FSU to debut Nike's Pro Combat unis

Geoff

Make the pants and helmet gold...and I'm sold. Solid design, impressive implementation. Well done. I'm expecting this to be the next big thing next year also.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All in all...as a devout Seminole, I can live with an update along these lines...but if and ONLY if the helmet remains gold (and if gold pants become part of the package),

Almost exactly what I was just saying to my son . . . & I would add that the same design on white pants would make it all work.

So there's are basically Nike's version of SoD's for football? I'm actually shocked that I think these are great! I really wouldn't mind if any other teams switched to this type of template.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

From an OU message board:

These will all be worn for road games at non-nike schools. The lone exception is Florida/Florida state who are both Nike schools. Neb, TTech, Mich, Maryland, TAM are all getting home games vs the new uni's. So you can lookup whoever they play in Nov that is a Nike school to get an idea of who is participating. At least this is what I've "heard"

It's already been revealed that Ohio State will be wearing theirs at Michigan. OU will be wearing theirs at Texas Tech. Texas will wear theirs at Texas A&M. I'm guessing Colorado will be wearing theirs at Nebraska.

notice FSU wears these vs. Maryland

rivalry for schools?

or manufactuers?

Maryland's template was used in all of the UA commericials back in like 2002-2003...and thru. That was the new big thing.

this is Nike and UA rivalry

this is totally true. I think Nike really had to step up its game because UA had caught them in may aspects of material and construction. As a fan of a UA school, this SoD will really make UA step it game up too.

South Carolina(UA) is wearing the special black Wounded Warrior Jersey with digital camo letters against Florida(nike) this month too, but honestly the execution of those unis could have been WAY better. The UA cleats on the other hand, are freaking SICK!

10titles.jpg

These really make the set stand out IMO:

garnetcleats.jpg

Garnet is one of my favorite colors, and when highlighted by gold looks OUTSTANDING! I really REALLY like the idea of using team color cleats to further strengthen a team's identity, similar to some baseball teams. Can you imagine if NFL teams ran with this idea as well? I'd kill (not literally :P ) to see the Saints rock some gold cleats a la Chad Ochocinco earlier this season.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

EDIT: you know what...nevermind.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

FSU was selected as one of 10 teams to model the new template.

So this should be interesting.

I didn't like this at first, but now, I think I love it...

But ya, they need a gold helmet and gold pants... otherwise, really well executed. FSU has a knack for well designed uniforms... and check out the lack of piping!

High Quality Entertainment for the masses.

DiamondbacksSig.pngsuperbowlxliii-1.png

From an OU message board:

These will all be worn for road games at non-nike schools. The lone exception is Florida/Florida state who are both Nike schools. Neb, TTech, Mich, Maryland, TAM are all getting home games vs the new uni's. So you can lookup whoever they play in Nov that is a Nike school to get an idea of who is participating. At least this is what I've "heard"

It's already been revealed that Ohio State will be wearing theirs at Michigan. OU will be wearing theirs at Texas Tech. Texas will wear theirs at Texas A&M. I'm guessing Colorado will be wearing theirs at Nebraska.

Except Colorado hosts Nebraska this year. Now Nebraska does host K-State the week before, so maybe we will see the Wildcats wearing them.

At first glance, it looked like an Atlanta Falcons set, the feathers on the sleeves and the colors.

I do not like the straying away from the gold. Overall, I don't like it. Actually, the only part I like is the gloves.

87Redskins.png

Make that undershirt a permanemt part of the uniform... with elbow length tight sleeves that are attached to the main body of the jersey. In other words, bring back sleeves? Nike might actually perform a service.

(And yeah... the lack of gold trumps any "cool factor" this might have for me)

Archived