Big East Football concepts

dgnmrwrw

Here's the Big East. Notes: Sorry for the West Virginia yellow. Again, the conversion to .png washed it out and changed the hue. I'm not sure about the use of yellow in Louisville. I really wanted to play it up, because I think it looks so great with the red and black, but others might not think it should be used so heavily by Louisville. Yes, I used the Husky on the UConn helmet. I love that logo, and I think it's a stronger icon and a better developed part of the UConn identity than the C is. Finally, I've made orange the dominant color for the Syracuse Orange. Go Figure.

Cincinnati Home | Home Alt | Road | Road Alt

Connecticut Home | Road | Road Alt

Louisville Home | Road | Road Alt

Pittsburgh Home | Road | Road Alt

Rutgers Home | Road | Road Alt

South Florida Home | Road | Road Alt

Syracuse Home | Home Alt | Road | Road Alt

West Virginia Home | Home Alt | Road | Road Alt

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I too think it's about time the Cuse go with an orange primary. The horns on the USF pants are awesome also.

My favorite of this group is Pitt. One thing I appreciate in your work are the times you go back a bit in uniform history and in that one you went back to the style of that era (Marino's) without going back to that shade of gold. Well-played.

My only gripe is the Rutgers "R". I know its the in the script, but I don't think it's helmet-worthy.

7824_large.jpg

I can't help but look at the Louisville one and I keep seeing Maryland. Just the color combo I guess. I would leave it to red, black, and white. I think it would be wise to keep the 'Ville and Rutger's chest wordmarks because it helps identify the teams. I think USF and WVU have some funky striping going on there. I do like the collar on WVU how it goes to the back, though. Pitt is flawless. Best of the bunch.

I would love to see Cincinnati change the uniforms to those, with only one exception: three claw marks instead of two. Other than that I see nothing but great work here again.

How about 4 claw marks? The logo on the helmet has 4 little claws.

I would love to see Cincinnati change the uniforms to those, with only one exception: three claw marks instead of two. Other than that I see nothing but great work here again.

How about 4 claw marks? The logo on the helmet has 4 little claws.

I was trying to keep it consistent with the basketball uniform, which has three in the same area.

Very good work. My favorite of the conference is Connecticut. It's a great looking uniform and the touches of red look really good. I liked the design on the Louisville uniforms, but like some else said, I only see Maryland when I look at it.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Yeah - IMO, the UConn C is a great helmet logo, much better than the Husky. From a distance, the husky would just look like a white mess. Go with the C, or a custom UConn script (maybe '80s Giants style, but better.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I love the South Florida uniforms! The horns are great on the pants and everything seems to flow really well. Nice work!

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I like all of them, actually. One thing about Rutgers bothers me though. You have a very traditional block number-set, but the helmet logo is the modern shaded R.

I would either put the traditional R on there, or experiment with different number fonts. As it stands now, the two clash a little bit.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Thanks to everyone for replying. I got some really good feedback. To conserve space, I'll just respond to issues for each team instead of quoting everyone.

First up, the Pittsburgh road alternate. A suggestion was made to switch the blue pants to white. While I do like the look of blue pants (so they will be staying in the set), I have to admit an affinity for all-white road sets, in case anyone hasn't already noticed. And I agree that the all-white does really work here. So I'm adding another road option for Pitt.

Pittsburgh Road Alternate 2

I've already stated my love for the UConn Husky logo, but I can certainly understand legibility issues when using it on a helmet. So here's another UConn look, with the C on the helmet instead. What do you think? Husky helmet or C helmet?

Connecticut helmet option 2

As I thought might happen, some people didn't like all the yellow on Louisville's set, which I can understand. So I'm presenting a bit of a different look here. First, I dropped the yellow striping. Secondly, I added the wordmark above the numbers. And finally, I used an italicized font to match the wordmark. Is this an improvement?

Louisville option 2

There was good discussion about the Cincy claw marks, and I admit I wasn't sure how to do them. Let me explain why I did what I did. At first, I was going to do three stripes, like they currently use. But then I decided to try four, because (as someone else mentioned) there are four claws in the logo. But that got really busy on the shoulders, so I decided to split up the four marks, with two on each shoulder. It's not a perfect solution, but looking at each option, I thought it was the best. I'm still open to changing this if a majority of people seem to think that three or even four would be better.

The other major discussion seemed to be about the Rutgers helmet logo/numeral typeface. I'm partial to the logo I used on the helmet because it fits into their identity better, and the R they currently use is incredibly bland and generic. So I'll probably be going back and reworking the jersey numerals to match the style of the helmet logo.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Archived