Ever notice the similarities between the B.C. Eagles and the Philadelphia Eagles?

Quillz

I'm sure I'm not the only one to notice the similarities between the Boston College Eagles logo and the Philadelphia Eagles logo:

eagles1.pngeagles2.png

I've found that if you make the orientation and tilt angle the same and then give them identical colors, they look extremely similar. I wonder if maybe both logos came from the same design firm?

Seeing as they're both supposed to be Eagle heads, there is enough difference for them to be considered significant. Not much more change you can make without making them a different bird.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I've never liked that BC logo - especially since the one it replaced was so great:

bc-logo-600.jpg

While the Phila. Eagles head is a great logo, this BC logo would be an excellent update of the Phila. Eagles' previous logo, and would make for a great alt.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Thankfully, the eagle head is hardly used by BC athletics. I hate it with a passion. It is very unnecessary. I am hoping that when Under Armour takes over the contract in July, they put the full body eagle back on the sleeves. However, the BC with the full eagle is still used 90% of the time.

BCBannersSig.png

the head on BC's old fullbody eagle looks more like the philly eagle than the current head-only BC eagle...

the luxury edition has so much more eagle. It saddens me to think of you missing out.

What do you mean by the "luxury edition?" I do know of the other Boston College Eagles logos, and I agree the full-bodies logos are better than just the head.

The eagle head is used on the football sleeves, and on the basketball shorts (at least it was for 2007-8 and 08-09).

The eagle head is only used on the basketball team's gold alternate shorts and, obviously, the football sleeves.

The best BC Eagles logo, IMO, is this one:

bdlz81qi35g2ksnhx3j1f0epm.gif

Ferocious, yet unique. Would have worked well for Philly as well with a color change.

I actually don't mind this logo but it is ridiculed by a lot of BC fans as the "angry chicken" logo.

BCBannersSig.png

The best BC Eagles logo, IMO, is this one:

bdlz81qi35g2ksnhx3j1f0epm.gif

Ferocious, yet unique. Would have worked well for Philly as well with a color change.

Yeah, it looks pretty nice. I still prefer the "eagle head" logo from the side to this one, though.

I also agree that it would work well with a color change as an alternate Philly logo.

Archived