NFL Power Rankings '09

Cujo

NEP's Week 8 Power Rankings

(1)1. Saints: Against the Dolphins they had to fight back out scoring the Dolphins 36-10 in the 2nd half after being outscored 24-10 this team is scary good.

(4)2. Colts: Peyton is having one of his best seasons ever I bet he can't wait till Week 10 to get at the Pats.

(3)3. Broncos: Coming off the bye but they are coming off another angry team coming off the bye the Baltimore Ravens in Baltimore.

(7)4. Patriots: A well deserved bye for these guys after beating the Titans and the Bucs bye a combined score of 94-7 lets play some real teams soon.

(2)5. Vikings: Suffering their first loss of the year but you have to hand it to them they tried and it looks like All Day is getting more and more angry and comfortable oh and it's Brett's return to Lambeau this week.

(8)6. Steelers: Defense stepped up big for them when they needed it the most returning two Viking mistakes and turning them in to 14 points which was the difference in that game.

(9)7. Bengals: Yes the Bengals are better but good enough to destroy a Bears team with Jay Cutler by 35 points I guess the Bears are who we thought they were.

(5)8. Giants: Two straight bad performances out of Eli and it doesn't get any better with a trip to Philadelphia this week.

(10)9. Eagles: After coming off that disaster in Oakland the Eagles played a great game on Monday night but they lose B-West to a concussion.

(NR)10. Packers: Aaron Rodgers should be considered for MVP the way he's playing this season, Ryan Grant seems to have found his game back on the ground and if that O-Line can get better and healthy look out and now they get to deal with Brett's comeback to Green Bay.

--------------------------------------------------

11. Cowboys

12. Falcons

13. Texans

14. Jets

15. Chargers

--------------------------------------------------

(28)T28. Raiders: They are worse then the 28th spot but c'mon there are so many bad teams.

(29)T28. Lions: Biggest game of the year for the Lions don't be the team that broke the old streak to let the team with the new streak break it against you.

(30)29. Titans: Do they beat Jacksonville this week?

(31)30. Buccaneers: In a head to head I think they beat the Browns that is why they move up a spot.

(31)31. Browns: Horrible Football. That is all

(32)32. Rams: Is this the Week where they break the winless streak against a previous fodder of that criteria.

Week 8 Key Games.

Broncos @ Ravens

Giants @ Eagles

Vikings @ Packers

Falcons @ Saints

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody else on here notice that the Giants have lost 2 in a row and looked pretty bad in those 2 games and the Vikings lost to the Steelers. How are people ranking the Giants anywhere near the top 5 and the Vikings ahead of the Steelers?

The Giants have lost to the Saints, and the Cardinals, in other words the best team in the league at the moment and the team that lost the Superbowl last year. Not fantastic results, but as 2 defeats go thats not bad defeats.

Perasonally at the moment I don't get rating the Vikes that high. They've won a couple of close games, with Favre's clutchness. Again I don't think losing to the Superbowl champs is a bad result, and I would say the Vikes have had a slightly more consistent season that the Steelers to this point, but I think Pittsburgh are a team quietly approaching there best form.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I have a huge bias against the Giants, but they were not looking as good as many people say, even when they were winning. They have beaten one good team, the Cowboys (4-2). They have also beaten the Redskins (2-5) Bucs (0-7) Chiefs (1-6) and the Raiders (2-5). The Giants are not a bad team but they are not and never really were a top 5 team in the NFL this season. That can obviously change, but Jacobs has shown nothing this year compared to his usual numbers and they no longer have Ward They should still make the playoffs, and anything can happen, but they do not impress me at all.

saBS.png

From my point of view you have to take into account that the Giants were Superbowl champions 2 years ago. They have players who have been there and done it. Thats a factor. They may well fall down the ratings, but for the moment the team that this time last year were Superbowl champs, and are now at 5-2 have to be taken seriously. Top 5 to me at the moment is fair.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Anybody else on here notice that the Giants have lost 2 in a row and looked pretty bad in those 2 games and the Vikings lost to the Steelers. How are people ranking the Giants anywhere near the top 5 and the Vikings ahead of the Steelers?

My rankings aren't the AP Top 25, 1 loss is better then 2 losses and it wasn't like the Steelers dominated the game per say. As for the Giants the NFL is going through a time where there are a lot of mediocre to bad teams more so then good teams and they are 5-2.

Nobody said anything about the Top 25 AP rankings but the Steelers just beat the Vikings and yeah it was a close game but do you realize that Defense is part of the game and the Vikings were in the redzone 5 times and only scored on 1 of those trips. The Steelers are a better team than the Vikings period. The Giants being in the top 5 is even more of mystery to me. Yes they are 5-2 but like someone else just said they beat up on the sisters of the poor for the 1st 5 games and once they ran into any type of opposition they looked very ordinary. They are still a playoff team and are definitely the best team in the division but they are not a top 5 team IMO I don't care how you try and explain it.But I sure do enjoy the debate!

1) Indianapolis Colts (+1)

2) New Orleans Saints (-1)

3) Denver Broncos (-)

4) New England Patriots (+2)

5) Pittsburgh Steelers (+4)

6) Minnesota Vikings (-3)

7) Cincinnati Bengals (+1)

8) Arizona Cardinals (NR)

9) New York Giants (-4)

10) Atlanta Falcons (-3)

-----

28) Kansas City Chiefs (NR)

29) Cleveland Browns (-1)

30) Tennessee Titans (+1)

31) Tampa Bay Buccanneers (-2)

32) St. Louis Rams (-)

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

KING'S

nfl_sm.gif

POWER RANKINGS

============

After Week 8

============

KEY

[NC] = No Change

[NR] = Not Previously Ranked

▲ Top Teams

[+1] ⒈ NOS (7-0)

[-1] ⒉ IND (7-0)

[+3] ⒊ MIN (7-1)

[NC] ⒋ NEP (5-2)

[NC] ⒌ CIN (5-2)

[-3] ⒍ DEN (6-1)

[NC] ⒎ PIT (5-2)

[+2] ⒏ DAL (5-2)

[NR] ⒐ PHI (5-2)

[NR] ⒑ BAL (4-3)

[NR] ⒒ HOU (4-3)

[NR] ⒓ CHI (4-3)

▼ Falling Franchises

[+4] 28. STL (1-6)

[NR] 29. DET (1-6)

[NR] 30. OAK (2-6)

[-2] 31. CLE (1-7)

[-3] 32. TBB (0-7)

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Here we go with Saintsfan's post week 8 power rankings

1 Indianapolis Colts

2 Nyawlins Saints

3 Minnesota Vikings

4 New England Patriots

5 Baltimore Ravens

(Bubbbling under Giants, Cowboys, Broncos, Eagles, Steelers)

Bottom 5

32 Tampa Bay Buccs

31 Cleveland Browns

30 St Louis Rams

29 Detroit Lions

28 Washington Redskins

(staring over the precipice Jaguars, Titans, Bills, Raiders, Chiefs)

Notes- Big changres at the top, with the Giants and Broncos falling out of the top 5 for now. I wonder if I might be over estimating the Ravens, but I am impressed enough with a good win over the Broncos. At the bottom, the weakness of the bottom 5 can be judged by the teams who didn't make it. Bills, Raiders and Chiefs all outside the bottom 5? There are obviously 5 pretty awful teams at the bottom)

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

nfl_sm.gifWEEK 8 FINAL

1 » New Orleans Saints

2 » Indianapolis Colts

3 » Denver Broncos

4 » Minnesota Vikings

5 » New England Patriots

6 » Cincinnati Bengals

7 » Pittsburgh Steelers

8 » Philadelphia Eagles

9 » Dallas Cowboys

10 » Baltimore Ravens

28 » Washington Redskins

29 » Detroit Lions

30 » St. Louis Rams

31 » Cleveland Browns

32 » Tampa Bay Buccaneers

6uXNWAo.png

1 New Orleans Saints

2 Indianapolis Colts

3 Minnesota Vikings

4 New England Patriots

5 Cincinnati Bengals

28 Washington Redskins

29 St. Louis Rams

30 Detroit Lions

31 Cleveland Browns

32 Tampa Bay Buccaneers

PvO6ZWJ.png

After Week 8:

1. Colts (Despite how good the Saints look, I will continue to put Indy here until someone shows they can stop Peyton.)

2. Saints

3. Vikings

4. Broncos

5. Patriots (Ugh.)

--------------

28. Lions

29. Browns

30. Redskins

31. Rams

32. Bucs

01) New Orleans Saints

02) Indianapolis Colts

03) Minnesota Vikings

04) Denver Broncos

05) New England Patriots

06) Cincinnati Bengals

07) Pittsburgh Steelers

08) Philadelphia Eagles

09) Dallas Cowboys

10) Houston Texans

28) Kansas City Chiefs

29) Washington Redskins

30) St. Louis Rams

31) Cleveland Browns

32) Tampa Bay Buccaneers

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

NEP's Week 9 Power Rankings

(1)1. Saints: They keep rolling and they don't play anyone of respectability until the end of November when Tom and his Pats come to the Superdome.

(2)2. Colts: Well they almost got upset by the Niners but they have two games in a row that should prove themselves both at home but against the Texans and the Pats.

(5)3. Vikings: Brett Favre went into Lambeau and torched the Packers and forgot in all of this was All Day's 141 Total Yards.

(4)4. Patriots: Flying under the radar just how Bill Belichick likes it

(6)5. Steelers: Will see how good the Steelers actually are when the leave the friendly confines of Heinz Field and go a Mile High.

(3)6. Broncos: The Broncos ran into a desperate Ravens squad this past Sunday now they get a Steeler team coming off the bye on Monday night.

(7)7. Bengals: Coming out of the bye the Bengals can put distance between themselves and the Ravens and Steelers because those are the Bengals next two opponents.

(9)8. Eagles: Biggest win of the year to date for the Eagles against the Giants now they get the suddenly hot Cowboys.

(NR)9. Cowboys: Tony Romo has 8 Touchdowns and 0 Int's in the last three games two of which came against the Chiefs and Seahawks and two of which we're at home against the Falcons and Seahawks will see how real the Cowboys are this week.

(NR)10. Texans: Texas' other team the Texans are off to their best start in team history and they can really prove themselves because their four next games come against divisional opponents including two against the Colts.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

11. Chargers

12. Giants

13. Ravens

14. Falcons

15. Packers

-------------------------------------------------------------------

(28)T28. Raiders: Tom Cable now is accused of beating up Women it can't get any worst well it can if the Raiders get they first pick in the Draft Al Davis will draft the fastest player available.

(32)T28. Rams: Sweet, Sweet victory now they get a bye week to savor what could be their only victory they get the Saints coming out of the bye.

(NR)29. Chiefs: They have two great chances to get two wins in a row @ Jacksonville then @ Oakland

(28)30. Lions: Lost to the previous worst team in the NFL good thing is in Week 11 they get the Browns at home.

(31)31. Browns: Just fired the first year GM they have no one maybe it's time to bring back Brady Quinn to save what's left in his young career.

(30)32. Buccaneers: Starting their 3rd different Quarterback this week against an angry Packer squad not good.

Week 9 Key Games

Ravens @ Bengals

Texans @ Colts

Cowboys @ Eagles

Steelers @ Broncos (Monday)

nfl_sm.gifWEEK 9 FINAL

1 » New Orleans Saints

2 » Indianapolis Colts

3 » New England Patriots

4 » Cincinnati Bengals

5 » Pittsburgh Steelers