50th Anniversary Logos

KevinMcD

Chargers, Jets, Raiders. All three quite good.

Then in a distant fourth, Broncos. More of a "not bad" situation than an affirmatively good logo. It's got its problems, but it has a strong sense of shape and the bold use of color with no white space works.

After that, not so much in fifth, but tied for last place, the pretty much equally if differently crappy everyone else.

Which is almost exactly the reverse order of how much I actually like the teams. So at least I can be pretty sure that my judgment is not being swayed by homer bias.

20082614447.png

Chargers, Jets, Raiders. All three quite good.

Then in a distant fourth, Broncos. More of a "not bad" situation than an affirmatively good logo. It's got its problems, but it has a strong sense of shape and the bold use of color with no white space works.

After that, not so much in fifth, but tied for last place, the pretty much equally if differently crappy everyone else.

Which is almost exactly the reverse order of how much I actually like the teams. So at least I can be pretty sure that my judgment is not being swayed by homer bias.

I would have to agree with your assessment. The Top 3 are miles above the rest, Denver kinda falls in the middle, and the rest are at the tail end.

Not saying it's my favorite, but for some reason that I can't explain (but I'll at least try to), I like the Bills' one a lot.

It's different in that it's not symmetrical like most aniversary logos, and with the fonts, it's both cool and '70s is yet modern at the same time. I also like how they incorporated the "motion line" gimmick into it. Excellent use of gold on the outlines too.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'll Rank em

1. Raiders

2. Patriots

3. Chiefs

4. Chargers

5. Broncos

6. Titans

7. Bills

8. Jets

That sloppy Bills logo is better than the Jets'?? You're on crack.

They are both awful, I just like how the Bills incorporate the classic standing buffalo.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Glad to see I'm not the only person that really doesn't care for the Jets one. On the jerseys, especially, it didn't seem to pop at all... I think it's an issue because just the two colors, but it might end up looking better on the green sets.

Ranking them:

1. Chargers (easily)

2. Titans

3. Raiders

4. Broncos

5. Patriots

6. Chiefs

7. Jets

8. Bills

1. Jets (Simple, classic, ties in the look of the logo and is one of the better anniversary logos i've seen in any sport.)

2. Chargers

3. Raiders

4. Oilers/Titans

5. Patriots

6. Broncos

7. Texans/Chiefs

8. Bills (Not a bad logo, but just not the best out of these eight)

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Archived