Pride Stickers

Sguse1

because they're paid millions of dollars to do their jobs and don't need to be validated with good-job stickers like GODDAMN KINDERGARTENERS

Except Dallas. They get a pretentious star.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

because they're paid millions of dollars to do their jobs and don't need to be validated with good-job stickers like GODDAMN KINDERGARTENERS

Except Dallas. They get a pretentious star.

and you have the dallas stars who get a gold star and the houston astros who get a wierd cosmic star.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I've always wondered why NFL teams dont use pride stickers? Any one have some insight?

Because it's silly and childish. NFL players get validation through money. Stickers are worthless. If it don't make dollars, then it don't make sense.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I've always wondered why NFL teams dont use pride stickers? Any one have some insight?

Because it's silly and childish. NFL players get validation through money. Stickers are worthless. If it don't make dollars, then it don't make sense.

Words to live by, homey.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Way to go, Orlando Pace, you successfully blocked for the first time in over a year! You get a sticker!!!

yay!!

and you know what else?

what?

we're going out for pizza!!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Except the NFL could make some more dollars if teams created secondary (tertiary?) logos for use as pride stickers, then sold gear with those logos. I can easily see car magnets with Redskins tomahawks or spears, Raiders crossed swords or 49ers picks.

The stickers might not fire up the players (so no "sense" that way), but it does make "sense" as another marketing tool.

Yes, I already see the counterargument -- NFL helmets are almost logos/marketing tools themselves, so they shouldn't be cluttered with pride stickers. However, as long as you don't go full Ohio State with it -- keep it to small stickers on the very back of the helmet -- I could see the idea working.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

As much as I love em on the high school and college level (Hell, I got some the years that I played.), agreed. They're professionals, they don't need stickers on their helmet just to let everybody know that they're doing a good job.

+1

+1

Wouldn't that be +2? :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

the NFL will fine guys for having # stickers of their teammates who died in a freaking war and you want them to have PRIDE STICKERS?!

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Aside from being completely bush league, there's another reason.

Pride stickers would automatically become a contractual issue - players would have bonuses written into their contract based on how many stickers they were awarded, and if a team didn't award one to a player there would be claims that the stickers were withheld for monetary reasons.

You don't have these issues with awards that are out of the club's hands - MVP, Pro Bowl, etc - or are based on stats. Any arbitrary award opens up Pandora's box.

Not that players can't give them out, but teams cannot.

2277993582_3a92f847f6_o.jpgwillie-stargell-civil-war-hat.jpg

Archived