bubbling under- Broncos, Cowboys, Eagles, Ravens, Falcons

Bottom 5

32 Cleveland Browns

31 Tampa Bay Buccaneers

30 St Louis Rams

29 Detroit Lions

28 Washington Redskins

Staring over the precipice- Bills, Raiders, Chiefs, Panthers, Jaguars

Notes- Only change at in the top 5 is the Steelers displacing the Ravens. Just think, at least one of the Colts, Patriots or Steelers won't be in the AFC Championship game! The Cowboys could put pressure on the top 5 if they keep winning as well. The Colts hold off the Saints, as much because I am not sure what happens if the Saints fall behind against a real quality team.

Little change at the bottom as well. The Buccs win lifts them off the bottom, with the Browns now propping up the league.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Cincinnati beat Pittsburgh, and they've defeated the Ravens twice now. I think the Steelers are a good team, but until they beat the Bengals, they're not being ranked above them. Not only that, but you don't even have them "bubbling under", which should be impossible. Basically, you're saying the Bengals aren't in your top 10. Insanity.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Cincinnati beat Pittsburgh, and they've defeated the Ravens twice now. I think the Steelers are a good team, but until they beat the Bengals, they're not being ranked above them. Not only that, but you don't even have them "bubbling under", which should be impossible. Basically, you're saying the Bengals aren't in your top 10. Insanity.

Fair enough, but I wouldn't rank the Buccaneers ahead of the Packers just because Tampa beat GB. The Bengals have gotta be top 10, though.

Fair enough, but I wouldn't rank the Buccaneers ahead of the Packers just because Tampa beat GB. The Bengals have gotta be top 10, though.

Buccanners aren't 6-2 and leading their division after beating the Steelers and defeating the vaunted Baltimore Ravens twice. Two different scenarios, brother.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Here we go with Saintsfan's week 9 power rankings

1 Indianapolis Colts

2 New Orleans Saints

3 Minnesota Vikings

4 New England Patriots

5 Pittsburgh Steelers

bubbling under- Broncos, Cowboys, Eagles, Ravens, Falcons

I'm with Kinger here. I've kept an eye on your rankings in this thread and still you don't even have the Bengals in the top 10. The Bengals have beaten the Steelers, destroyed the Bears, and have beaten the Ravens twice while Pittsburgh has yet to even play the Ravens. I've held my tongue in week's past, but it's gone too far and this team is too good, I need an explanation. What do you have against the Bengals?

PvO6ZWJ.png

Hmmmm the Bengals. I did consider them. But they weren't in my ratings last week, and noone kicked up a storm. I guess when you have included the Ravens and not the Bengals after Cincy beat Baltimore then its more noticeable. The Bengals are clearly a good team. But the Bengals win over the Steelers is now clearly a little while ago and the Steelers are on a 5 game winning run, having beaten the Broncos, Vikings and Chargers whilst on that run, and save the Ravens and Steelers, I find it difficult to suggest they have beaten anyone else in the elite of this seasons NFL. A win in Pittsburgh would certainly be noteworthy for the Bengals, and would have them moving up, but for the moment I honestly feel there are 10 better teams than the Bengals so far this year.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Hmmmm the Bengals. I did consider them. But they weren't in my ratings last week, and noone kicked up a storm. I guess when you have included the Ravens and not the Bengals after Cincy beat Baltimore then its more noticeable. The Bengals are clearly a good team. But the Bengals win over the Steelers is now clearly a little while ago and the Steelers are on a 5 game winning run, having beaten the Broncos, Vikings and Chargers whilst on that run, and save the Ravens and Steelers, I find it difficult to suggest they have beaten anyone else in the elite of this seasons NFL. A win in Pittsburgh would certainly be noteworthy for the Bengals, and would have them moving up, but for the moment I honestly feel there are 10 better teams than the Bengals so far this year.

I didn't kick up a storm about your previous rankings because I was waiting for you to come to the right conclusion on your own. I can understand not having them in the top 5, but to have the 4-4 Ravens in your top 10, a team the Bengals beat better than the two scores would indicate, and not have the Bengals doesn't make any sense. They haven't beat anyone? I could say the same thing about any team in the NFL, they've only played 8 games. Having watched all of their games this season I would describe 4 of their 6 wins as "quality". These games of course being against the Bears (hello? 45-10), Steelers, Ravens, and Ravens. Also remember their loss to Denver was on the flukiest of fluke plays. The immaculate reception thinks that was lucky.

I'm not trying to be superfan here, but I'd encourage you to take a closer look at their games for the rest of the season. Even if they don't beat PIttsburgh for the division they have a great shot at the first wild card position. It's not entirely your fault, I can't get ESPN to notice this team either.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I didn't kick up a storm about your previous rankings because I was waiting for you to come to the right conclusion on your own. I can understand not having them in the top 5, but to have the 4-4 Ravens in your top 10, a team the Bengals beat better than the two scores would indicate, and not have the Bengals doesn't make any sense. They haven't beat anyone? I could say the same thing about any team in the NFL, they've only played 8 games. Having watched all of their games this season I would describe 4 of their 6 wins as "quality". These games of course being against the Bears (hello? 45-10), Steelers, Ravens, and Ravens.

The same can be said for the Vikings. Yeah, they have a nice 7-1 record, good for 3rd best in the league -- but who have they beaten? 4-4 Baltimore? 4-4 Green Bay?? Their only real test was against the defending champion Steelers, which just so happens to be their only loss to date.

I notice that most people have the Vikes ranked 3rd overall, as did I in previous weeks. But I'm going to bury them below teams like Pittsburgh, New England, Cinci until they can actually notch a "quality win".

6uXNWAo.png

I didn't kick up a storm about your previous rankings because I was waiting for you to come to the right conclusion on your own. I can understand not having them in the top 5, but to have the 4-4 Ravens in your top 10, a team the Bengals beat better than the two scores would indicate, and not have the Bengals doesn't make any sense. They haven't beat anyone? I could say the same thing about any team in the NFL, they've only played 8 games. Having watched all of their games this season I would describe 4 of their 6 wins as "quality". These games of course being against the Bears (hello? 45-10), Steelers, Ravens, and Ravens. Also remember their loss to Denver was on the flukiest of fluke plays. The immaculate reception thinks that was lucky.

I'm not trying to be superfan here, but I'd encourage you to take a closer look at their games for the rest of the season. Even if they don't beat PIttsburgh for the division they have a great shot at the first wild card position. It's not entirely your fault, I can't get ESPN to notice this team either.

Lol don't take this the wrong way, but it may be a bit of stereotyping the Bengals as a team that inevitably will fail at some point. I could definitely imagine a scenario where they lose to the Steelers but move up in my thoughts though.

Also the only other teams to beat the Ravens this year are the Patriots and Vikings. I drew the conclusion that that makes the Ravens good still, although I suppose you could also draw the conclusion that it puts Cincy in high quality company.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

NEP's Week 10 Power Rankings

(1)1. Saints: They keep finding ways to win and they haven't looked good for a full 60 minutes in the last few weeks but they do turn it on when it matters the most.

(2)2. Colts: Kris Brown missed a field goal he should have made to send Sunday's game to OT so the Colts escaped again now it's a crucial Sunday night battle with easily their biggest rival.

(3)3. Vikings: They had a bye week to heal up any bruises now it's on to torment the Lions.

(4)4. Patriots: Tom Brady stuck it to Joey Porter and the Pats over powered the Dolphins.

(5)T5. Steelers: The defending champs are back, going into a tough Mile High and coming out with again a great effort lead by the Defense.

(7)T5. Bengals: These guys are officially for real and now they have a chance to sweep the Steelers this coming Sunday.

(9)7. Cowboys: Okay I must hand it to them they went into hostile territory and came out on top now they get to go to Lambeau and now a very angry Packer team.

(NR)8. Chargers: Now that the Broncos have dropped two straight games the division race is now up for the taking.

(NR)9. Falcons: They are now considered forgotten now that the Saints are 8-0 but the Falcons are still hanging in there.

(6)10. Broncos: Josh McDaniels must now figure out how to deal with a team coming off 2 straight losses, perfect remedy a trip to Landover to take on the Skins.

----------------------------------------------

11. Cardinals

12. Eagles

13. Texans

14. Jets

15. Jaguars

----------------------------------------------

(28)28. Rams: Ahh the bye week too bad the Rams will be going back down this list after the Saints are through with them.

(32)29. Buccaneers: Raheem Morris got his first victory of his NFL coaching career now can he get his 2nd against the Fish.

(29)30. Chiefs: A spirited comeback but it wasn't enough but they still have shot to get their 2nd win this week against the Raiders.

(31)31. Browns: The Browns are now coming off the only peace time they'll have all season.

(30)32. Lions: They had the game against the Seahawks in their hands and the let it fly away.

Key Week 10 Games

Bengals @ Steelers

Cowboys @ Packers

Eagles @ Chargers

Patriots @ Colts

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I didn't kick up a storm about your previous rankings because I was waiting for you to come to the right conclusion on your own. I can understand not having them in the top 5, but to have the 4-4 Ravens in your top 10, a team the Bengals beat better than the two scores would indicate, and not have the Bengals doesn't make any sense. They haven't beat anyone? I could say the same thing about any team in the NFL, they've only played 8 games. Having watched all of their games this season I would describe 4 of their 6 wins as "quality". These games of course being against the Bears (hello? 45-10), Steelers, Ravens, and Ravens.

The same can be said for the Vikings. Yeah, they have a nice 7-1 record, good for 3rd best in the league -- but who have they beaten? 4-4 Baltimore? 4-4 Green Bay?? Their only real test was against the defending champion Steelers, which just so happens to be their only loss to date.

I notice that most people have the Vikes ranked 3rd overall, as did I in previous weeks. But I'm going to bury them below teams like Pittsburgh, New England, Cinci until they can actually notch a "quality win".

It's a good thing ''Quality Wins'' in the NFL don't matter.

Yeah, lucky for Minnesota.

I'm just sayin it's shaping up to be another premature exit for the Vikings this postseason. (Rememember '98? ;) )

6uXNWAo.png

I'm just sayin it's shaping up to be another premature exit for the Vikings this postseason. (Rememember '98? ;) )

Oh for sure we just have to bring into the discussion that Minnesota and all of the NFC North have relatively easy schedules and it if it wasn't for two really bad miscues the Vikings could have possibly beaten the Steelers.

Lol don't take this the wrong way, but it may be a bit of stereotyping the Bengals as a team that inevitably will fail at some point. I could definitely imagine a scenario where they lose to the Steelers but move up in my thoughts though.

Also the only other teams to beat the Ravens this year are the Patriots and Vikings. I drew the conclusion that that makes the Ravens good still, although I suppose you could also draw the conclusion that it puts Cincy in high quality company.

Trust me Saint, part of me thinks that the inevitable Bengals meltdown is only a few games away. Still, to have the 4-4 Ravens ahead of them in any ranking just isn't right. This season Cincinnati's just a better team then Baltimore.

Oh for sure we just have to bring into the discussion that Minnesota and all of the NFC North have relatively easy schedules and it if it wasn't for two really bad miscues the Vikings could have possibly beaten the Steelers.

All the more reason why the 2009 Minnesota Vikings are one of the most overrated 7-1 teams in NFL history. With that cupcake schedule, the they'll probably finish 13-3, only to see another vintage Brett Favre late-season flameout.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived