NFL/Canon Camera Commercial Question?

bigdub81

I can never catch the commercial from start to finish, but I swear in one of those NFL / Cannon Camera ads I see the Pats playing a scene against the Browns. The odd thing that I 'think' I'm seeing is the Pats wearing their silver pants with their away jersey? If so it's the combo that they have never worn since their redesign and one that most Patriot fans have been wanting to see. I pretty sure it's the Patriots in the ad as I seem to remember a bright red facemask with silver helmet!! Am I right about all of this?

P.S. How about the cheap KFC commercial with the digital NFL players all using the same #'s and looking horrible!

I can never catch the commercial from start to finish, but I swear in one of those NFL / Cannon Camera ads I see the Pats playing a scene against the Browns. The odd thing that I 'think' I'm seeing is the Pats wearing their silver pants with their away jersey? If so it's the combo that they have never worn since their redesign and one that most Patriot fans have been wanting to see. I pretty sure it's the Patriots in the ad as I seem to remember a bright red facemask with silver helmet!! Am I right about all of this?

P.S. How about the cheap KFC commercial with the digital NFL players all using the same #'s and looking horrible!

If it's the same commercial I'm thinking of, I always thought it was white pants...

The only Canon commercial I can find on youtube features the Giants and the Broncos.

I was trying to find a screenshot of that to post just the other day, but had no luck. The Pats are definitely wearing their silver pants with the white jersey in the commercial, and it looks kinda strange.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Wow, that Pats white jersey/silver pants combo looks weirder than I thought it would. Then again, it's probably because I'm conditioned to seeing the navy pants. Nevertheless...would it hurt them to break 'em out just once?

thanks dirty...at least now I know I wasnt just seeing things! The pants almost look white...I dunno...maybe it might be better if they wore solid blue socks if they ever pulled this out for an offical game day..it just don't look right with the striped socks normally worn with the navy pants

"most"?

I always wanted the Pats to wear silver pants with their white jersey. I don't really like the navy pants at all. But after seeing this, I think they may look better with the navy pants. I do think it would be cool for at least one game, though.

thanks dirty...at least now I know I wasnt just seeing things! The pants almost look white...I dunno...maybe it might be better if they wore solid blue socks if they ever pulled this out for an offical game day..it just don't look right with the striped socks normally worn with the navy pants

Totally agree! I actually think this set would look fantastic with the blue socks. Similarly, the Jets need to wear their green socks when they wear white pants with the white jerseys....

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, I was so sure that the silver pants would look better. Instead, turns out the blue pants are actually the best look. I'm actually depressed, I can't freakin believe that they looked so "meh" in the silver pants.

I think that if the Patriots made a few small tweaks, they would have one of the best sets in the league. I mean it's already ok, but if they made the width of the outer red side panel stripes match the widths of the pants stripes (or vice versa) it would be so much better. Then, put a silver stroke around the numbers on the away jersey where there usually is a white stroke to match the home uni. OR, maybe, just get rid of the first outline, and just have white and blue numbers outlined by a single red stroke. I think either would be an improvement. And yeah, silver pants as an alternate option of the road might be nice once in a while, but I personally prefer the blue pants.

I've never like the current Patriots' sets. At all.

Chief among my complaints was the shift from royal to navy...but for me, it goes a little deeper than that. Those uniforms just have too much going on. You have the shoulder inserts (which obviously were styled to mimic the previous Flying Elvii that occupied that space on the uniform sets previous to these), then you have colored sidepanels on the white jerseys, with side-panel piping on both sets of jerseys...piping which isn't even the same width as the red on the pants stripes. To add to all that, the white socks, while okay by themselves, have three navy stripes that don't mimic or match anything else on the uniform. The whole is almost a hodgepodge of damn near every popular uniform element of the time at which these were unveiled. To add to that (and this is why I really advocate the use of silver pants on the road)...their silver helmets, while light enough to be mistaken for white from a distance, are the only silver element of the road look, save for the inner silver trim on the numbers.

If the Patriots could find a way to simplify things a good ways--oh, and maybe brighten/bolden up the blue a little bit--perhaps maybe those uniforms would rank somewhere near tops in the league, in my mind. (The funny thing is...giant Flying Elvii aside, the uniform set previous to these actually managed to accomplish that somewhat.) As is now, I'd probably rank them somewhere below the middle of the pack...mostly because of all the mismatched elements going on.

Of course...this is all just my opinion...my two rusted Lincolns.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

You know what, I don't like the current Patriots stuff either. Doesn't help that they were worn by the biggest asswipes in sports history. If the 2007 Patriots wore Montreal Canadiens sweaters, they'd even make those ugly. I agree that there's too much going on, and don't forget that wonky "21st century" NOB font with the odd serifs and angles. Navy/silver/red should lend itself to a rather simple design, and yet these are, as you said, a turn-of-the-century mishmash. And the worst part is that winning three championships in them means they'll never ever ever go away.

The white/silver look doesn't look so bad, given that the Patriots wore white/silver with several of their '90s sets. If they insisted on keeping that stupid Flying Elvis in the update, they could've maintained continuity with the white/silver road set as well.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I've always thought that the Pats should've kept their red numbers on the white jerseys, but with the navy pants (not to mention the navy blue shoulder inserts), I understand it would probably look horrible....

But, on its own, I think a red-numbered away jersey would look great.

i play with that combo all the time in Madden...their silver is so light it kinda looks odd with the white jerseys

if they did it regularly they'd have to have a slightly darker silver to pull it off, which I'm sure they aren't interested in

shot in the dark but am I the only one who actually liked it when they wore those 'grey' jerseys from time to time years back? I thought they were kinda cool...I'd like to see the grey jerseys with the silver pants for kinda a muted monochrome look

and where the F*** are the red alternates? Why haven't they ever tried that before?

The whole is almost a hodgepodge of damn near every popular uniform element of the time at which these were unveiled.

You know, that's the best way I've heard it described. I feel the same way. A bit of side piping here, some chunky looking outlined numbers there, and a little 5 striped blue pants thrown in for good measure.

I'd rather see a modernization of the Pat Patriot look or something more like their previous Flying Elvii incarnations.

Archived