Super Bowl trend

Buffalo

I think since super bowl 19 the NFC has won 16 super bowls.....

19, 23, 24, 29: San Francisco

20: Chicago

21, 25, 42: NY Giants

22, 26: Washington

27, 28, 30: Dallas

31: Green Bay

34: St. Louis

44: New Orleans

37: Tampa Bay

The NFC won a 13 games in a row between Super Bowls 19 and 31.

6uXNWAo.png

Since 2001, the AFC has sent only three teams to the Super Bowl: Patriots, Steelers and Colts.

The last two NFC champions were previously teams that had never before appeared in a Super Bowl.

The last four Super Bowls have been won by the "visiting" team.

The NFC has won the last nine Super Bowls to feature teams with the same seeding. (#44 was the first time in 13 years the two conference #1 seeds had met.)

Interesting, Super Bowls that are rematches of regular season games are more often won by the team that lost in the regular season. (Examples include 2001 Patriots, 2007 Giants.)

Since 2001, the AFC has sent only three teams to the Super Bowl: Patriots, Steelers and Colts.

The last two NFC champions were previously teams that had never before appeared in a Super Bowl.

The last four Super Bowls have been won by the "visiting" team.

The NFC has won the last nine Super Bowls to feature teams with the same seeding. (#44 was the first time in 13 years the two conference #1 seeds had met.)

Interesting, Super Bowls that are rematches of regular season games are more often won by the team that lost in the regular season. (Examples include 2001 Patriots, 2007 Giants.)

That should be 2002. The Raiders played in the Super Bowl in 2003.

What about the Raiders?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The eight teams that made up the AFL have 10 wins and 16 loses in the SuperBowl. All have been to the Superbowl.

The twelve the teams in the NFL before the creation of the AFL are 24-13 in the Superbowl (assuming You're not counting The Baltimore Ravens win, otherwise it's 25-13.) Of those teams all but the Detroit Lions and Cleveland Browns have been to the Superbowl.

The Minnesota Vikings, losers of four superbowls were the last pre-merger champions of the NFL. (the Superbowl was separate until the merger)

Of the pre-AFL teams all had been NFL champions at one point except for the Pittsburgh Steelers. Ironically, The Steelers have been the most successful post merger team, winning six Superbowls.

The Minnesota Vikings, losers of four superbowls were the last pre-merger champions of the NFL. (the Superbowl was separate until the merger)

That's one of my favorite little pieces of trivia - in the nearly 90-year history of the league, the 1968 Colts and 1969 Vikings are the only teams to be NFL champions but not World Champions.

I think since super bowl 19 the NFC has won 16 super bowls.....

19, 23, 24, 29: San Francisco

20: Chicago

21, 25, 42: NY Giants

22, 26: Washington

27, 28, 30: Dallas

31: Green Bay

34: St. Louis

44: New Orleans

The NFC won a 13 games in a row between Super Bowls 19 and 31.

Edited....Forgot about Tampa Bay

That's one of my favorite little pieces of trivia - in the nearly 90-year history of the league, the 1968 Colts and 1969 Vikings are the only teams to be NFL champions but not World Champions.

The still living players from the AAFC and the 1960-66 AFL would take issue with that statement.

nav-logo.png

They're certainly free to do so. But they were both minor leagues which managed to merge themselves with the major league. Until they broke into the highest ranks of the sport, their league champions were just that.

I'm sure the 1902 A's liked to think of themselves as world champs as well, but they were a year too early, and wishing does not make it so.

Archived