very well could be the game of the year in the NFL this season and look the Browns still come out on the short end after they lead 24-3 against the vaunted Lions offense.

Week 12 Big Games

Colts @ Texans

Bears @ Vikings

Cardinals @ Titans

Steelers @ Ravens

Patriots @ Saints

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

dconsmall.png Icecap79's dconsmall.png

2009/2010

nfl_sm.gif Power Rankings

<--Week 11/Week 12-->

1. New Orleans Saints