College Football Uniforms 2010-2011

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Black facemask for Arkansas? I'd rather they didn't.

Well i don't know,because in the video there was the helmet w/ the white facemask in the video as well,so i guess we gonna have to wait and see on this one.

untitled-1.jpg

Black facemask for Arkansas? I'd rather they didn't.

Well i don't know,because in the video there was the helmet w/ the white facemask in the video as well,so i guess we gonna have to wait and see on this one.

untitled-1.jpg

they probably are just undecided because it looks like the helmet with the black facemask is right behind it

I speak for hundreds of Hog fans on message boards when I say, most every fan is against the black facemask.

Pump the brakes on the black facemask hate for a minute. Black facemasks are often used in photoshoots, especially when they're doing a closeup of an athlete's face.

We went thru this at Tennessee last year. The professional photographer we used to shoot Eric Berry closeups for promos and for the back panel of the jumbrotron used a black facemask to prevent the traditional white one from washing out his features. Once we printed the pictures, the fanbase went nuts to the point we had to issue a release saying the facemasks were staying white. It was a disaster.

It turned out that when we went back to the photographer, he had used the same black facemasks with two athletes before and it had gone unnoticed by the fans, including the media guide cover in 2005.

Use some patience before hitting the panic button. It's likely just for the shoot.

I speak for hundreds of Hog fans on message boards when I say, most every fan is against the black facemask.

Pump the brakes on the black facemask hate for a minute. Black facemasks are often used in photoshoots, especially when they're doing a closeup of an athlete's face.

We went thru this at Tennessee last year. The professional photographer we used to shoot Eric Berry closeups for promos and for the back panel of the jumbrotron used a black facemask to prevent the traditional white one from washing out his features. Once we printed the pictures, the fanbase went nuts to the point we had to issue a release saying the facemasks were staying white. It was a disaster.

It turned out that when we went back to the photographer, he had used the same black facemasks with two athletes before and it had gone unnoticed by the fans, including the media guide cover in 2005.

Use some patience before hitting the panic button. It's likely just for the shoot.

Yeah, if I'm an Arkansas fan, I'd be more worried that my team's jerseys are gonna look craptastic again, even after the change in uniform providers. Facemasks would be the least of my worries (and I never get the gnashing of teeth over that, anyway, on most football helmets). Those jerseys look as bad as Nike's college baseball jerseys.

The contrast-coloring of the arm-pit areas of the jersey looks awful. Is that done because those areas of the jersey are supposed to function like Majestic's Cool Base unis and they're just having a tough time making the different fabrics match? Or is it some design school dropout's idea to contrast-color arm pits? Either way, it's awful.

That makes sense.

Also, the helmet with the white mask looks better with the set.

the only problem with the crimson/cardinal/garnet/whatever dark red shell with a white facemask is probably the most common helmet/mask combo in div 1...thankfully indiana changed it up and went with the same color mask and 2 white stripes to distinguish themselves.

the jersey reminds me of the az cardinals...dark red with large white accents,black trimmed numbers, and black piping

I really want to agree with you and hope you are right...but I'm reminded of EA Sports' screenshots of Arkansas with black facemasks in this year's release.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

yet they managed to accommodate Texas...

Texas-Nike-Pro-Combat-Uniform.jpg

I would guess that it due to the fact that "TEXAS" has fewer letters than "ARIZONA STATE" and "ARKANSAS", making it easier to fit due to it not being too wide to fit on the slim-cut jersey.

Not quite, the "TEXAS" script seems larger than the ASU and Arkansas scripts (specifically in height) but the difference is that the normal sized Texas numbers overlap onto the little mesh belly section of the template. The ASU and Arkansas script and numbers are both confined to the space on the chest-segment of the template so they have less room to work with. You'll notice the seam that the ASU and Arkansas scripts and numbers are confined by going through the bottom of the numbers in the above photo.

As an LSU fan, I can dig those Arkansas uni's. Huge upgrade over the monstrosities of the last two years. Looking forward to seeing us take another Golden Boot while they are wearing sharper duds.

Though it isn't a real change it doesn't look like, I wouldn't be opposed to the black facemask either, I think with the black trim it would be a nice touch.

Arkansas' uniforms aren't particularly good, but they sure do beat the holy hell out of the last set Adidas had them in. Honestly though I think they'd be better off looking like Oklahoma and I think the fans would prefer it as well even though I ran into some who actually like the last set claiming that it was awesome because it looked like it had tusks (which doesn't explain those random spiky things' inclusion on FIU, Cincinnati, Mississippi State, and the Michigan roads).

As an LSU fan, I can dig those Arkansas uni's. Huge upgrade over the monstrosities of the last two years. Looking forward to seeing us take another Golden Boot while they are wearing sharper duds.

Though it isn't a real change it doesn't look like, I wouldn't be opposed to the black facemask either, I think with the black trim it would be a nice touch.

I've got to say, I might hate LSU football with all I have, but I do love your uniforms. :)

As for the Golden Boot, well all I can say is that I hope it will be as good a game as its been the past three or four years. Ark/LSU has been one of the consistently best rivalries in college football recently.

dolphins2.png

I would guess that it due to the fact that "TEXAS" has fewer letters than "ARIZONA STATE" and "ARKANSAS", making it easier to fit due to it not being too wide to fit on the slim-cut jersey.

Not quite, the "TEXAS" script seems larger than the ASU and Arkansas scripts (specifically in height) but the difference is that the normal sized Texas numbers overlap onto the little mesh belly section of the template. The ASU and Arkansas script and numbers are both confined to the space on the chest-segment of the template so they have less room to work with. You'll notice the seam that the ASU and Arkansas scripts and numbers are confined by going through the bottom of the numbers in the above photo.

that was exactly my point

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

I thought I liked these, then I saw the vertical text on the pants. Damnit nike!! awful. I doubt they are going to have black facemasks though

Razorbacks use Adidas.

Not anymore. Look at the photos again.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

that was exactly my point

EDIT: sorry, got my posters mixed up, my post was responding to sacker12's comment

283caaa2.jpg

But they appear not to be the final product (from someone who goes to goazcats.com):

Yep. Those aren't the uniforms. From GoAZCats:
Not exactly. Our uniforms will be slightly different, but those hanging are NOT the new uniforms. Thanks for asking.

Wendell Neal

Associate Athletic Director, Equipment Operations

283caaa2.jpg

But they appear not to be the final product (from someone who goes to goazcats.com):

Yep. Those aren't the uniforms. From GoAZCats:
Not exactly. Our uniforms will be slightly different, but those hanging are NOT the new uniforms. Thanks for asking.

Wendell Neal

Associate Athletic Director, Equipment Operations

yeah those are way too clean...needs more piping and some crazy stripes to make everything come together...and bring back the white helmat from the bruschi days already

Archived