2009-10 NHL Season Part 2

NEW.ERA

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Habs clinch playoff birth, but I cannot blame anyone on the team who were visibly upset by the OT loss. That's just the way it is with non playoff teams. They always feed on making the end of the season very hard for those who made it.

Oh come now :P

Go Leafs go!

Did Mike Emerich just say that there should be a trophy for most points by a defenseman?

Yeah, While Mike Green was on screen. I suppose because the common wisdom says that Green won't win the Norris because of his defensive flaws, even if he does lead defensemen in scoring.

The other day at the park I thought I heard Doc Emrick tell me a goal had just been scored but it turned out it was just a crow :(

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Ovechkin went pointless, Crosby would need 9 points. Therefore, Henrik Sedin has officially won the Art Ross.

Edit: Flyers/Rangers ultimatum for the 8th seed is playing right now. This is going to be a great afternoon of hockey. ^_^

Winner of rangers-Flyers goes to the 'offs

Thank you for making me a Philly fan for one day.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

It's insane to me that six of the eight western playoff teams have 100 points - count em, six - and besides that, the Kings are seventh with 99. Thats a tough conference, and that's gonna make for some good playoff hockey. Can't wait!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Flyers fan. Hate the shootout. But then again I was hoping they would have lost. I'd rather see some real change and progress with this team for the better. Now they're a playoff team, will probably play New Jersey and beat them (since they've had their number all year) then get smoked in the second round. Suddenly an overpaid, underachieving team can be defended with "hey, we went to the second round." Oh well. It's such mixed emotions because I don't want to see my team fail, but I wanted them to lose so they could, ultimately, win. Here's hoping... Boucher... catches..... fire...... :|

Archived