Chad Ochocinco changing his name AGAIN

Cujo

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I, for one, welcome another otaku to the fold.

/When will we see "huit-cinq?"

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

But why “Hachi Go”?

A Japanese film crew was in town a couple weeks ago to do a piece on the Bengals for a NFL show over there. They said all NFL fans in Japan know who Chad Ochocinco is and they seriously made a proposal to Chad to change his last name to “Hachi Go”.

“Some fans of mine that are Japanese said I should change my last name to ‘Hachi Go’.”

All in favor of him broadening his international appeal. :D Hopefully he gets it done in time for next season, unlike the last name change.

That being said, I'm guessing that the TV media is just gonna call him Chad Johnson from here on out. :P

But why ?Hachi Go??

A Japanese film crew was in town a couple weeks ago to do a piece on the Bengals for a NFL show over there. They said all NFL fans in Japan know who Chad Ochocinco is and they seriously made a proposal to Chad to change his last name to ?Hachi Go?.

?Some fans of mine that are Japanese said I should change my last name to ?Hachi Go?.?

All in favor of him broadening his international appeal. :D Hopefully he gets it done in time for next season, unlike the last name change.

That being said, I'm guessing that the TV media is just gonna call him Chad Johnson from here on out. :P

Let's just call him Chad...oh whoops, that name is already taken.

zip_chad.jpg

"I'm calling my manager on my new Alltel phone."

Here's my question to everyone who is "bothered" by this, or feels the need to kvetch about it...

Is he changing YOUR name? No, then why give a :censored:?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Here's my question to everyone who is "bothered" by this, or feels the need to kvetch about it...

It gives people something to bitch about....not to mention those poor souls who bought Ocho Cinco jerseys...their jersey of the same damn player will be irrelevant again...oh well.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

If someone's being an attention whore and taking away from or disrespecting the game, fans have the right to voice their complaints.

I don't really feel that way, and don't care either way, but I'm just saying. Just because something doesn't 100% directly effect you, doesn't mean you can't hold a valid opinion on it.

Now my only opinion is that I think it's silly to be doing this again, but oh well.

I've never understood the stance that Chad is disrespecting the league. What rule is out therein any league that athletes have to uber-serious? All he is doing is having fun. If Chad wants to talk smack about his opponents, why should we stop him? It's going to happen when he takes the field anyway.

How dare someone actually feel like he has the right to determine what other people call him.

Seriously, he's having fun. It's what he does. It's his "brand". It's completely harmless (except if you're one of the aforementioned people who just purchased an Ochocinco jersey... in which case you will have a "collector's item").

The big question is if it will be "HACHI GO" or "HACHIGO".

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

If someone's being an attention whore and taking away from or disrespecting the game, fans have the right to voice their complaints.

I don't really feel that way, and don't care either way, but I'm just saying. Just because something doesn't 100% directly effect you, doesn't mean you can't hold a valid opinion on it.

Now my only opinion is that I think it's silly to be doing this again, but oh well.

How is his name taking away from or disrespecting the game? Fans don't have the "right" to voice :censored:. This whole fans' rights thing is getting stupid. Just STFU and watch the games.

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Everything he does seems to be about having fun. Not being above the game, not being a bad teammate. And it all happens away from the play. I haven't seen him do anything that hurt his team, he just has some fun after the play ends.

Sure, it may seem excessive at times, but it doesn't happen after ordinary plays (like celebrating a tackle or a 3-yard gain or something).

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

How is his name taking away from or disrespecting the game? Fans don't have the "right" to voice :censored:. This whole fans' rights thing is getting stupid. Just STFU and watch the games.

I don't think it is. I'm open to the fact that some people might, though.

But fans surely do have the right to voice their opinion. No right to make demands, every right to say whatever they want. Why wouldn't they?

Nah, people can pretty much complain about whatever the hell they want, within reason. Complaining about 85's name changes is stupid and the people who do so are probably stupid, but I don't suppose they don't have the right to prattle on stupidly. You can't honestly expect people to just take everything in completely passively. Complaining and arguing about sports is most of the fun.

Anyway Chad's personality is in no way malicious and his wacky antics are fun. He can change his name every year if he wants.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I cannot agree with you. It has nothing to do with fans. So long as he is a public figure, then the public has the right to talk about him. That includes applauding him when he's funny and calling him out when he behaves like a attention-seeking toddler.

Goes for any public figure - politicians, actors, musicians, television personalities, and even athletes. You seek the limelight, and you take what comes with it.

I realize you don't necessarily hold this opinion, so I'm not going after you...but considering the league has done everything it can to suck all the life out of the game, what's wrong with someone enjoying himself? What's wrong with someone refusing to take it all seriously and just go out there and HAVE FUN?

The league wants everyone to give a speech after a victory or during a press conference stating the usual cliches (tam game, 110%, it's just great to come away with a win, yadda yadda yadda), going out of its way to homogenize everything possible. Yesterday on the radio, one of the "NFL Insiders," who last year during OchoCincoGate told us all how the league was being silly about everything and needed to lighten up, went off on Johnson about disrespecting everything that the league stands for, and shouldn't be allowed to do these things.

It's now a league where certain fringe players are being held to a Personal Conduct Code, but guys like Tom Brady can go out and impregnate as many models as possible, and be held to a higher regard than any other. This is a league where Flozell Adams can be fined $50k for a flagrant late hit, but Johnson gets fined $30k for a uniform violation.

The league has no priorities; it's putting gum over the cracks in the ceiling when the rain is pouring down through the chimney. All of the "respect to the league and its fans RAWR" folks can suck an egg, the only one disrespecting the fans is the NFL itself for sucking all of the energy out of its "product."

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I cannot agree with you. It has nothing to do with fans. So long as he is a public figure, then the public has the right to talk about him. That includes applauding him when he's funny and calling him out when he behaves like a attention-seeking toddler.

Goes for any public figure - politicians, actors, musicians, television personalities, and even athletes. You seek the limelight, and you take what comes with it.

I should have separated the first sentence from the second two. I still want to know how Chad Johnson-Ocho Cinco-Haichi Go's name is taking away from or disrespecting the game. People just call him an attention whore or a child, but don't actually backup the original statement.

Yes, people in the public get what they get, I understand that. Whatever. I'm talking about the people who feel that they have the "right" to this, that, and the other. These are the same people who feel athletes "owe" them X, Y, and Z. I'm not really saying fans shouldn't applaud him when he's funny and good (which is much more often) or "call him out" when he's neither funny nor good. I'm really saying these mouthbreathing, booger-eating meatballs need to stop taking themselves so damn seriously. They watch the games, they don't play them. Yes, fans pay athletes/entertainers salaries yadda, yadda, yadda, but buying tickets and merchandise doesn't mean you get a say on how people live and act.

I certainly might be wrong to think or say that, but fans bag on athletes/entertainers for taking themselves too serious. The fans should go first.

Archived