Denver Broncos field

roxfan00

They just showed an overhead view of Invesco Field and the endzones don't have Broncos painted in it, they just have the slanted lines in there and in the middle of the 50 yard line is the 50th Anniversary logo. I don't think they're wearing their throwbacks, they're playing the Browns. Just thought it was interesting.

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

I can't get this game nor have I seen any highlights, so someone tell me if this effectively means we'll be seeing (or have already seen) TWO brown-clad teams in the NFL today??? And on the same field, no less???

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Check to see if you have NFL Red Zone. Comcast and Direct TV offer it. I'm in Seattle getting Pittsburgh/Chicago so I'll be on the other channel as well.

I have whatever bargain-basement cable and internet service the DoD is providing me with right now, which unfortunately limits me to one primary sports channel (ESPN), and on Sundays, whatever games involve the Ravens or Redskins. And every now and then, I can get CBS (like today...but I can't get FOX.)

So needless to say, I don't got it. Rats.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Am I the only one who thinks that looks really good?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• 2 weeks later...

Throwback Turf Adds To Atmosphere

By Chris Gentilviso

Broncos Magazine Staff Writer

DENVER -- Since the inaugural 2001 season of INVESCO Field at Mile High, Ross Kurcab, CSFM, has been responsible for managing the stadium's turf.

When the Broncos 50th anniversary schedule came out this season, Kurcab and his staff knew exciting times were on the horizon. They learned that the Oct. 11 date with the New England Patriots was going to be a throwback game, commemorating the AFL tenure of both clubs.

That's when Kurcab, Senior Vice President of Business Development Mac Freeman and several others in the organization saw the potential for greater creativity with end-zone displays.

"Like anything we do around here, we wanted to do a little bit more than everyone else," Kurcab said. "We wanted to separate ourselves a little bit, rather than just having the team in their throwback uniforms and calling it a day."

That process began with a step that players routinely use to prepare for games -- watching film. Kurcab dug into the archives, viewing highlight DVDs up through the 1980 season in search of field designs from the past.

Beginning with the inaugural 1960 campaign, Kurcab spotted an idea for the home opener against the Browns. During that game, the stadium's end zones sported white cross lines, serving as a replica of the original look from that first season.

The Browns game turf was the first of several looks in store for 2009. But with consecutive games coming up against Dallas and New England, some challenges began to arise.

"It's really hard to change every game, especially when you have back-to-back games," Kurcab said. "All you can do is add on to what's already there."

During early-season months with warmer weather, field paint can dry in a couple of hours. But as the conditions turn colder, that couple of hours can turn into a couple of days.

In turn, Kurcab and his crew -- including Assistant Turf Manager Cody Freeman and Turf Technician Chris Hathaway -- judge the conditions on a week-by-week basis, sometimes painting as early as the Monday before a home game.

"We need to design something that's not only authentic to our history, but is also workable in terms of looking good and having paint that's down, dry and ready for the game," Kurcab said.

The difficulty did little to stop the Broncos from coming up with other ideas for those upcoming games. Against Dallas on Sunday, fans will see white hollow diamonds in the end zones, a look from the early 1960s. For the New England game, those hollow diamonds will turn into filled white diamonds -- another look from the first half of the 60s.

With a month-long hiatus between that game and the Steelers contest on Nov. 9, Kurcab said he and Freeman plan to go back to the drawing board, in hopes of continuing the string of retro looks for the remainder of the season. Possible future ideas include adding orange and blue paint to the end zones and using different logos at the 50-yard line.

Along with nailing down the logistics to make the field shine, Kurcab is also determined to deliver an environment for fans that captures the feel of those historic decades.

"Our first priority is getting that field in perfect playing shape, as fast as we possibly can," Kurcab said. "That's what I'm thinking about. This stuff is the fun, artsy side and I think it's important to bring that whole atmosphere."

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

Check to see if you have NFL Red Zone. Comcast and Direct TV offer it. I'm in Seattle getting Pittsburgh/Chicago so I'll be on the other channel as well.

I have whatever bargain-basement cable and internet service the DoD is providing me with right now, which unfortunately limits me to one primary sports channel (ESPN), and on Sundays, whatever games involve the Ravens or Redskins. And every now and then, I can get CBS (like today...but I can't get FOX.)

So needless to say, I don't got it. Rats.

Have you tried the website justin.tv ? Looks like people streaming their slingboxes. I watched the Saints-Dolphins preseason game that obviously wasn't on here outside Atlanta. I haven't tried it for NFL regular season games but assume somebody probably streams most of the games.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Am I the only one who thinks that looks really good?

Of course not, but you're wrong anyway. I don't care how old your team is, you're in the NFL. Paint your damn field. Same memo goes out to the NBA and their affinity for a hundred shades of beige.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

What a great time to be a Denver fan. They are 4-0, We get treated to a throwback game this week (when does flex scheduling start?) and the field will be different almost every home game it sounds like. That's just awesome! (BTW, Those orange uniforms looked great Sunday!)

Archived