vs.

Indianapolis Colts

AFC #1 Seed (16-2)

Analysis. Thoughts. Predictions.

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too early for an exact prediction, I just hope this game lives up to what XLII did in the 4th Quarter and what XLIII did in the 2nd Half. But after thoroughly watching both the games today. You would have to think the Colts will be favored heading in but probably only by 3 or 4.

I'm leaning towards the Colts right now though.

Β 

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Β 

I think the Colts win comfortably. If Peyton Manning picked apart the best defense in the league, I don't see how one of the worst defenses in the league stands much of a chance -- especially if Peyton has two weeks to study 'em. I think Freeney and company get just enough pressure on Brees to force a few stops.

Colts - 38, Saints -28

IUe6Hvh.png

I don't know who the hell to pick....

Colts - I grew up in Indiana (although I became a Bengals fan over the years) and lived in Indiana all my life except for 2 years in Cincy and the 2+ years here in New Orleans

or

Saints - I live here, Mardi Gras will be even more awesome if they win, and if I root for the Colts my girl probably won't touch me for the next six months.

I think that may have just decided it.

As a match up, I wonder if the Saints might not be in quite a good position actually. The Colts are clearly a passing team, and you could accuse there offense of lacking balance. That could make it easier for the Saints to defend against than the more balanced Vikings offense. (Although of course Manning is the best passer in the game!)

The Saints offense, particularly if Reggie Bush shows up, will be the best the Colts have faced, certainly in terms of balance, for a good while. That and Brees is a great passer as well.

Potentially could be a great game of football, if both teams show up.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

The is the first SB in quite some time where I genuinely don't care who wins. That is, I'd be equally happy if each team won, rather than having a clear team to root against (Steelers, Pats, Bears, Steelers, Pats, Pats, Raiders, Pats....)

On one hand you have Manning trying to cement his legacy as the best QB the league has ever seen if he wins. On the other, you have America's New Team, and a city who deserves it more than anyone.

Just hoping for a close game....I'll call it Colts 31- Saints 27

as I said in the poll thread, 34-27 (ish) Saints. No way Brees and company make it this far and don't finish. I actually believe we can limit (not stop) Manning by doing what we did to Favre late in the game (Note: sans the Shiancoe catches, who earned my respect) by rushing the edge and dropping the rest in coverage. We just have to stop their 15+ yard throws and keep the running game in between the tackles and the Saints come home to all the king cake they can eat.

Also, this is for Dilliberto. RIP Buddy, we wish you could see this.

Difficult takes a day, Impossible takes a week

The is the first SB in quite some time where I genuinely don't care who wins. That is, I'd be equally happy if each team won, rather than having a clear team to root against (Steelers, Pats, Bears, Steelers, Pats, Pats, Raiders, Pats....)

On one hand you have Manning trying to cement his legacy as the best QB the league has ever seen if he wins. On the other, you have America's New Team, and a city who deserves it more than anyone.

Just hoping for a close game....I'll call it Colts 31- Saints 27

I agree on one point and disagree on another.

1. I'd like to see the Saints win the game but I'm OK with wither team.

2. Peyton Manning is Dan Marino with a SB ring. Win or lose, he's still not in Joe Montana's league. Or John Elway's. Or Tom Brady's. Just ask yourself this question; who would you rather have at QB if you have one minute left, you're on your own 20, and you need a TD to win the game? Of the QBs mentioned, if I'm putting a percentage on who gets the job done I see it like this...

Montana: 80%

Elway: 75%

Brady: 70%

Manning or Marino: 50/50.

And that's the difference.

Peyton Manning, while certainly an all-time great, is not better than Elway or Montana. He may have better stats than they had but so did Dan Marino.

Just trying to get a good argument started. :D

Β 

BB52Big.jpg

Β 

Β 

Β 

In a repeat of Super Bowl XXIV (DEN-SF), Indianapolis will slaughter the Saints 55-10. After watching the Saints barely beat the Vikings who turned the ball over 5 times, and they gave up 28 points, welcome to the past blowout Super Bowls as Indy will slice and dice that porous Saints defense. If you're giving Peyton Manning two weeks to look at the film of that bad defense, then if you watch something on that day, watch the ads, because that will be the only entertainment. If the Jets who had this supposed great defense was suppose to be the Colts and gave up 30 points, do you really think a team that gave up 28 points to a team that turned the ball over 5 times have a chance? I don't think so. This is Joe Montana vs. John Elway again and that was ugly the first time.

Β 

Β 

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the Saints are going to flat out embarass the Colts. Manning will throw a couple picks because of the veteran secondary, Brees will have a day and throw for 300+ with the majority of it in the 2nd half, and Bush and Thomas will be combined for 100+ rushing. The points may not show the difference but the statistics will say it all. 27-21 Saints.

If Peyton ends up on his ass as much as St. Brett did yesterday, the Saints might just win this game. If not though, it'll be a rout.

When is Peyton ever on his ass half as much as Favre was on Sunday? They don't have the secondary to be successful blitzing Peyton all day. Again, if the Jets couldn't keep Manning from hanging 30, how are the Saints going to?

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived