Mobsters Basketball

jaha32

I have posted logos in the past under this same team name but I guess you could say that I was not satisfied with how they looked so I decided to remake it all together. I obviously got the idea from the Celtics since I absolutely love that logo although it does have some oddities, like the pipe coming out of the man's nose. Here I used a cigar in place of the pipe and tried to give it a Mobster look. I had different ideas for colors but went with a darker look since I thought it made sense for a team called the Mobsters.

mobsters-1.gif

It's a great idea, with great execution. The render of the mobster is very well done, and I especially like his proportions: the head seems slightly big, which really works to give it just enough of a cartoonish feel. The colors are also very appropriate and work well as a whole.

I do think you need to find a typeface with some more... personality. You've got such a great illustration that the basic sans type can't keep up.

Another small thing I'd love to see would be a pinstriped suit. That would make this logo superb. However, I know it would be a lot of work, and it might not work from a distance. But if you can find a way to give him pinstripes (probably in the gray color), that would look fantastic.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I have posted logos in the past under this same team name but I guess you could say that I was not satisfied with how they looked so I decided to remake it all together. I obviously got the idea from the Celtics since I absolutely love that logo although it does have some oddities, like the pipe coming out of the man's nose. Here I used a cigar in place of the pipe and tried to give it a Mobster look. I had different ideas for colors but went with a darker look since I thought it made sense for a team called the Mobsters.

mobsters-1.gif

very nice. but like others have said, id like to see a version with a pin stripe suit. maybe a touch of red who knows but other than that this is quite nice.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Thanks for the feedback guys! I was thinking of pinstripes but thought it might be too much but maybe you are right,if it works it would a nice addition. I will switch the 'Manhattan' and 'Mobsters' words around. I put them in the order theyre in just because 'Manhattan' is longer and there was more room on the right side of the logo but wanted to see if anyone opposed to it first. and I will switch the typeface and post the changes soon.

My two suggestions are that I think you need more contrast. The dark blue on the black makes it tough to distinguish all of it and you did such a great job I think you can take creative license a bit and make the blue lighter. That way too maybe you can have the pinstipes be subtle with the blue standing out more than the stripes.

I also wish you would make the font feel a tad more integrated with the logo. Maybe something more mobster-like or something that plays off of the feel of the character itself a bit more.

I really think you did a good job. If this logo is just for fun, why not have he ball spin on a gun rather than his finger just to break the Celtics fell to it? Just a thought...

I really like tis but I have two issues with it, the first and it's probably not a big deal "artistically" but that ball doesn't look like it's gonna stay balanced on that finger too much longer, the whole thing (arm and ball) looks like it's angled away from the body slightly.

The biggest issue I have though is with the right hand side of his body (his right hand side that is) it's far to flat, no indication of shoulder at all, and the body isn't angled in a way that that would happen, it makes the position of the ball arm look a little unnatural and make the chest look very odd. I'd either indicate the very slightest amount of upper arm, or put a slight indent in the body around where the pec muscles would be similar to the one you have on his left that's level with his elbow. In fact I'd add that even if I added some upper arm as I think the torso needs some more shape to it on that side.

Those would be the two things I'd concentrate on with regards the figure, pin stripes might be cool, but I'd fix the body first. Others have mentioned the fonts and I would tend agree but that's been pointed out so I'll leave it at that.

It's another great job though, your basketball logo's are among some of my favourites in here and with a bit more work this one could be up there with your best ones.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

I really like tis but I have two issues with it, the first and it's probably not a big deal "artistically" but that ball doesn't look like it's gonna stay balanced on that finger too much longer, the whole thing (arm and ball) looks like it's angled away from the body slightly.

The biggest issue I have though is with the right hand side of his body (his right hand side that is) it's far to flat, no indication of shoulder at all, and the body isn't angled in a way that that would happen, it makes the position of the ball arm look a little unnatural and make the chest look very odd. I'd either indicate the very slightest amount of upper arm, or put a slight indent in the body around where the pec muscles would be similar to the one you have on his left that's level with his elbow. In fact I'd add that even if I added some upper arm as I think the torso needs some more shape to it on that side.

Those would be the two things I'd concentrate on with regards the figure, pin stripes might be cool, but I'd fix the body first. Others have mentioned the fonts and I would tend agree but that's been pointed out so I'll leave it at that.

It's another great job though, your basketball logo's are among some of my favourites in here and with a bit more work this one could be up there with your best ones.

9erssteve

Steve, you may be right about the ball, I dont know, but if you place the Celtics logo on top of my logo here, the finger of the Mobster is actually much more under the center of the basketball than the Celtics finger. I figured if it's good enough for the 17 (or however many) time NBA champs it's good enough for this. With the shoulder you mentioned, you might be right, but this Mobster has much more of a shoulder than the Celtics guy. he actually looks like he could use a shoulder. Anyways thanks for feedback and I will work on giving him a shoulder and some changes real soon.

Oh and as far as the color being too dark, you guys ae right. When I looked at this on another computer it looked way too dark. I will lighten it up a bit.

I lightened up the blue, added a left shoulder (his right), and pinstripes, which I think makes it much better and more Mobster-like. Also updated the font which logoman picked out for me since I dont even have any good fonts on my new computer yet. Oh, and I very slightly tilted the basketball arm to be more under the ball so it doesnt look as if the ball will fall off. Hopefully this is better now.

mobsters-2.gif

Thanks for the feedback guys! I was thinking of pinstripes but thought it might be too much but maybe you are right,if it works it would a nice addition. I will switch the 'Manhattan' and 'Mobsters' words around. I put them in the order theyre in just because 'Manhattan' is longer and there was more room on the right side of the logo but wanted to see if anyone opposed to it first. and I will switch the typeface and post the changes soon.

Could you possibly flip the character, so Manhattan is on the left side and the side with more room?

Very cool, btw

Im not feeling the font, never was a fan of Aurora or whatever that is. But the logo itself is amazing, good job!

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Archived