Memphis Grizzles New Road Alternate

Jumpman085

Well these are just the softest and most luxurious sports uniforms I've ever laid eyes upon. I just want to wrap myself up in them, or fall back on them in slow motion.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm gonna have to disagree with a lot of you and say that I like it. The lack of white is nice as the lighter blue piping creates a smooth transition between the panels and the base, I think. The yellow slashes are out there, but it's good to see a jersey that isn't just straight side panels. Also I disagree with the guy who said that the numbers/wordmark were too big, they aren't.

The only things I don't like are the lack of an arched wordmark and how overused this color scheme is.

Overall, I think these are great, from the press photo it seems like the wordmark and numbers are hard to read because of the "shimmer" of the jersey material, but I think they'll be fine and it's just because of the photo...

Also, the side panels also remind me alot of the Thrashers secondary logo as well...

mayo_84I9010-300.jpg

My reaction when I saw these: :shocked: followed by :wub:Beale Street Blue is now my new favorite color...and those kicks are fresh too!

Thank you ColorWerx :peace:

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

My reaction when I saw these: shocked.gif followed by wub.gif Smoke Blue is now my new favorite color...and those kicks are fresh too!

For the record, here are the Grizzlies' colors (with color descriptions):

MemphisGrizzlies_FRC_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

You'll note that the main color of these alts is "Beale Street Blue".

Well it's about time the Grizzlies got an alt.

At first I didn't really like them, but they're actually pretty good... Just tired of all the different blue teams.

It's amazing how a team can use three different shades of blue and make them all work. You probably couldn't do that with red.

I, actually, would really like this, if the Denver Nuggets' current uniforms didn't already exist...

.... and Utah and Dallas and Minnesota and Orlando and Atlanta and Charlotte and Washington and ....

utah is the only team in your list that has powder blue, which was his original point.

If not for the fact that the blue-and-blue (and yellow in some cases) color scheme had been beaten to a bloody pulp in the NBA (actually I think the Titans are to blame for starting the trend), and if not for the razzle dazzle fabric, I MIGHT actually like these. Not that I don't...but these ain't nothing special to me.

I know there's some kind of rule or regulation in place against this...but I really kinda wish the NBA would get off themselves and allow (or force) Memphis to rebrand themselves as the Express. Sure, that'd add another purple team to the NBA (taking a spot vacated by the most recent squad to drink the blue-and-blue Kool-Aid, the Utah Jazz)...but I'd love to see that, especially seeing as to how FedEx is HQ'd right there in Memphis. Shoot...they can even keep their base uniforms to purple, with a hint of grey trim.

But could you imagine the possibilities for alternates?

(Although...I suppose one would also have to know the "additional" color designations FedEx uses...red for FedEx Freight, orange for FedEx Express--air, in other words, green for FedEx Ground, and, if they really wanted to get kinky, the Carolina Panthers-esque electric blue for their partnership with FedEx-Kinko's.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Way too busy, and the dazzle fabric looks terrible . . . but at least they brought back that great ball-in-claw logo.

it never left... its been on the back of their jersey above the name

i really don't like that "dazzle" fabric... i don't think it looks good on any team that uses it

I, actually, would really like this, if the Denver Nuggets' current uniforms didn't already exist...

.... and Utah and Dallas and Minnesota and Orlando and Atlanta and Charlotte and Washington and ....

my sentiments exactly.

Archived