XXI Olympic Winter Games

WJMorris3

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the win, The U.S. can have either the top seed or the 2nd seed in the Medal Round, it all depends on how the Sweden-Finland game goes. Either way, it's an extra day off

Canada falls to 6th place and will have to face 11th seed Germany in the Opening Round on Tuesday.

Here's a thought to make Canadians lose some sleep for the rest of the week: Does this game provide a blueprint for Germany et al to beat them now that it's single-elimination? A blueprint like, I don't know, crash the net like it's going out of style, keep a body or two in front of Brodeur and hope he still can't save what he can't see?

CCSLC signature.png

Luongo will start against Germany.

And I really hope Mike Babcock knocks it off with the Mike Keenan school of line juggling and use Nash-Crosby-Iginla on the first line. They generated the most scoring chances and were easily the three best forwards for Canada.

This was a classic too bad it might be the last one till at least 2014.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

The last few minutes of that game are exactly why I'm a fan of olympic hockey & why I'm a fan of hockey in general. Freakin ridiculous. Great to see the U.S. beat Canada for the first time in 50 years(!!!).

And with the loss, Canada either gets Russia or Finland (if they lose in OT) assuming they beat the Germans, correct?

Correct I wouldn't want either Finland or Russia.

And speaking of Finland/Sweden. Hopefully Finland can score 5 Goals and knock the States down to 2nd.

SUOMI!!!!!

The loss for this game falls straight onto Brodeur's shoulders. Why he got rewarded for a poor performance against the Swiss is beyond me.

In all fairness, that Swiss team is very underrated. The US only won 3-1, and Switzerland beat Norway 5-4. For a team with 2 NHL players (Hiller, Streit) and a career AHL'er (Domenichelli), to put up that much of a fight against two of the world's top teams is quite impressive.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

And with the loss, Canada either gets Russia or Finland (if they lose in OT) assuming they beat the Germans, correct?

And speaking of Finland/Sweden. Hopefully Finland can score 5 Goals and knock the States down to 2nd.

SUOMI!!!!!

Oh, is it goals scored not goal differential?

6fQjS3M.png

SUOMI!!!!!

Oh, is it goals scored not goal differential?

I think it is GD. USA is 14 For with differential of 9, Finland has 10 for and also has a 9 differential. It will be very close but if Kipper and Lundqvist have there way it will be 1-0 type game.

SUOMI!!!!!

Finland/Sweden is a toss up they will be lucky to even get a win.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Here's a thought to make Canadians lose some sleep for the rest of the week: Does this game provide a blueprint for Germany et al to beat them now that it's single-elimination? A blueprint like, I don't know, crash the net like it's going out of style, keep a body or two in front of Brodeur and hope he still can't save what he can't see?

If by blueprint you mean hope to hell Brodeur mishandles the puck as many times as he did tonight, then yes other teams may have a hope in hell. In reality Germany is in real real tough. Canada outshot the USA almost 2 to 1, and only lost because Miller was outstanding. If the Germans can put out a goalie close to the calibre of Miller, they may have a chance. If not...I would bet my entire life (and the lives of my closest friends) on Canada advancing.

1zqy8ok.gif

Archived