Official Super Bowl XLIV Thread

Cujo

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sean Payton's balls got robbed of the MVP award

LOL! Agreed 100%, that onside kick call changed the entire complexion of the game. From that point on it was all Saints, & they went out there & earned it. Great win for the Saints, I'm so happy for the city of New Orleans & all the hardcore fans like Chawls & BlueSky that stuck with that team through thick & thin. The story of BlueSky's dad & his rocky relationship with the Saints is stuck in my head still, I wish he could've seen it. But yeah, I'm happy for all the true fans of that team. 40+ years of suffering & you guys finally win the big one. Congrats, & of course middle finger to all the fans that jumped on the bandwagon back in September & are screamin WHO DAT like they've been there all along.

That being said, I am :censored:ing devastated. Tampa Bay wins the Super Bowl, I don't really care. They've only been rivals for a few years. When Carolina made it, I actually pulled for the Patriots to win. When the Falcons made it, I was excited but in the back of my mind still knew that Elway was gonna crush the hell out of my 10 year old dreams. Now the longtime rivals have won the Super Bowl, & all we had to celebrate was back-to-back winning seasons. Damn shame. I can't wait til the Falcons finally get their act together & win one of these years, 'cause this right here is in no way shape or form good from a Falcons' fan's point of view.

So yeah, congrats to the Saints, but you better bring it in September cuz the Falcons will hopefully be gunning for you.

Sean Payton's balls got robbed of the MVP award

For that 1 interception he got ? I can understand he helped the game, but in the end Drew Brees should be credit. He was on the ball tonight and with out him, they would of lost no doubt.

For the onside kick call to start the second half. It was a gutsy call and changed the momentum of the game. If the Colts get the ball and score the Saints don't come back to win.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the New Orleans police tonight. Maybe they'll just send in the national guard after noon tomorrow to pick up the pieces.

It was a fun game, and congrats to the Saints and their fans.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

At least Jim Caldwell has some consolation in that he's pretty much off the hook now for passing on a shot at an undefeated season. As it turns out, all that would have gotten him and the Colts was to be mentioned forever after in the same breath as Bill Belichick and the hated Patriots.

NFL_NewOrleans_champs.png

CCSLC signature.png

So we shouldn't expect any coaches to rest their star players towards of the end of the regular season anymore, right?

The layoff is not why the Colts lost tonight.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

After all the fans have been through for decades, and after all the city of New Orleans has been through as a whole the past few years, this is very, very well deserved.

Congratulations.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

Was cheering for the Colts, picked the Colts, but very happy for the Saints and their fans. Sadly, I spent my Super Bowl Sunday working an eleven hour day on the flight line where it was ten degrees and snowing all day, just leaving work right after the game went final, so I missed the entire game. As I understand it, Sean Payton made some ballsy calls, like the onside kick to start the second half -- it's refreshing to see a coach who's not afraid to face the criticism for making a bold decision, so I'm very happy that said calls worked out for him.

I still find it hard to cheer for a team who's fans chant such a grammatical cluster-:censored: of a phrase. :grin:

IUe6Hvh.png

Who is that who had proclaimed that they were going to defeat the New Orleans Saints?

Great Game, I feel so spoiled watching these past 3 super bowls. great game, congrats NOLA

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

So we shouldn't expect any coaches to rest their star players towards of the end of the regular season anymore, right?

Well, I don't remember many of the Saints' starters playing much in Week 17, either. Brees didn't play in that game.

Congrats to the Saints, you've certainly earned it.

Lions turn?

-Dan

I could only wish. I think next year however will be the Texans turn to show up in the first ever Super Bowl appearance. But I think if the Lions do, I will be most excited

Lions turn?

-Dan

I could only wish. I think next year however will be the Texans turn to show up in the first ever Super Bowl appearance. But I think if the Lions do, I will be most excited

With the Lions luck, it will be Martz and Marinelli going instead.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Archived