2009-10 NFL off season thread

Saintsfan

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't see anything when I click...who dat?

Anyway, Jesus signed with Broncos yesterday. Hallelujah!

I know the savior guy is polarizing and people are tired of him, but I really want to see the kid succeed. I just hope they give him time to develop for a couple of years before they throw him to the lions with the rest of the Christians.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Compared to Stafford:

Stafford (2009): 6 years/$72MM/$41.7MM guaranteed/$78MM if all bonuses are achieved

Bradford (2010): 6 years/$78MM/$50MM guaranteed/$86MM if all bonuses are achieved

It is somewhat sad that even this slotted rookie scale has guys get 10% increases immediately at the top.

People here complain about Haynesworth and his contract, but at least he singed a contract which gave him $21MM on after nine seasons of work.

FYI, Haynesworth's contract for this first four years is:

2009: $5MM in signing bonus and $6MM salary

2010: $21MM in option bonus and $5MM salary

2011: $5.4MM salary

2012: $7.2MM salary

He will never see the rest of the seven-year deal as it calls for him to earn $29MM in 2013, $10.8MM in 2014 and $12MM in 2015.

I can't see anything when I click...who dat?

Dat be dis...

pg2_2008tyree_576.jpg

Giants fan or not, one of the greatest Super Bowl Moments of all time. (It's ok, Pats fans, you can look away)

New York Giant Forever, Mr. Tyree

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

pg2_2008tyree_576.jpg

Giants fan or not, one of the greatest Super Bowl Moments of all time. (It's ok, Pats fans, you can look away)

+1. Hell, that whole sequence was probably one of the greatest plays of all-time, from Eli's Great Escape to Mr. Pasty-head here pulling that off all while Rodney Harrison was attempting to alter the physics of Tyree's spine. Yeah...that one's going to live on in high fame.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Eagles trade for JJ Arrington. Does this guy have anything left to contribute?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

pg2_2008tyree_576.jpg

+1. Hell, that whole sequence was probably one of the greatest plays of all-time, from Eli's Great Escape to Mr. Pasty-head here pulling that off all while Rodney Harrison was attempting to alter the physics of Tyree's spine. Yeah...that one's going to live on in high fame.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy, either. Dirty mother:censored:er. :P

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

So, Bradford is signed, as is McCoy, but the Lions have yet to sign Ndamukong Suh, and it sounds like they may not even be close to getting him signed. There are rumors going around that Suh is actually trying to get more money than Sam Bradford. If that is true, it is ridiculous.

MegatronSig2.jpg

So, Bradford is signed, as is McCoy, but the Lions have yet to sign Ndamukong Suh, and it sounds like they may not even be close to getting him signed. There are rumors going around that Suh is actually trying to get more money than Sam Bradford. If that is true, it is ridiculous.

The only reason I can think of, if that is true, is that had the Rams not been so inept as to (think they absolutely) need a QB, he would have been the top pick of the draft, and if that's his (people's) mode of thinking, then perhaps (they) want to be paid as such. I guess kinda the same situation as Darrius Heyward-Bey and Michael Crabtree last year.

Speaking of McCoy (bout time the Buccaneers get some press up in here), the deal is five years, 63.45 mil or something like that, $35M guaranteed.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

pg2_2008tyree_576.jpg

I'm a Chargers fan, and that picture even makes me want to puke, since that's one of the many fluke reasons why Eli got a ring before Philip.

So did Brees. I don't say that to be unkind but I'm curious as to how Chargers fans feel about that fact.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

pg2_2008tyree_576.jpg

I'm a Chargers fan, and that picture even makes me want to puke, since that's one of the many fluke reasons why Eli got a ring before Philip.

So did Brees. I don't say that to be unkind but I'm curious as to how Chargers fans feel about that fact.

Now just imagine the agony Charger Fan will feel if Tomlinson gets himself some new jewelery this February.... ^_^

6uXNWAo.png

Between an LT ring and LeBron shunning his best opportunity to win now by going to the Clippers, Lights Out would probably spontaneously combust. :P

Brees isn't really that much of a sore spot for most Charger fans. Hell, we wish him well these days. The only reason we released him is because he had that horrible injury and Philip Rivers was waiting in the wings to take over anyway.

Eli, though, is definitely a sore spot. Not only did he shun the Chargers on draft day, he also managed to win a Super Bowl before Rivers, who is much better than him. Though, let's be honest here, the defense did all the heavy lifting for that Giants team. When the Chargers finally win, it'll be mainly because of Rivers and maybe Ryan Mathews.

As far as LT getting a ring, I don't like him anymore for classlessly badmouthing the franchise on his way out the door, but honestly, I don't think he'll be anything more than a third-down back with the Jets. If the Jets manage to win a Super Bowl with him, it'll sting, but not as much as when Eli got his ring.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Between an LT ring and LeBron shunning his best opportunity to win now by going to the Clippers, Lights Out would probably spontaneously combust. :P

Guess his lights would really be out then, wouldn't they? :P

pg2_2008tyree_576.jpg

I, for one, was rooting for the Giants in that Super Bowl. As much as I hate Eli, I hated the thought of the Patriots going undefeated more. It was like an election, really. No one I really liked, so I had to pick who I hated less :P

As for Brees, he left the Chargers on good terms, and he's a hell of a player. Plus he won the SB by beating Peyton Manning. So it's all good there.

Archived