College Football Uniforms 2010-2011

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0412_jmsullivan_g_day_433.jpgWashaun+Ealey+2009+UGA+vs+GT+Georgia+Bulldogs+Tech+Yellow+Jackets.jpg

I bet they were wearing practice pants. Often, practice pants are old game pants. Translation: matte pants are here to stay.
Well I remembered Georgia's G logo being on the side stripes of the pants back in the early 2000s...but I double checked and in 2004 it appears they moved it to the front right leg...so you are probably right.

Brave-Bird my friend. You might of stumbled upon something here. Forget this ACC fan and his lack of knowing about real traditions. I think Richt has brought back real silver britches. :boogie: The britches have been grey sense the overhaul. If they were practice pants (old game pants) then how did they go from matte to shiney? (Read, Coach realized that the Bulldawgs hadnt been playing like Bulldawgs with grey pants so changed them this year back to silver like they wore in his best season ('02) and like UGA is suppose to wear.)

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

I just want to see them update the uniforms in there for 2011, so we can all get peeks at them! Also, yeah. They could be old old pants from 2002, 2003, or 2004, but I think 2004 was the only year they were silver with the G logo on the front of the leg instead of on the side stripes.

What makes me think they are new as that me and my cousin both looked for someone wearing matte pants, or silver pants with the G on the side stripes, and none were seen. Plus, I remember GT debuting their new gold shells last year in spring camp...and everyone said the shells were just old. Turned out they switched back.

I have a feeling UGA is doing the same thing. Only time will tell I guess.

::edit::

you can tell in this video. everyone seems to be wearing uniform pants. no matte or silver with g on side to be seen. me thinks we have returned the authentic look of UGA football!

Brave-Bird my friend. You might of stumbled upon something here. Forget this ACC fan and his lack of knowing about real traditions. I think Richt has brought back real silver britches. :boogie: The britches have been grey sense the overhaul. If they were practice pants (old game pants) then how did they go from matte to shiney? (Read, Coach realized that the Bulldawgs hadnt been playing like Bulldawgs with grey pants so changed them this year back to silver like they wore in his best season ('02) and like UGA is suppose to wear.)

Simple, they are that old. If we went by everything worn in the Spring Games, one of FSU's back up QBs would be wearing a jersey from the 90s

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Simple, they are that old. If we went by everything worn in the Spring Games, one of FSU's back up QBs would be wearing a jersey from the 90s

But, if they are THAT OLD, then that means the entire team was wearing the pants from 2004. The entire team? Nobody was wearing matte pants. And nobody was wearing the silver pants from 2000-2003. I just find that interesting.

you could be right tho. its possible they just held onto the 2004 pants.

Oh I got what yah mean for teambuilder, I have no clue.

The G was on the hip through '03 and moved to the front in '04. And from the pics that I can find of Greene's Senior Game they weren't as shiney as last year ('03) but not completely matte. Wait scratch that. This is from the '04 LSU game.

1002200412.jpg

Thats def matte. So I think its safe to say that in the Richt era...

'01-'03 Silver Britches with G on hip

'04-'09 Grey Britches with G on left leg. ('09 UF Black Britches, promtly buried in Oconee Hills upon return to Athens)

SOOOOOO there's never been Silver Britches with the G on the left leg...till now ;):boogie:(dance):winner::D

I'm actually in Athens so I'll stop by Butts-Mehre Monday and see if I can get some sort of confirmation.

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

But, if they are THAT OLD, then that means the entire team was wearing the pants from 2004. The entire team? Nobody was wearing matte pants. And nobody was wearing the silver pants from 2000-2003. I just find that interesting.

you could be right tho. its possible they just held onto the 2004 pants.

Even if they were '04 pants. How were they all that clean and crisp? That white is...well white. The '04 dawgs were way to physical to have their britches stainless and to hold for 6 years. Also, why would they only wear them NOW? UGA has always worn game pants in the spring game. It just doesn't add up.

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

:boogie:

You know what happened the last time we went from non-silver to silver britches?! Hint: It was Hershal's freshmen season. Pres Adams must be dieing slowly with the return of a tradition that he ran off after he fired Dooley.

Also, I wonder if you'll be able to tell a difference in NCAA 11? Arent they focusing on reflective and stuff this year?

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

3.jpg

Could TCU being going with the Pro-Combat this year?

doubt it, i think that was just to show that the pro-combat uniforms will be in this years game

They had the Army and Navy special alts in last years game. So that screencap means nothing as far as what TCU's going to wear.

Well if all of last year's pro combats are in there that will be awesome! Also, I'm hoping they sneak UGA's black helmet and black pants into their combo set, along with the black jersey, even though all three garments have been closeted until further notice (until we win something).

I'm not sure if the game will focus on the pants or not, id be suprised considering no one in Athens has come out and said a change was made.

Also, on the game, UGA's helmet stripe differs wideness depending on the helmet. The first helmet option with the ridge has the correct width helmet stripe...but the other two basic helmet options and the revo and dna have the wide stripe from 2005. That always bugs the crap out of me. Hope they fix that. There, that is all of the homer comments im leaving.

I was looking through the Wisconsin Spring Game photo gallery and it looks like the motion "W" is returning to the left chest of the red jersey only. Not sure if it is still on the rear above the nameplate as well.

Those are old jerseys from previous years. Wisconsin isn't making a change.

I was looking through the Wisconsin Spring Game photo gallery and it looks like the motion "W" is returning to the left chest of the red jersey only. Not sure if it is still on the rear above the nameplate as well.

Those are old jerseys from previous years. Wisconsin isn't making a change.

Good call, looks like you're right.

Thanks to someone from ncaastrategies.com, I have been able to access the new team builder site for NCAA Football 11. Along with the new uniforms already posted in this thread, I can confirm that TCU, UCLA, Arizona, Akron, and Northwestern have new uniforms. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post pictures of them on this board or not so I will hold off on doing so unless someone can inform me otherwise.

Edit - Akron's new uniforms were from last year but were not featured in last year's game.

Are we able to pick pro style socks and which brand of shoe our create teams wear? That's what I'd like to see besides the Pro Combat unis and Cal's uniforms which weren't in there last year

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Thanks to someone from ncaastrategies.com, I have been able to access the new team builder site for NCAA Football 11. Along with the new uniforms already posted in this thread, I can confirm that TCU, UCLA, Arizona, Akron, and Northwestern have new uniforms. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post pictures of them on this board or not so I will hold off on doing so unless someone can inform me otherwise.

Edit- Akron's new uniforms were from last year but were not featured in last year's game.

If you have a teambuilder ID from last year, you can access it here:

My link

AU-USU-Scoreboard.gif

Archived