Colorado Rockies rebrand

chestnutz

Was very bored today, and didn't want to do a couple of essays I had to do, so decided to make a concept instead! Did what I do when I always lack inspiration, which is just look in my sketchbook at things I've done in the past. Decided to finally get around to doing a Rockies concept.

I've had this idea in my head for a while. There isn't too much explainin' to do, but I'll get right into it.

LOGOS

-Ditched black, added a darker purple along with the royal purple, and used silver.

-New everything. Primary logo keeps the mountain theme (obviously) with white accents. If you look closely the two smaller mountain's accents make a C and R.

-Used a Red Sox esque font, which I felt fit well with what I wanted to do. The wordmarks also feature a mountain range two-tone design inside the letters.

-Alternate is simple, just a baseball with the mountains.

-Cap logo takes the Sox-style C and combines it with the top of the main peak in the logo.

UNIFORMS

-Kept the pinstripes for the home, made them purple, and decided to not have the primary hat be a monogram, to be different. The colorado state flag is on the sleeve.

-Away goes with a triple-stripe sleeve design instead of pinstripes, and uses the C logo on the cap.

-Home alternate is a vest, since I think the Rockies should always have a vest. Went with faded pinstripes.

-For the road alternate, I decided to use the darker purple since I felt it'd match with gray pants better.

So, C&C!

logos.png

rockies-unis.png

rockies-alt-unis.png

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

I reallt love this Chestnut. Just a couple suggestions. I would ditch the royal purple hat and just stick with the deep purple hat with royal purple brim because that hat color is amazing. I would buy it in a heartbeat! Great job on the logos as well, huge upgrade. Also I would make the C mountain logo the primary cap logo, and keep the secondary logo regulated to the sleeves. Which brings me to the sleeve patch on the home; I would get rid of the Colorado flag on the sleeve, I think it is just too distracting and takes away from the uniforms. I think the econdary logo would fit much better on the sleeve than the flag does.

jNTsTyQ.png

I like a lot about this. The shift in color emphasis is great, and your use of color in general (with the two tones of purple) is novel and really works well. The type and uniforms are each very solid. The part of this that I really don't like is the caps. I don't think either of those logos is strong enough for a cap, especially the C-mountain logo, which seems very forced together. The ball logo is a good logo and makes for a very nice patch, but I don't think it works well for a Major League primary cap. I'd be ok with it as an alternate or BP cap.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

One thing you could try, maybe move the stitching on the ball/mountain logo around so that it is more like a C on the home cap. (The only reason I suggest that is that I prefer my primary caps to have letters and not just logos on).

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

The primary logo looks great. I'm not as sure about the secondary and tertiary, but those points have already been covered. I don't think the lighter purple should be a dominant uniform color. I went through a similar struggle with two-tone purple in my Rockies redesign. The light purple almost looks out of context as the primary color; it seems like it is best suited for the highlight effect that it is used for on the logos. As for caps, I think an all dark purple cap would work really well with this set. Oh, and bmac, I'm sure you weren't the first person to try mountains on a ball either.

Over all, this is very nice. (It's certainly better than what they wear now.) However, the typeface that you used for the wordmarks immediately said Cincinnati Reds to me. I like your idea of using a "traditional baseball" typeface. Just make it a bit more unique?

Really man? I've been a respected member here for a while, made many of my own original concepts, you think I'd actually try and rip your logo? The idea's been done many times before. I just tried to find a way to incorporate a baseball with the mountains (originally I had it looking like bohob's Rockies concept, but once I saw his I decided to scratch it so that it wouldn't turn out like you're saying right now, a rip) and that's how it ended up.

Thanks all for the comments though, I'm happy with how it came out (considering the initial sketches and final product all happened in a few hours) and I'll try to apply your critiques.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Settle down everybody. I honestly meeant that I like his logo. I linked my original one to show that it is a good idea, as it has been done before. I'm sure I wasn't the first to do it. I apoligize if it came off as if he copied it or anything.

Bull. If that's what you meant, you would've said it. Instead, you were bitchy and curt about it. Don't try to say you weren't.

To back up chestnutz, the secondary also looks similar to a concept I came up with several years ago, so the idea to come up with a ball/mountain rendering is very natural to make.

colorado_2004.png

I like your take of only having the single line of stitching on the ball, it tightens the logo up vertically. And I think the primary is quite sharp. Not my favorite font, but it works.

Archived