NFL Power Rankings '09

Cujo

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top 5

1 Indianapolis Colts - This position is basically by default because they are undefeated, but they aren't invincible, that has been evident the last few weeks. Still though, they look better than the Saints.

2 New Orleans Saints

3 Cincinnati Bengals

4 Minnesota Vikings

5 New England Patriots

still waiting to see what the browns do for the bottom 5.

Just watch. Some clown will still put Pittsburgh over Cincy.

His name is Skip Bayless. I don't put any stock into anything he says because he's basically the Rush Limbaugh of sports, but I accidentally caught his take of the game on first and ten today. He said because Holmes dropped a touchdown pass in the endzone that the Bengals got lucky. I checked the final score and the Bengals won by 6. Had Holmes scored that TD it would've only added 4 additional points. That doesn't add up to a Steelers victory Skip. He said that the Steelers were still the better team. Even if I'm on the other side as a Steelers fan I couldn't swing that to make sense.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Saintsfan's post week 10 power rankings

1 Indianapolis Colts

2 New Orleans Saints

3 New England Patriots

4 Cincinnati Bengals

5 Minnesota Vikings

Bubbling under: Ravens, Steelers, Chargers, Broncos, Falcons

Bottom 5

32 Cleveland Browns

31 St Louis Rams

30 Tampa Bay Buccaneers

29 Buffalo Bills

28 Detroit Lions

Teetering on the edge: Raiders, Chiefs, Seahawks, Redskins, Bears

Notes- After weeks of being ignored, the Bengals break into the top 5. (Fair enough sweeping both the Steelers and Ravens is pretty impressive!) The Colts remain on top of the standings, perhaps largely thanks to Bellichick's generosity. The Patriots remain high, after giving the Colts a real scare. At the bottom, it becoming clear who the worst 7 teams are. The Browns take the bottom space- they really ARE bad. Will they give the Lions a second win of the year this weekend?

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Top 5

1 Indiana Colts (seriously, drop the "polis" from the city name and go with the state name. It sounds so much better)

2 New Orleans Saints

3 Cincinnati Bengals

4 Minnesota Vikings

5 New England Patriots

Bottom 5

28 Oakland Raiders

29 Detroit Lions

30 St. Louis Rams

31 Tampa Bay Buccaneers

32 Cleveland Browns

PvO6ZWJ.png

First time checking into this thread...

1. Colts - Went 12 rounds against the Pats and had a hell of a comeback win (I'm a Pats fan by the way, ugh).

2. Saints - Undefeated, but way too close in a couple of recent games for comfort.

3. Bengals - Swept Pittsburgh, and Baltimore. They seem legit, but I won't really believe in them until they win a playoff game.

4. Vikings - Proved me wrong every week. Isn't this about the time Favre imploded last year...

5. Patriots - Went toe to toe with the Colts until the end. Brady and his receivers are finally in synch, and the D held its own until the last few minutes.

nfl_sm.gifWEEK 10 FINAL

1 » Indianapolis Colts

2 » New Orleans Saints

3 » Cincinnati Bengals

4 » New England Patriots

5 » Arizona Cardinals

6 » Minnesota Vikings

7 » Pittsburgh Steelers

8 » San Diego Chargers

9 » Denver Broncos

10 » Dallas Cowboys

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

28 » Tampa Bay Buccaneers

29 » Oakland Raiders

30 » St. Louis Rams

31 » Detroit Lions

32 » Cleveland Browns

6uXNWAo.png

dconsmall.png Icecap79's dconsmall.png

nfl_sm.gif

Power Rankings

<--Week 10/Week 11-->

1. Indianapolis Colts

2. New Orleans Saints

3. Cincinnati Bengals

4. New England Patriots

5. Minnesota Vikings

6. Pittsburgh Steelers

7. San Diego Chargers

8. Arizona Cardinals

9. Denver Broncos

10. Dallas Cowboys

-------------------------

28. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

29. St. Louis Rams

30. Detroit Lions

31. Oakland Raiders

32. Cleveland Browns

KING'S

nfl_sm.gif

POWER RANKINGS

============

After Week 10

============

KEY

[NC] = No Change

[NR] = Not Previously Ranked

▲ Top Teams

[NC] ⒈ NOS (9-0)

[NC] ⒉ IND (9-0)

[NC] ⒊ MIN (8-1)

[+1] ⒋ CIN (7-2)

[+5] ⒌ SDC (6-3)

[+5] ⒍ ARZ (6-3)

[-3] ⒎ NEP (6-3)

[-2] ⒏ PIT (6-3)

[NR] ⒐ JAX (5-4)

[NR] ⒑ GBP (5-4)

[-4] ⒒ DAL (6-3)

[-4] ⒓ DEN (6-3)

▼ Falling Franchises

[NR] 28. BUF (3-6)

[NR] 29. STL (1-8)

[NC] 30. TBB (1-8)

[-2] 31. DET (1-8)

[-1] 32. CLE (1-8)

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

NEP's Week 11 NFL Power Rankings

(2)1. Colts: The Colts stormed back in a furious way against the Pats on Sunday and took advantage of a questionable Bill Belichick call on 4th down late in the game. Now a trip to Baltimore is next.

(1)2. Saints: There winning the close games and that's all that matters but to let the Rams almost get the better end of the Saints. The collar is getting tighter and tighter with the Pats coming up in two weeks.

(3)3. Vikings: The Vikes started their three game homestand in style and Brett Favre has made Sidney Rice an up and coming star.

(5)4. Bengals: They managed to score the only touchdown this past Sunday and it wasn't even an offensive one and on top of that they have the all crucial tiebreaker over the Steelers

(8)5. Chargers: They've won four straight since the Monday night loss to Denver now they have a chance to avenge that loss and take over the Division lead from an all of a sudden cold Broncos team.

(4)6. Patriots: Since when we're we aloud to question Bill Belichick well this is you're week get it all out of your system.

(5)7. Steelers: Where is the Running game and the O-Line is still not clicking...... but they have two Super Bowl rings off of this Offensive Line.

(NR)8. Cardinals: Go figure last year's NFC Champs only got there second win at home all season, well the rest of the way the Cards have three games at home and three on the road.

(7)9. Cowboys: Nothing better then seeing the Cowboys fall flat now they get a shot at the Redskins and the Raiders on Thanksgiving.

(NR)10. Jaguars: Yes that's right you see the Jags have made it into the Top 10 and it's all because of MO-JO Drew.

--------------------------------------------

11. Broncos

12. Texans

13. Packers

14. Ravens

15. Falcons

---------------------------------------------

(NR)28. Raiders: Say hello to Bruce Gradkowski Raider Nation.

(29)29. Buccaneers: They were ten seconds away from a two game winning streak but now they start a three game stretch where they will see The Saints, Falcons & Panthers.

(28)30. Rams: They gave it there all and there all came up short and props to Steven Jackson for not being a baby playing with the Rams that's loyalty.

(32)31. Lions: This week the Lions could be receiving there 2nd victory this season it would be the first time that Lions have 2 victories since 2007 when they started 2-0.

(31)32. Browns: If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all.

Key Week 11 Matchups

Redskins @ Cowboys

Colts @ Ravens

Jets @ Patriots

Chargers @ Broncos

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

(NR)10. Jaguars: Yes that's right you see the Jags have made it into the Top 10 and it's all because of MO-JO Drew.

I am still not sold on the Jaguars this year. A win over the Jets at the Meadowlands is as close to them winning a game they would be a bit surprised to win. Otherwise they have beaten teams they ought to have, and lost to teams they should. The Jags have the same record as teams like the Eagles, Falcons and Ravens, and in a head to head I would expect the Jags not to beat any of those teams.

Then again what do I know! :therock:

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived