NFL Concepts

LEWJ

*takes a deep breath*

I applaud you for your attempt, but in my honest opinion their current set is untouchable. I do think that pant stripe is a little more panther-like, but other than that it'd be a downgrade.

Not sure how any designer could ever utter those words. Nothing is untouchable. Some things are just harder to improve than others. Especially on a concept forum, everything is fair game.

That being said, what are you talking about when you say their "unique shade of black" that's "almost navy"? How is their black not... well, black?

Yea I know that doesn't make much sense, and I figured it might raise some eyebrows.

But I figured most would know what I'm referring to, which is this; there current shade of [what people think is] black, really is a dark shade of blue (I guess you could say). That probably makes more sense haha.

What do you think of the concept itself?

No, I'm pretty certain their black is actually black.

From CW's excellent SSUR.org database....

CarolinaPanthers_FRC_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

actually its hard to tell but when you look at the color next to a true black it does have a little bit of blue in it

black.png

I'm pretty sure "true black" doesn't exist. The Panthers have a slightly lighter shade of black, and it may contain a slight blue tint, but that doesn't make it a dark shade of blue like LEWJ claimed. It's still black.

Geez, I didn't mean to start any kind of big time discussion here. I was hoping to hear a little bit more about the uniforms themself.

Sorry, you have no one but yourself to blame. You claimed that the Panthers didn't use black, when in fact they actually do. It would be like if I posted a NY Giants concept with a different shade of blue and claimed what they're currently wearing isn't blue. That comment would (rightfully) get more attention then the concept itself. Same case here.

Anyway onto the uniforms. Losing silver is an interesting idea, but I don't think it really works. First, there are to many teams with white helmets. Tied to that point, it seems like you might be encroaching on Titans' territory. A southern team in light blue and a white helmet. Finally, and this is just purely personal on my point, I don't think it looks as good as the current version with the silver. Not sure why, I just prefer it with the silver.

Also, I'm not a fan of the striping on the pants and helmet. The helmet striping seems strangely traditional given the stripes used on the jerseys and pants. Interestingly enough, the current helmet stripes would work with your concept more then the ones you've created. Finally, the pants stripes. I just don't like them. Again, it's just a personal thing. They just aren't my thing.

*takes a deep breath*

I applaud you for your attempt, but in my honest opinion their current set is untouchable. I do think that pant stripe is a little more panther-like, but other than that it'd be a downgrade.

Not sure how any designer could ever utter those words. Nothing is untouchable. Some things are just harder to improve than others. Especially on a concept forum, everything is fair game.

That being said, what are you talking about when you say their "unique shade of black" that's "almost navy"? How is their black not... well, black?

Yea I know that doesn't make much sense, and I figured it might raise some eyebrows.

But I figured most would know what I'm referring to, which is this; there current shade of [what people think is] black, really is a dark shade of blue (I guess you could say). That probably makes more sense haha.

What do you think of the concept itself?

No, I'm pretty certain their black is actually black.

From CW's excellent SSUR.org database....

CarolinaPanthers_FRC_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

actually its hard to tell but when you look at the color next to a true black it does have a little bit of blue in it

black.png

I'm pretty sure "true black" doesn't exist. The Panthers have a slightly lighter shade of black, and it may contain a slight blue tint, but that doesn't make it a dark shade of blue like LEWJ claimed. It's still black.

i wasnt saying it was a dark blue like LEWJ was but i was just stating that it did have some blue in it and i didnt mean true black i meant that darkest black that you can get on a computer

Well I apologize for starting this fiasco; thanks for the input on the unis though.

(For some reason I remember someone else also stating that it actually was a very dark blue, but I guess I'm not the one to talk too haha.)

I plan on doing a Titans concept as well, to differentiate them from this set.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Well, I think I've got the hang of this, again. I've decided to give another team a tweaking.

This time it's the Carolina Panthers.

The Panthers current uniform set is a mess, in my opinion. I still don't understand why they have a silver pair of pants and a white pair of pants... Or why they have black striping on their helmet, yet the pants have blue striping. SO I decided to both steamline the design and add some consistency. My goal for this set was to successfully make light blue the primary color, while keeping them from looking like the Titans or Lions.

Now the biggest change I made was eliminating silver all together, it's much easier to work with three colors, than four; and to be honest the silver wasn't doing much for me. Second, I made the pant striping a bit more interesting, more steamlined. Then I went ahead and made the helmet white, which goes much better with the white pants (which are the primary option for both jerseys, the blue ones are there because I knew someone would ask to see some hah). Finally, I edited the number font slightly so that it isn't the plain old varsity block. Hope everyone likes my updates, I'd love to hear some C&C.

PANTHERS12.png

PANTHERS22.png

I think the socks for all the sets should be solid colors (no stripes). As for the all-white set, make those socks blue. the road set with the blue pants should have solid black socks. Though I should mention that I like everything else about the design scheme. For bonus points, add a collar wordmark, though it's not necessary.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I thought RBK "standardized" a lot of the colors that teams used, so that there were fewer unique shades of similar colors. Meaning that Raiders black was the same as Falcons black was the same as Panthers black, etc. Obviously, Eagles green and Seahawks blue would be exempt, but Packers green and Jets green is the same IIRC.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I thought RBK "standardized" a lot of the colors that teams used, so that there were fewer unique shades of similar colors. Meaning that Raiders black was the same as Falcons black was the same as Panthers black, etc. Obviously, Eagles green and Seahawks blue would be exempt, but Packers green and Jets green is the same IIRC.

You could be right. That would make a lot of sense.

Maybe it's just the logo colors?

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

• 2 weeks later...

Archived