Indiana Pacers Re-Brand

bohob

I have to strongly disagree with you ESTONES6. I understand what you are saying and agree with the analogy not working on the Celtics et al. But the Pacers seem to be one of the exceptions. It seems to me that "Pacers" as a mascot specifically refers to the racing that Indy is known for. So I think this actually works in this concept.

RE the car itself. I still think the front wheels look too big in relation to the back. Definitely think the inclusion of the partial wheel is an improvement. Also have to second the others opinions that the wordmark overshadows the car. Work on that and I think you have a winner. If you could make the wheels work as bball's that would be an added bonus.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the goodyear idea. Or you could try to work a checkered flag type pattern into a stylized monogram. Even though I like Pacers as a regionally appropriate name, it's not the easiest thing to build an identity from. I give you props for even trying to take this one on...

The one thing that bugs me, is that a pacer is a horse racing term. So and Indy car would seem werid. But he logo itself is pretty good.

It's for both horse racing and the tradition of the Indy 500

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

I like the combined mark. Each part of it can still stand on its own.

The front wheels are definitely out of proportion/perspective. While everything else is sloping down-left, the line between the top of the two sets of wheels is headed up-left.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Flip the car around to face right and that may help with the speed. To me, seeing it come in from the right and facing left makes it look like its coming in to park. Seeing in face right makes it look like its speeding past. Especially when paired with a wordmark that will of course be read left to right, if the car is coming right to left it negates the movement of the logo.

This is really starting to come together

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

still dont like it. the perspective of the word mark and car still dosnt fit together, it looks akward. you're still using an F1 car which is primarily a European race car, the only US race they have is in Indy. i think you NEED to use an actual IRL Indy Car, but like i said, the body/chassis design is changing in 2012, so maybe an antique car could be best. (http://blogs.indianapolismotorspeedway.com/theexperience/files/2009/06/1911-marmon-wasp-on-track.JPG)

the ball on the front of the car just looks like you're trying too hard to fit it in. dont try to force anything or tr to be too literal. i would do without the basketball all together

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

UPDATE TIME

I made some adjustments to the car itself, including the front fender and wheel sizing. I also put basketballs on the rims on one version. There are two versions of the wordmark to choose from as well. Please let me know which car and which wordmark would work best.

pacers_primary4.jpg

I love what you are trying to do. But do you need the entire car do make that statement. An Indy car has such a distinctive profile, perhaps less is more? And the basketballs on the wheels are a great addition.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

I still dont see enough movement from the car... and that being the case maybe you shouldn't try. Ditch the motion lines and put the VERY nicly rendered car inside a circle crest. that way you don't need as much movement. You can maybe have the bottom of the car sticking out...

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

still dont like it. the perspective of the word mark and car still dosnt fit together, it looks akward. you're still using an F1 car which is primarily a European race car, the only US race they have is in Indy. i think you NEED to use an actual IRL Indy Car, but like i said, the body/chassis design is changing in 2012, so maybe an antique car could be best. (http://blogs.indianapolismotorspeedway.com/theexperience/files/2009/06/1911-marmon-wasp-on-track.JPG)

the ball on the front of the car just looks like you're trying too hard to fit it in. dont try to force anything or tr to be too literal. i would do without the basketball all together

We lost that like, 3 years ago I think.

Anyways, like the front on/original car more than the other.

6fQjS3M.png

We lost that like, 3 years ago I think.

Anyways, like the front on/original car more than the other.

wow, i didnt even realize. thats what Orlando will do to ya i guess, LOL

bohob, the logo with the current Indy car looks so much better in my opinion. its instantly recognizable as an IRL car, and you did a great job of illustrating it. the perspective works great with the word mark as well. i wouldnt change anythhing about that one. the car even has the Indianapolis wings on it (they have a specific set for the Indy 500) so it ties in perfectly

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

It's hard to say for me. I like the logo as it is now. But for an NBA team, I just can't see it. I understand the reasoning for the car, but look at it from outside that state, and I think it seems random. There's got to be a way to have that element included but with basketball as the main statement rather than the car.

Again, it looks great. Just doesn't look like a basketball logo.

Archived